Trackmania Nations Forever doesn't respond to input.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kodex1717 (5925 posts) -
I just installed and configured TmNF, but I can't click on anything in the menus. My mouse pointer is there, it just won't click anything. When I attempt to use the arrow keys, the selection zooms across the screen way too fast. It's nearly impossible to highlight what you want. Also, if I attempt to type, nothing comes up. Has anyone else had this problem?
#2 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -

What are your PC specs?

And have you tried different configuration?

#3 Posted by kodex1717 (5925 posts) -

Specs: AMD X2 4600+ @ 2.52GHz, 8800GT 512MB, ECS AMD690GM-M2 motherboard, X-Fi XtremeGamer, 2GB RAM

Changing settings has no effect.

#4 Posted by Nitrous2O (1813 posts) -

Ah, you are not alone :P That happened to me to also, not sure what the deal is, are you using a 360 controller? I was curious if that was making a difference, but I never tried without it.

I played alot of Trackmania Sunrise, so playing the similar Nations isn't that important to me, I just left it at that, planning on getting back to it at some point. So sorry, no answer, but yeah same exact thing.

#5 Posted by fireandcloud (5118 posts) -
sometimes that happens when you have another controller plugged in, like a joystick or gamepad or wheel. unplugging them and just having a mouse + keyboard might help.
#6 Posted by kodex1717 (5925 posts) -
I'm not using a gamepad with my computer, so that's not the problem.
#7 Posted by kodex1717 (5925 posts) -
Bump.
#8 Posted by kodex1717 (5925 posts) -
I asked my friend about it and he solved my problem. It turns out that my keyboard's media buttons were the problem. I just went to device manager and disabled HID compliant devices until my controls worked. I hope this helps others with this problem.
#9 Posted by Nitrous2O (1813 posts) -

I asked my friend about it and he solved my problem. It turns out that my keyboard's media buttons were the problem. I just went to device manager and disabled HID compliant devices until my controls worked. I hope this helps others with this problem.kodex1717

Ok, thanks kodex. I use a Saitek Eclipse keyboard (original), media keys should already be disabled, but I'll check once I'm home again.

#10 Posted by KoD_Cazzone (2 posts) -
but if you disable the hid compilant devices they wont work :S
#12 Posted by xtaz85 (319 posts) -
When I read this I thought about some weeks ago when I had the same thing but with TMUF.
I 'fixed' it by unplugging my keyboard and plugging it back in.
#13 Posted by georgebowley (3 posts) -
it still wont respond for me i have a wireless microsoft mouse and that is HID compliant but my keyboard isnt when i disable my mouse i struggle to enable it again (i have tried that) should i be installing it with accosiate GBX files with trackmania nations forever???