Top Spin 2 controls..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlackStalker (719 posts) -
I just read the review and Gamespot says that it is almost mandatory to play Top Spin 2 with a gamepad... Can anyone confirm this? or just give me an insight as to how the controls on the keyboard are? Im planning on buying this game, but if its mandatory to have a gamepad, i might have to wait a little while. Can anyone help?
#2 Posted by basersx (6222 posts) -

I just read the review and Gamespot says that it is almost mandatory to play Top Spin 2 with a gamepad... Can anyone confirm this? or just give me an insight as to how the controls on the keyboard are? Im planning on buying this game, but if its mandatory to have a gamepad, i might have to wait a little while. Can anyone help?BlackStalker

Yeah I have it but I did not even try to play with keyboard.  I honestly can not see how it would work.  You really do need a controller.  I use a Saitek Rumber pad thats works pretty well even though I dont really like it for any game.  But yeah if you really want to play Top Spin 2 you have to have a controler.  And a very good graphics card!

#3 Posted by BlackStalker (719 posts) -
really? Is a X850XT sufficient?
#4 Posted by basersx (6222 posts) -

really? Is a X850XT sufficient?BlackStalker

Not really.  The X850XT is only slightly faster than my 6800GT and you will not be able to play this game at all in 1280x1024.  You can play it ok in 1024x768 but it will still be kind of choppy.  With that video card and no controller my advice is to just forget about Top Spin 2 for PC.  I'm sad to say if you really want to play and enjoy that game get a 360.

You almost need an 8800GTS to play this game smoothly in 1280x1024.  It just turned out to be a very poorly done port all the way around.