Top down shooters.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

What are your favourites?

Generally these are cheap to purchase, now they should be on sale, I like them because they are easy pick up and play.

There are a lot on Steam, I am looking at Alien Breed games but they seem to have mixed reviews, I think some people are a bit nit picky even on cheap games.

#2 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
Alien Breed is ok, it's kind of fun, but it gets so repetitive so quickly. There is always Alien Swarm which is free, but you need to play coop other wise the game is really hard to be beat. If shoot-em-ups count, then I would recommend Jamestown, really awesome, and like most bullet hell games, hard.
#3 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -
Alien Swarm, I think its quite popular and it has community levels. Plus its free.
#4 Posted by Croag821 (2323 posts) -
Hotline Miami if you haven't played it, it's pretty fun to pick up and play for 10 minutes.
#5 Posted by geitenvla (960 posts) -

Alien Breed is ok, it's kind of fun, but it gets so repetitive so quickly. There is always Alien Swarm which is free, but you need to play coop other wise the game is really hard to be beat. If shoot-em-ups count, then I would recommend Jamestown, really awesome, and like most bullet hell games, hard.EliteM0nk3y
Alien Breed in COOP, man that brings back memories! Great game! Remember the cheat code you had to type on the first computer? :twisted:

#6 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23604 posts) -
alien swarm
#7 Posted by l0ner_1 (352 posts) -

Check out Frozenbytes Shadowgrounds. Was mad addicting to me.

#8 Posted by G-Lord (2134 posts) -

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a blast in co-op.

#9 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Zombie Shooter 1/2

Crimsonland

#10 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7938 posts) -
I love the genre a lot, and Ikaruga is my favorite by far (originally on Dreamcast, then Gamecube, and now available on XBLA) For sidescrollers, my favorite is Sunset Riders (the genesis version).
#11 Posted by Falconoffury (1717 posts) -

Pineapple Smash Crew?

#12 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

Check out Frozenbytes Shadowgrounds. Was mad addicting to me.

l0ner_1
Thanks, those seem the most appealing to me (prefer the Sci fi setting)
#13 Posted by Renevent42 (5326 posts) -
Alien Shooter 2 is great. I'll co-sign Shadowgrounds as well pretty fun. Laura Croft and the Guardians of Light is awesome, though that mixes puzzle solving with shooting so just be aware of that.
#14 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -
I'm going to second Hotline Miami, it's really good, though it doesn't use the usual level structure and gameplay type other top down shooters often have.