Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

I've watched my girlfriend's kids play their xbox 360 version and they're hooked, i've never had any real hands on with it, but seems interesting, i like to build worlds and I like RPG games, but i admit the 16bit blockyness kinda makes me wonder if I could really get into it.

I'm also 33 years old lol, any other people my age play it? or is it a kids game?

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Maybe this will answer your question. On a serious note, if you get it, then maybe you're not too old. I'm 32 and I just don't get it.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

If you yourself think that you might be too old for something, then you probably are. Acknowledgement is death.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Prince_Denspion: Im 34 and I played it on PC since the indev build. Havent been on it for a year or so though. You are only as old as you feel ...or the woman you feel.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I'm 35 and never been able to get into it, my 12yr old loves it though.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

I'm 33 and bought it because a few of my friends insisted I try it. Never could get into it to be quite honest. I don't think I'm too old since several of my friends enjoy it, it's just not my type of game.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

It's hardly a kids game

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I used to be pretty invested in it back in the day, my buddy had a server up and running that we used strictly for construction/art. I'm only 20 though, so there's a bit of an age gap between us haha.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

minecraft doesnt have an age limit. actually its kinda a complicated game on the pc with having to craft things. Im not sure if they added any kind of crafting menus like they have in the xbox version... u get bored in this game fast though... i played it for a few days but kinda got bored and ran out of things i wanted to do in it.

I actually tried to re-create my real life house in the game, but gave up on it cause the block sizes didn't quite fit properly to re-create it the way i wanted to... where comes one of the problems is the block sizes are too limited and there should be many more sizes and types.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I'm 29 and I don't "get it," but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it if you're interested. The whole reason we all play games is to kick back and have some fun, regardless of age. I know a couple of people that are 40 and are addicted to that game, so don't let age or others opinions on your age/gaming affect your decision. Do whatever you want and have fun.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

i always thought it was boring but you never know until you try.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12  Edited By krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

You're never too old for anything, besides a professional sports contract and attending primary school. Minecraft is virtual Legos but even better. And the best part is that it's still being improved.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I have never played Minecraft nor do I intent to, but your never too old to play any game I say!

I would also read a wiki guide after you've played the game for awhile. From what I understand, Minecraft can actually get real complex when you get to the meat of it.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I would say you what you want if you want to play Minecraft give it a go. I am 31 and I like Pokemon....

NVIDIAking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NVIDIAking
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

You're never too old for anything.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I'm over 30 now and I'm just not into the mine/craft/build kind of games. I have never played Minecraft but a friend of mine got me to play Terraria on a co-op server and I have also been playing the Landmark beta. When presented with the option to do whatever I want I usually end up doing nothing in these type of games. I just don't have the creativity in the "build stuff" department to derive any satisfaction from it. I don't know if it is an age thing or just a preference but I just don't enjoy those type of games.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

I only liked the online free mode where 50 people join random server and just build random shit for hours. Some guys are pros and do really good stuff while others build simple pyramids, towers and houses. Always some trolls causing havoc lol. In 20 minutes you can watch a flat barren landscape transform into a bustling little whatever. On one wall you got the Nintendo dudes building mario and luigi etc. On another wall you got a loner building a gigantic 100x200 foot pikachu. Each map seems to take it's own unique course. You don't even have to build you can just cruise around and see the awesome stuff. Haven't played in years though lol.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Who cares about how old you are?

Just play the game and see if you like it. I'm in my early 20s and I love the game.