Titanfall has connectivity issues maxing out settings @1080P

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

For those who are unaware..if you want to play Titanfall maxed out other than the default settings detected you will get connectivity issues. I spent 1 -1 1/2 hours trying to fix it. I had to set the all the settings to default settings (mix of medium and high) and the only thing I changed is the resolution to 1080P. Apparently this was supposed to be fixed but it's not. This is with the version v. 1.0.3.7.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Lost-Connection-To-Server-Connection-To-Server-Timed-Out/td-p/2486540/page/3

I can see why people is pi$$ed off at EA. Similar crap happened when EA when they released Civ 5 when people weren't able to connect to the servers, it wasn't graphics related though as far as I know. Seriously, EA this is a JOKE. It's been 3 month's and you guys still haven't fixed it. I should be able to run this maxed out with all the settings enabled at 1080P on my HD 6970. Never seen such a thing like this before. This is a first. All other games would allow to connect and would only lag "in game" if your PC couldn't handle it.

Just wanted to pass this on to those who are graphics w***** are like me and want to play everything maxed out and to all those who want to save time and who don't want to waste $60 if they can't play it maxed out.

Other than that the game is pretty good. Better than Crap of Duty with the same crap pushed out year after year. I would give it a solid 8.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I didn't have any issues, played it max graphics and really enjoyed it.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xtasy26

@PredatorRules said:

Care to provide any insights? The resolution you play at and the full specs of your PC? I am not the only one that is having this issue. I went through a training sessions where you had all these Titans and it was playing maxed out with silky smooth frame rates. It's only when I max out everything with 2X AA and when I actually jump into an online campaign (4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5) is when I am having this issue. As a matter of fact it seems to happen in any online campaign. Never in all the years of PC gaming have I ran into such thing. I am running Windows 7 64 bit BTW. BTW what's your Titanfall version, has the latest patch?

Thanks.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GeryGo  Moderator

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Care to provide any insights? The resolution you play at and the full specs of your PC? I am not the only one that is having this issue. I went through a training sessions where you had all these Titans and it was playing maxed out with silky smooth frame rates. It's only when I max out everything with 2X AA and when I actually jump into an online campaign (4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5) is when I am having this issue. As a matter of fact it seems to happen in any online campaign. Never in all the years of PC gaming have I ran into such thing. I am running Windows 7 64 bit BTW. BTW what's your Titanfall version, has the latest patch?

Thanks.

Windows 8.1 for me, I guess don't max the game? having connection problems due to max graphics might indicate on hardware problems that might cause connection problems aka lags.

I play on Planetside 2 on max settings but their latest patch f*ucked up performance, so I've removed flora and shadows and now the game runs 60+ fps.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xtasy26

@PredatorRules said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Thanks.

Windows 8.1 for me, I guess don't max the game? having connection problems due to max graphics might indicate on hardware problems that might cause connection problems aka lags.

I play on Planetside 2 on max settings but their latest patch f*ucked up performance, so I've removed flora and shadows and now the game runs 60+ fps.

Already fixed it but thanks for the reply. Solution was I kept everything maxed out except toned down the textures from it's highest (Insane) and toned it down to Very High. Game looks much better. Also, logging out of the game and logging back into it and connecting to a closer/different Data Center to your location seems to help. Still kinda stupid that EA would design a game in such a manner. Never seen this happen with any other games..it will simply lag if you don't have enough power, but will let you still connect to a server.

Still a good game IMO, more refreshing to see something different in the FPS multi-player genre.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

I'm playing at Maximum settings @1080p and have no issues with matchmaking.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@ForsakenWicked said:

I'm playing at Maximum settings @1080p and have no issues with matchmaking.

I second this.

Play it maxed out, no problems at all.

Could it be a problem with AMD cards?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeryGo  Moderator

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Thanks.

Already fixed it but thanks for the reply. Solution was I kept everything maxed out except toned down the textures from it's highest (Insane) and toned it down to Very High. Game looks much better. Also, logging out of the game and logging back into it and connecting to a closer/different Data Center to your location seems to help. Still kinda stupid that EA would design a game in such a manner. Never seen this happen with any other games..it will simply lag if you don't have enough power, but will let you still connect to a server.

Still a good game IMO, more refreshing to see something different in the FPS multi-player genre.

Well the game is 50Gb probably because of uncompressed textures, blame the devs.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Thanks.

Well the game is 50Gb probably because of uncompressed textures, blame the devs.

The devs already said that the high install size is cause of uncompressed AUDIO, not textures.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Thanks.

uh.. if this fixed your problem... then it isnt connection issues. your GPU doesnt have 3gb of ram or more..... you cant run insane textures on anything with less than 3gb of ram or you will get horrible stuttering. that isnt "connection issues", that is your hardware not being up to par.

there is nothing to fix, you just dont understand hardware requirements....