Titanfall Beta Incoming

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/28/titanfall-beta-is-coming-to-pc-more-details-soon/

I noticed Titanfall has been a hot topic on these forums, thought this is an interesting twist.

Personally I'm not sure if it will be a good game or not but I think a large beta (if the rumors are true it will be open to pre-orders) will be good for the game.

Thoughts?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I for one am excited. I will be willing to preorder if the rumors turn out ture

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58822 Posts

It's EA. More than enough reason to ignore it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If it's an open beta I will give it a try. Give me a better idea if I actually want to get the game

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Sure, let's ignore a developer's game just cause of the publisher. Seems logical.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#7 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Will try it, if I can. Hopefully not open just to Titanfall preorders.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46170 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

Yeah same here. I'm skeptical about the game and want to try it out to remove any skepticism. I'm not going to pre-order it for a chance to play it, that just doesn't make any sense.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Game seems a bit different so I would rather try before I possibly buy

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Already have a Gamestop preorder so lets hope the rumors are true.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Sure, let's ignore a developer's game just cause of the publisher. Seems logical.

Ex-Infinity Ward. Terrible pc ports. Same gameplay over and over again. Not skill based.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Ex-Infinity Ward. Terrible pc ports. Same gameplay over and over again. Not skill based.

But you said EA, not "ex Infinity Ward".

As for ports, they are bad now but when these guys were there (COD2, COD4) the ports were perfect.

As for the gameplay, Titanfall changes it up a bit. Have to wait and play it to see how much.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But you said EA, not "ex Infinity Ward".

And you implied ignoring the developer made it a poor argument. Thus, the focus become the developer.

Ignoring both of these aspects, it will be overpriced as ****.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

And you implied ignoring the developer made it a poor argument. Thus, the focus become the developer.

Mind Blown.

First you complain about the Publisher, then you complain about the Developer, now you complain about the price (which is standard AAA price anyway)?

So by that we can safely assume you will NEVER play this game even if it gets good reviews?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Mind Blown.

First you complain about the Publisher, then you complain about the Developer, now you complain about the price (which is standard AAA price anyway)?

Dono about your country my friend but here games are £29.99.

A wonderful game (on the superior and cheaper) steam I picked up recently was Insurgency. Cost me 10 squid. Fucking good game. Highly recommended.

The idea as well that "AAA" = quality is bullshit.

Battlefield 4? Broken as ****. Modern Warfare 2+3+8+9+10? Broken as ****. Perhaps EA can pay off youtube celebs to do a better job of tricking numptys.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

Dono about your country my friend but here games are £29.99.

A wonderful game (on the superior and cheaper) steam I picked up recently was Insurgency. Cost me 10 squid. Fucking good game. Highly recommended.

The idea as well that "AAA" = quality is bullshit.

Battlefield 4? Broken as ****. Modern Warfare 2+3+8+9+10? Broken as ****. Perhaps EA can pay off youtube celebs to do a better job of tricking numptys.

I live in Australia, so the game here is $90 fyi.

I never said that AAA = quality, where did you get that from? I said it's an AAA game so that's why it has a full price tag (isn't Insurgency an old mod?).

You still haven't answered my question. You will NEVER play this game then even if it gets high reviews?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uninspiredcup
@FelipeInside said:

You still haven't answered my question. You will NEVER play this game then even if it gets high reviews?

My friend. I'll see what 4chan (V) says. They are usually quite blunt about games. Regardless of all the trolls, all the bullshit, it actually has a userbase that gives a shit about video games.

Since Call Of Duty made a shit ton of money, it's EA (who have factually been proven to pay people off) and since the gaming media has declared it "the future" and quite clearly already have an agenda to shove it in peoples faces with money, not quality in mind, these 9.5 amazings can go **** themselves.

How many websites are ranting about Insurgency? Or even acknowledging it's existence taking the time to review and inform people? Oh thats right, it doesn't have a mega publisher behind it and mainstream appeal. Thus, you have barely heard of it because the media doesn't give a shit. It's not of interest because it doesn't pay the bills.

Remember that gamespot EA sponsored competitive Battlefield 3 launch event? Yea, good times.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:
@FelipeInside said:

My friend. I'll see what 4chan (V) says. They are usually quite blunt about games. Regardless of all the trolls, all the bullshit, it actually has a userbase that gives a shit about video games.

Since Call Of Duty made a shit ton of money, it's EA (who have factually been proven to pay people off) and since the gaming media has declared it "the future" and quite clearly already have an agenda to shove it in peoples faces with money, not quality in mind, these 9.5 amazings can go **** themselves.

How many websites are ranting about Insurgency? Or even acknowledging it's existence taking the time to review and inform people? Oh thats right, it doesn't have a mega publisher behind it and mainstream appeal. Thus, you have barely heard of it because the media doesn't give a shit. It's not of interest because it doesn't pay the bills.

Remember that gamespot EA sponsored competitive Battlefield 3 launch event? Yea, good times.

I was more referring to player reviews and feedback.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@FelipeInside said:

Instead of complaining about the lack of coverage for a game, how about you blog about it?

It's very easy to criticize but a lot harder to create something.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

I agree. EA should take up criticism.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#21 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I just want to try the game to see how it runs, what the guns feel like and learn about the size of the matches.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

I will try the beta because I want a new multiplayer game. Halo is really the only online shooter I have greatly enjoyed and never got tired of and it has no future so I need something new. BF4 is fun but on PC I usually go solo because I dont no anyone that really games heavily on PC and the game is just annoying when it is played that way.

The beta will be the deciding factor if I get it, though at launch is questionable because

1. I am tired of this idea that day one buyers are beta testers.

2. FFX and Dark Souls 2 come out around the same time.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I might give it a shot.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I'd love to try beta. I've been keeping my eye on Titanfall since E3 announcement, Hopefully, it lives up to its hype.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@nutcrackr said:

Yeah same here. I'm skeptical about the game and want to try it out to remove any skepticism. I'm not going to pre-order it for a chance to play it, that just doesn't make any sense.

Need a GameStop pre-order and it will probably be XBone only so people can't see how shitty it is on multiple hardware configs on the PC. The only chance it has in that department is being built on Source, which is super-reliable. But I don't give EA/ReSpawn any credit in that department, EA can't even release games on proven engines (BF3/4) without massive issues.

Plus, you know, Origin... eww.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@nutcrackr said:

it will probably be XBone only

Could you please stop talking without knowing or at least do some research?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446962/titanfall-beta-confirmed-for-xbox-one-and-pc/

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arthas045

I went ahead and got my preorder in at Gamestop. Is the Beta confirmed or is it still just a rumor. I have read some articles stating "confirmed" and then some are "rumors".

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@Arthas045 said:

I went ahead and got my preorder in at Gamestop. Is the Beta confirmed or is it still just a rumor. I have read some articles stating "confirmed" and then some are "rumors".

It's confirmed. What the rumour is that it's an open beta, which I don't think it will be, it will only be for pre-orders.

Anyway, let me know how the beta goes, I'm still on the fence about this one.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

so basically the people on foot get to get blown up while the people in mechs get to get 1000 kills

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arthas045
@FelipeInside said:

@Arthas045 said:

It's confirmed. What the rumour is that it's an open beta, which I don't think it will be, it will only be for pre-orders.

Anyway, let me know how the beta goes, I'm still on the fence about this one.

Will do, I have been excited about the game since E3. I like the idea of the campaign tied in with the multiplayer. Quake Wars had something like this with the objective based maps.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

so basically the people on foot get to get blown up while the people in mechs get to get 1000 kills

Ehhh no.

Watch more videos.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#32 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_: More or less. It will be like that huge arctic map on Halo 4 ( forget the name) with the mechs, where everyone scrambles to get one then everyone else spends the rest of the match trying to kill the people in the mechs and getting blown up from across the map and 1-shotted.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Arthas045

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Looking at some of the videos with the Alpha and trailers it seems the people on foot have a lot of offensive against the Titans.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k

@SerOlmy said:

Need a GameStop pre-order and it will probably be XBone only so people can't see how shitty it is on multiple hardware configs on the PC. The only chance it has in that department is being built on Source, which is super-reliable. But I don't give EA/ReSpawn any credit in that department, EA can't even release games on proven engines (BF3/4) without massive issues.

Plus, you know, Origin... eww.

Yeah, Respawn hasn't proven anything and EA had a really bad 2013 (BF4 problems, NFS problems, Simcity problems). So there is no reason for consumers to trust these companies and put down a pre-order. Oh, but it has a very positive press response, yeah... the past has sown that that means less than nothing.

So if they do a beta or demo from their side to win consumers over that would be nice. If they make it exclusive to people that pre-order (again, not the smartest move) than that would be a bad move imo.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FelipeInside

@R4gn4r0k said:

If they make it exclusive to people that pre-order (again, not the smartest move) than that would be a bad move imo.

Not necessarily, since word of mouth gets around fast these days on the internet.

People from the beta will be able to get an idea of how the game will play, especially this late since the beta will be nearly the finished product. These people will then comment about the beta on the net so people without preorders can get an idea.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By uninspiredcup

@insane_metalist said:

I've been keeping my eye on Titanfall since E3 announcement, Hopefully, it lives up to its hype.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

@insane_metalist said:

I've been keeping my eye on Titanfall since E3 announcement, Hopefully, it lives up to its hype.

To the person that said "When he can't win arguments he scans through posts looking for anything to pick up in desperation."

Oh the irony...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@FelipeInside said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

If they make it exclusive to people that pre-order (again, not the smartest move) than that would be a bad move imo.

Not necessarily, since word of mouth gets around fast these days on the internet.

People from the beta will be able to get an idea of how the game will play, especially this late since the beta will be nearly the finished product. These people will then comment about the beta on the net so people without preorders can get an idea.

Yeah but people already have an idea, because of the press reaction. Personally I can hear a thousand opinions and I still need to try out a game for myself to see if I'll like it or not. I'm not going to throw money down to do so, there are many other multiplayer shooters I can play instead, if Respawn/EA do not offer me the chance to try before I buy.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FelipeInside

@R4gn4r0k said:

@FelipeInside said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah but people already have an idea, because of the press reaction. Personally I can hear a thousand opinions and I still need to try out a game for myself to see if I'll like it or not. I'm not going to throw money down to do so, there are many other multiplayer shooters I can play instead, if Respawn/EA do not offer me the chance to try before I buy.

I agree, that is very true indeed. I've played games where they got low rating and had a blast, and vice-versa.

Sadly, the days of demos are long gone. I guess companies have figured out that now demos are more of a risk than they were 20 years ago.

Hopefully Titanfall delivers, and we both get to enjoy it. (I'm not preordering either... waiting for gamer feedback first)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

@FelipeInside said:

I agree, that is very true indeed. I've played games where they got low rating and had a blast, and vice-versa.

Sadly, the days of demos are long gone. I guess companies have figured out that now demos are more of a risk than they were 20 years ago.

Hopefully Titanfall delivers, and we both get to enjoy it. (I'm not preordering either... waiting for gamer feedback first)

I fully agree :)

It's not just Titanfall though, I really don't want to see "pre-order our game to get a chance to play it" become a trend.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

@R4gn4r0k said:

@FelipeInside said:

I fully agree :)

It's not just Titanfall though, I really don't want to see "pre-order our game to get a chance to play it" become a trend.

Sadly it's ALREADY a trend and will continue to be.

Why? cause that way the devs get more sales, simple Business 1-0-1.

I don't mind people with preorders getting an early test of the game, since it's like a "Thank you" for pre-ordering, but I would rather they get bonus items or a poster or something.

Saying that, they need to beta test these games now.... they are far more complex than releasing games on floppy 20 years ago.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@FelipeInside said:

Sadly it's ALREADY a trend and will continue to be.

Why? cause that way the devs get more sales, simple Business 1-0-1.

I don't mind people with preorders getting an early test of the game, since it's like a "Thank you" for pre-ordering, but I would rather they get bonus items or a poster or something.

Saying that, they need to beta test these games now.... they are far more complex than releasing games on floppy 20 years ago.

Already too many publishers are doing this, I just don't want to see it become more of a trend :p

I've never pre-ordered a game to get access to a beta, that just doesn't seem logical to me. I'd much rather have a poster or a soundtrack or something.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I do want to try this game out, but will not pre-order to do so. I'll just have to lean on online coverage for the time being.

Still have no plans to buy day 1 even with good feedback. Most games just aren't worth the day 1 headache anymore.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#46 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

They said today that you don't need to preorder to get in the beta. So I guess maybe it's open to everybody?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

They said today that you don't need to preorder to get in the beta. So I guess maybe it's open to everybody?

Source?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

you realize that it isnt being made by EA right? respawn used EA's developer outreach program to fund it.... they are a completely separate company....

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

I'm worried this game will be a hackers paradise. Remember the owners of Respawn are pc haters. They were behind the MW 2 no dedi servers debacle.

Remember how arrogant IW was towards the pc community? They said IW net would be better than dedi servers and that pc version of MW 2 will have special features like mouse and keyboard support. We all know MW 2 was a lagged out, hack fest. Almost every game had a hacker.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#50 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I wonder if it will be a proper beta or just a demo beta like they had for the last two BF games. I'm guess it'll be a demo beta.