Titanfall 40% off on Orgin

#1 Edited by Addict187 (626 posts) -

Titanfall 40% off on Orgin

#2 Posted by ferrari2001 (17159 posts) -

Yea I saw that to. Unfortunately I have no interest in the game so even at 40% I'll still have to pass.

#3 Edited by silversix_ (15323 posts) -

Should be given for free with a Call of Duty purchase

#4 Edited by vfibsux (4217 posts) -

Speaks volumes when EA discounts something that heavily so early....never did get the hype.

#5 Posted by FelipeInside (25969 posts) -

Damn, I knew I should have waited a few months.

@vfibsux they do that always when the DLC is about to hit, so people can buy the game at a discounted price and also get the DLC with it. It's happened with Battlefield and I've also seen COD devs do it.

#6 Posted by kungfool69 (2581 posts) -

Damn good game, worth it at full price. I have had it on Xbox One from day one.

#7 Posted by JohnF111 (14105 posts) -

Think i'll get this, EA likely aren't doing it because the game is failing, because it's being so massively advertised and because EA need Origin to succeed it's a big score since they aren't spending the money to advertise it. It's still one of the top searches on search engines and if the top link is the cheapest deal around then people will buy it.

#8 Posted by SerOlmy (1777 posts) -

Hardly, I rented it for my 360 a few weeks ago. Burned through both campaigns in like 3-4 hours total, and with only 2 game modes it got really boring really quick. Especially with all the typical CoD asshattery and camping/griefing. This game is the definition of mediocre and generic. It should have retailed for $20-30 to begin with like every other mutiplayer-only title of recent years.

#9 Posted by JohnF111 (14105 posts) -

@SerOlmy said:

Hardly, I rented it for my 360 a few weeks ago. Burned through both campaigns in like 3-4 hours total, and with only 2 game modes it got really boring really quick. Especially with all the typical CoD asshattery and camping/griefing. This game is the definition of mediocre and generic. It should have retailed for $20-30 to begin with like every other mutiplayer-only title of recent years.

Okay now i'm reconsidering.

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17309 posts) -

@JohnF111 said:

@SerOlmy said:

Hardly, I rented it for my 360 a few weeks ago. Burned through both campaigns in like 3-4 hours total, and with only 2 game modes it got really boring really quick. Especially with all the typical CoD asshattery and camping/griefing. This game is the definition of mediocre and generic. It should have retailed for $20-30 to begin with like every other mutiplayer-only title of recent years.

Okay now i'm reconsidering.

That's a lie. It doesn't have 2 gamemodes.

It has Attrition, Hardpoint, CTF, Last Titan Standing and Pilot Hunter. Plus a variety game mode that cycles all game modes.

However, they cut two gamemodes in the latest patch (CTF and Pilot Hunter, see my thread in System Wars) so that was very lame. Especially because CTF was a good gamemode.

I recommended this game to a lot of people at first, but because Respawn is cutting content now, I don't think I could recommend it to anyone anymore.

#11 Edited by SerOlmy (1777 posts) -

@JohnF111:

They just cut two game modes this week. All that is left in the regular rotation is hardpoints and whatever they call team deathmatch. You can still play the other ones, but only in private matches. Once you beat both campaigns you can continue to replay them or just move on to the standard sever browser. I completed both campaigns in about 4 hours and was lvl 14 so I had a lot of the weapons unlocked already. At which point I played a few more matches through the server browser and was promptly bored of it an hour or two later.

@R4gn4r0k said:

That's a lie. It doesn't have 2 gamemodes.

It has Attrition, Hardpoint, CTF, Last Titan Standing and Pilot Hunter. Plus a variety game mode that cycles all game modes.

However, they cut two gamemodes in the latest patch (CTF and Pilot Hunter, see my thread in System Wars) so that was very lame. Especially because CTF was a good gamemode.

I recommended this game to a lot of people at first, but because Respawn is cutting content now, I don't think I could recommend it to anyone anymore.

Then all they are left with is Attrition/LTS both of which are team death match and Hardpoint. So yes, there are only two game modes now unless you play private matches.

#12 Posted by JohnF111 (14105 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@JohnF111 said:

@SerOlmy said:

Hardly, I rented it for my 360 a few weeks ago. Burned through both campaigns in like 3-4 hours total, and with only 2 game modes it got really boring really quick. Especially with all the typical CoD asshattery and camping/griefing. This game is the definition of mediocre and generic. It should have retailed for $20-30 to begin with like every other mutiplayer-only title of recent years.

Okay now i'm reconsidering.

That's a lie. It doesn't have 2 gamemodes.

It has Attrition, Hardpoint, CTF, Last Titan Standing and Pilot Hunter. Plus a variety game mode that cycles all game modes.

However, they cut two gamemodes in the latest patch (CTF and Pilot Hunter, see my thread in System Wars) so that was very lame. Especially because CTF was a good gamemode.

I recommended this game to a lot of people at first, but because Respawn is cutting content now, I don't think I could recommend it to anyone anymore.

Yeah I just did a quick google search and first thing I saw was the removal of content, yeah I'm certainly not going to buy it now, very lousy practice.

#13 Edited by SerOlmy (1777 posts) -

The reason why they cut CTF and Pilot Hunter was because it took forever to find matches because of low population. Which for an MP only game that is less than 2 months old is fucking ridiculous. Either the population has dropped off so low they can't fill lobbies in anything but TDM/Hardpoint modes or their server browser is such a PoS that it can't effectively pair people in the less popular modes. Even playing in the popular modes I would frequently get killed by delayed hits or miss my target for the same reason.

I mean come on I played Halo 4 on my 360 6+ months after release when I was visiting my buddy and I could still find matches in less than 5 minutes for the less popular modes and had very rare lag issues due to bad pairings. This isn't some niche multiplayer like the AC series (which I really enjoy tbh) where I expect it to take a while to find a full match, this is "the next big thing" that should have millions of people of playing and full lobies waiting to go regardless of game mode.

#14 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2993 posts) -

no thanks

i wouldn't use that pos software even if you payed me $500

#15 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3966 posts) -

I think the game looks really cool but I'm going to need a campaign. A fleshed out, good one would be nice.

#16 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4032 posts) -

I maxed out at 6 hours of the BETA and have no desire to play more of that game... Personally this games is a 7/10 MAX, but I'll let the industry hype it and console FPS gamers call it the best FPS ever.

#17 Posted by with_teeth26 (6247 posts) -

@JohnF111 said:

@SerOlmy said:

Hardly, I rented it for my 360 a few weeks ago. Burned through both campaigns in like 3-4 hours total, and with only 2 game modes it got really boring really quick. Especially with all the typical CoD asshattery and camping/griefing. This game is the definition of mediocre and generic. It should have retailed for $20-30 to begin with like every other mutiplayer-only title of recent years.

Okay now i'm reconsidering.

I'd second SerOlmy, there is just not much value in Titanfall. They need a more involved game mode that adds depth and replayability.

I'd say its worth it for 15 bucks max.

#18 Posted by REforever101 (11216 posts) -

its fun, but very devoid of content, i burned out of it in a week

#19 Edited by SerOlmy (1777 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

IMO it is on par with or worse than recent multiplayer-only FPS games like CS:GO, Nuclear Dawn, Monday Night Combat, Hawken, LoadOut, ect. All of which were $20 max at release (or FTP) and some of which had considerably more content and were more innovative. All of those games also have dedicated/custom servers and mods to support a community for years. The best comparison is to something like Brink, which also retailed at $60, was almost purely multiplayer, was lacking in content, and also sold poorly. This shouldn't have come as a shock.The only difference is Splash Damage/Bethesda didn't spend a fortune on deceptive marketing, full page buyouts, positive spin, and paid-for reviews.

I feel sorry (not really) for anyone who bought Titanfall at $60 because that is beyond the pale for a game of this kind. With the way EA has been going all Voldemort the last couple years this was going to be nothing but a half-assed cash crab with cut content that they could then turn around and sell as DLC (3 map paid DLC are you fucking kidding me?).

Stop rewarding EA for this shitty behavior! Because they will just keep this up if they keep making money off the rubes.

#20 Edited by kraken2109 (13160 posts) -

Played it on a friend's Xbox One, it was quite fun but I personally wouldn't buy it.

#21 Edited by vfibsux (4217 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

Damn, I knew I should have waited a few months.

@vfibsux they do that always when the DLC is about to hit, so people can buy the game at a discounted price and also get the DLC with it. It's happened with Battlefield and I've also seen COD devs do it.

I have never seen CoD 40% off within a year of a release, even then I don't recall ever seeing it discounted this much.The original CoD is even still $20 on Steam lol.

#22 Edited by FelipeInside (25969 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

Damn, I knew I should have waited a few months.

@vfibsux they do that always when the DLC is about to hit, so people can buy the game at a discounted price and also get the DLC with it. It's happened with Battlefield and I've also seen COD devs do it.

I have never seen CoD 40% off within a year of a release, even then I don't recall ever seeing it discounted this much.The original CoD is even still $20 on Steam lol.

COD games are a bit harder to find with such a big discount. I've noticed some of them come down around 15%-30% when the DLC hits. BF3 and BF4 both went really cheap when the DLC hit as well.

I should have learned my lesson by now but I mostly buy these games to play with my friends, and by the time the DLC hits we have played heaps and probably don't even buy the DLC.

I burned out anyway on FPS games, so I won't be getting the next COD or BF unless they really show something that entices me.

#23 Edited by Jr14 (1712 posts) -

They are not going to add new guns in any of their future dlc. I have the game and seems like a waste of money.

#24 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

Speaks volumes when EA discounts something that heavily so early....never did get the hype.

They have done this with every game recently, has nothing to do with the game selling poorly and more to do with getting their brand out. They assume everyone willing to drop $60 on the game has already gotten it, so they lower the price to get it to more people.

They did it with BF4, BF3, most of the Bad Company games, Sim City, etc. Hell a few months before BF4 came out they went so far as to sell BF3 for $5, and one week were even giving it away for free... The more people that play the game, the more people that potentially buy the sequels/DLC.

#25 Edited by Threesixtyci (4289 posts) -

@SerOlmy said:

The reason why they cut CTF and Pilot Hunter was because it took forever to find matches because of low population. Which for an MP only game that is less than 2 months old is fucking ridiculous. Either the population has dropped off so low they can't fill lobbies in anything but TDM/Hardpoint modes or their server browser is such a PoS that it can't effectively pair people in the less popular modes. Even playing in the popular modes I would frequently get killed by delayed hits or miss my target for the same reason.

It's all speculation. Personally I think their matchmaking system is broken for PC play. PC'ers don't like Auto Matchmaking systems. Doesn't even have auto balance. Game need a server browser and an auto balancing system. It's really no wonder why you have to wait 5-40 minutes for a full lobby and why PC'ers aren't embracing the game. It wasn't created with PC MP, in mind.

PC population it's got... Lot's of PC owners bought this game. Why they choose not to play it. EA couldn't care less about.

#26 Edited by RoccoHout (1003 posts) -

Thinking of buying it, unless someone can recommend a better multiplayer FPS

#27 Edited by FelipeInside (25969 posts) -

@Threesixtyci said:

@SerOlmy said:

The reason why they cut CTF and Pilot Hunter was because it took forever to find matches because of low population. Which for an MP only game that is less than 2 months old is fucking ridiculous. Either the population has dropped off so low they can't fill lobbies in anything but TDM/Hardpoint modes or their server browser is such a PoS that it can't effectively pair people in the less popular modes. Even playing in the popular modes I would frequently get killed by delayed hits or miss my target for the same reason.

It's all speculation. Personally I think their matchmaking system is broken for PC play. PC'ers don't like Auto Matchmaking systems. Doesn't even have auto balance. Game need a server browser and an auto balancing system. It's really no wonder why you have to wait 5-40 minutes for a full lobby and why PC'ers aren't embracing the game. It wasn't created with PC MP, in mind.

PC population it's got... Lot's of PC owners bought this game. Why they choose not to play it. EA couldn't care less about.

This.

The population is there, but the problem is that they changed the matchmaking system. Before it would just match you up, took literally less than a minute to find a game. Now if your team owns, instead of scrambling the current players, it kicks out the team that lost and tries to find a better match for both groups. Whoever thought of this system needs to be stepped on by a Titan...

#28 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4240 posts) -

I bought a code from an auction site and am really enjoying the game.

#29 Edited by KHAndAnime (14252 posts) -

When it's 100% off, then I just might give it a go. They should just make the game F2P. It looks built from the ground up to be a free game (quality of gameplay and graphics). Add the ability to cosmetically customize Titans and bam - goldmine.

#30 Posted by SerOlmy (1777 posts) -

@FelipeInside:

I really cannot wrap my head around why in public matches they don't just autobalance the teams like every other MP shooter on the PC. This has been around since Half-Life Deathmatch and TFC - two or three rounds where one team completely stomps the other and it autobalances. My only guess is that a) their server infrastructure or netcode is so godawful it can't do something as simple as autobalance or b) it can, but with such small team sizes they figure the people will scream bloody murder when they get autobalanced away from their party (or will exploit it to stack teams/win trade).

#31 Posted by FelipeInside (25969 posts) -

@SerOlmy said:

@FelipeInside:

I really cannot wrap my head around why in public matches they don't just autobalance the teams like every other MP shooter on the PC. This has been around since Half-Life Deathmatch and TFC - two or three rounds where one team completely stomps the other and it autobalances. My only guess is that a) their server infrastructure or netcode is so godawful it can't do something as simple as autobalance or b) it can, but with such small team sizes they figure the people will scream bloody murder when they get autobalanced away from their party (or will exploit it to stack teams/win trade).

Thing is that the matchmaking was working perfectly when it launched. And even if one team owned the other, some players left and others joined so it did a "manual" balance or scramble of the players. But now when one team wins, it actually leaves BOTH teams without an oponent.

Like you said, just do a scramble of players on the same server and all fixed.

#32 Edited by sSubZerOo (43423 posts) -

.. Well you try it and if you don't like it return it within 24 hours since you first played it.. Origin gives refunds like that now..

#33 Posted by Arthas045 (5399 posts) -

I think the game is really good, but I do not play it for 5-6 hours straight. I normally play it if I have like a hour of gaming time.