Time to get us into the Heroes of the Storm Alpha

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

If you have Tech Alpha access and are up to the challenge, all you’ll need to do is to reach Player Level 20 in Heroes of the Storm between Tuesday, October 7 and Tuesday, November 18, 2014. Upon doing so, you’ll be automatically entered into a random drawing, in which thousands of lucky players will be selected to invite all of their regional Battle Tag and Real ID friends to join them in Technical Alpha testing -Blizzard

Considering there is only a few thousand of us playing, I feel like the odds are pretty good.

I have access to an account with Heroes of the Storm. I wanted to see if anyone wanted friend invites or start some invite chain to get members here into the alpha.

I am trying to get my girlfriend and my main account in. I figured why not start a friend group going.

Just let me know if your interested and post your battle tag

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

in the FAQ i remember reading that only friends that you had on your friends list before october 14 are eligible for this.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/16363107/

How many of my friends will be invited if I’m selected?

All of your regional Battle Tag and Real ID friends that were added to your Battle.net friends list prior to October 16, 2014 will be eligible if you reach Player Level 20 in time and are randomly selected.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Kh1ndjal: Darn. I thought it would work. My apologizes.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I got an invite, but as yet have had no real desire to actually download and play it. Maybe if I'm really bored this week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

most of my friends are already in, we played our first matches together earlier :P

It's ok .... abit of a cluster f*ck .... and a very dumbed down version of other mobas... no item buying, just map management and head bashing.

That being said... its fun.... to play. I'm tired of DoTA ... the effort it takes, the brutal gaps between teams and invididuals that you can't claw back. this is a nice change.

looking foward to Overwatch more though....

FPS vs point and click? yea... FPS anytime.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I do like the game, but I am just not a fan of the genre... There is just no type of long term for me... I will play the game for a few days and then I am done with it... I would much rather play a fighting game or Hearthstone.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

I got an invite, but as yet have had no real desire to actually download and play it. Maybe if I'm really bored this week.

If you're not interested I'll have the beta key :P

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@SerOlmy said:

If you're not interested I'll have the beta key :P

Sadly it is not a key. You opt in through your battle.net and they just add it to your list of games...

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Yeah this is not a key and its not even beta. This is an Alpha technical version, so the game will have some issues.

I got invited too, played it, and its not that bad (I actually liked it a bit), I am just bored of MOBAs...

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
@Coseniath said:

Yeah this is not a key and its not even beta. This is an Alpha technical version, so the game will have some issues.

I got invited too, played it, and its not that bad (I actually liked it a bit), I am just bored of MOBAs...

Yeah... that is how I am with FPS games atm. I have come to this realization after playing both AW and Titanfail in a week and being thoroughly disappointed in AW (remembering why I hate COD's twitchy arena matches) and bored of Titanfail in 2 days. Now I am left with no MP games to play other than TF2 since I can't stand MOBAs and am terrible at MP strategy games. And I am now REALLY bored, maybe I will download it.