This is what Assassin's Creed Unity looks like on the PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Two videos are out from Ubisoft in order (I guess) to justify the extreme minimum requirements:

One for US:

And one for UK:

Here is the article from techreport:

The net Assassin's Creed game will have pretty steep hardware requirements on the PC. Will it justify them with proportionately awesome eye candy? The jury's still out, but Ubisoft has posted a clip that gives us a small taste of what to expect:

The clip is mostly about GeForce graphics cards. However, aside from TXAA, all of the rendering techniques shown should also work on Radeons. (TXAA was introduced with the GeForce GTX 680 and remains an Nvidia-only feature.)

Honestly, it all looks pretty good to me. I'm still a little shocked that the game pretty much requires a $250 graphics card as a minimum, but then again, the PlayStation 4 version is stuck at 1600x900 with a 30 FPS cap—and that console's graphics hardware is faster than the old Radeon HD 7850. To hit 1080p at 60 FPS, which is what I'd want as a PC gamer, faster hardware is understandably called for.

-----

And this is the article from wccftech:

Assassin’s Creed Unity Looks Truly Wonderful on PC – NVIDIA Tech Optimizations for GeForce GTX Cards Showcased

Ubisoft has been showing off Assassin’s Creed Unity, the latest installment in the remarkable and most critically acclaimed historical fiction action-adventure open world stealth video game, ever since it was officially revealed early this year, and if one thing that if said, will stand truly fit for the game, is that being the most graphically advanced Assassin’s Creed title ever, it looks absolutely wonderful on latest consoles and PC. You can check out the latest Assassin’s Creed Unity NVIDIA tech optimizations for GeForce GTX graphics cards on PC in the new video below.

NVIDIA Graphical Optimizations and Features Visually Enhance Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC – the Game Looks Absolutely Jaw-Dropping

Promising to offer almost everything that previous titles in the Assassin’s Creed series lacked, the upcoming next-gen exclusive Assassin’s Creed Unity is boasted as the best and most alluring game in Ubisoft’s historical fiction video game franchise. Not only the game features advanced graphics and textures that make the in-game 18th century Paris look admirably photorealistic, it also offers “completely rebuilt” stealth, combat, traversal mechanics, and other improved elements that combine together to offer an overall rich and immersive gameplay experience.

All the good stuff that Assassin’s Creed Unity packs will be displayed at a native resolution of 900p and 30 frames per second on latest video game consoles, but of course, PC players will be able to enjoy the game at full HD 1080p resolution and even higher, though only if their machine packs that massive power that the game demands to layout all those pixels. As reported almost a week ago, running Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC won’t be easy for everyone, for even the minimum system requirements list a Core i5-2500K processor and GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 or above with at least 2GB of VRAM as necessary pieces of hardware to run the game.

If the game requires such hardware power to run on PC, it will most certainly make players’ in-game time worthwhile with all the advanced graphical technology working to offer most immersive Assassin’s Creed experience ever. A new video that was released today on Assassin’s Creed UK YouTube page shows some advanced NVIDIA graphical optimization and features that have been designed for GeForce GTX graphics cards. Assassin’s Creed Unity already looks splendid on latest platforms, but these additional implementations, such as temporal anti-aliasing and percentage-closer soft shadows, give a great boost to the graphic quality of the game.

You can check the Assassin’s Creed Unity NVIDIA tech optimizations for GeForce GTX graphics cards in the video right below.

JasonN36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 JasonN36
Member since 2014 • 160 Posts

I remember the Watchdogs Nvidia gameworks trailer. Never again will I be fooled

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@Chatch09: I don't know if you're missing much.

From just watching the video, I'm not terrbily impressed. In all honesty, it looks like the past couple of AC games. I'd have to see the game play out with my own eyes instead of watching a video. Also, we'll just need to wait for benchmarks on the game from high-end GPUs to mid-ranged ones to see how it all plays out.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

no this does not justify those requirements, but shadow of mordor said it needed 6gb for ultra texture settings while it worked just fine with 2gb cards. gtx 680 would be ok if it was recommended card, but for minimum its just ridiculous. But we all now how ubisoft has really good optimizing for pc games . So these requirements might be true after all

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@jasonn36 said:

I remember the Watchdogs Nvidia gameworks trailer. Never again will I be fooled

The horror!

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

brotherhood was the end of AC for me .... . maybe they put their heads into super prince of persia warrior within game :)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Pftt those sexy textures, it's like 2010 again...

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@Chatch09: Setting one in Japan/Imperial China is the only sure fire way to get me to not buy one. I'm a huge AC fan, but that setting is my kryptonite, zero interest if they go there.

I haven't decided if I'm getting this for the PC or not. With the current deals I can get an XBone with Unity for $250 starting next week. That MAY be enough for me to take the leap to next gen. I just barely meet the PC reqs for Unity and I'm using an nVidia card so I may wait to buy and XBone and just play it on the PC. Haven't decided yet, I would like to see some benchmarks on the PC version before I make a decision.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#11 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Doesn't matter to me, can't run it.

I have to say that the world looks very bland though, buildings seem to be one color. That might well be accurate for the time period, but it looks boring as hell.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

This game is going to run so bad on any PC.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Anytime I hear of "nvidia optimizations" I always assume a game is going to run like ass at launch.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@topgunmv said:

Anytime I hear of "nvidia optimizations" I always assume a game is going to run like ass at launch.

Yes

Nvidia is focused on adding a bunch of performance hogging unnoticeable effects instead of actually optimizing the game for PCs. Everytime I have seen an AMD logo attached to a game, it is a usually a guarntee that the game will run perfectly fine on hardware scaling from low-high. Nvidia partnered games have always ran like crap or below my expectations. It's probably some plot to sell you overpriced graphics cards every two years.

Example of nvidia partner games that perform AWFUL on PC: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, Arkham City (DX11), Metro series, and Assassins Creed 3/4.

I worry for The Witcher 3...another nvidia partnered game.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Coseniath
@JangoWuzHere said:

@topgunmv said:

Yes

Nvidia is focused on adding a bunch of performance hogging unnoticeable effects instead of actually optimizing the game for PCs. Everytime I have seen an AMD logo attached to a game, it is a usually a guarntee that the game will run perfectly fine on hardware scaling from low-high. Nvidia partnered games have always ran like crap or below my expectations. It's probably some plot to sell you overpriced graphics cards every two years.

Example of nvidia partner games that perform AWFUL on PC: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, Arkham City (DX11), Metro series, and Assassins Creed 3/4.

I worry for The Witcher 3...another nvidia partnered game.

I agree to anything comes from ubicrap (Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed etc etc) but I was playing the others at my cousin's 3-4y old laptop... (Activision's decision to go with a modified Quake 3 engine for Call of Duty Ghosts, benefit low-end systems but didn't worked well at high-end. R9 290X on the other hand had no stuttering while all Nvidia cards had...)

Not to mention that Metro series are running better at AMD GPUs xD.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Geforce experience always puts max settings on mine for some reason when i no it cant be run at max settings.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

£49.99 price tag + Watchdogs broken for months = **** You

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
@topgunmv said:

I have been feeling like that lately. :/

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

am I the only one who can see the difference in what they're showing off, but can't actually tell which is supposed to be "better"?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

The requirements are dumb... Minimum GTX 680?

On medium settings you can run Battlefield 4 with a R7 260X and get 60FPS.

Are they telling me that there's no low or medium or high settings option?...

The PS4 has a 7850... WTF?! But the minimum is a 680?... Are they saying that the PS4/X1 are running the game on settings and framerate they wouldn't recommend?... If so LOL.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Coseniath
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

The PS4 has a 7850... WTF?! But the minimum is a 680?... Are they saying that the PS4/X1 are running the game on settings and framerate they wouldn't recommend?... If so LOL.

Well I guess, that's why the consoles running the game with their "minimum standards" at 1600x900 with 30FPS.

It would require more than double performance in order to run it at 1920x1080 at 60FPS. (133% more power...)

They better back up these requirements with awesome graphics, or they will get a big sh1tstorm.