This is super LAME !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/12/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-will-release-exclusively-on-xbox/

Hopefully later down the track they realize the dumb decision they made and it comes to PC (and also Playstaton).

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

The dumb decision?

$$$

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside

@MonsieurX said:

The dumb decision?

$$$

To be honest, I think they would have sold more releasing on all platforms, so yes....imo it's a dumb decision.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC.

But that's exactly what your doing.

You know, I would respect these guys more if they just outright stated "they gave us lots of money". The PR slurp like they are a children tv presenter talking happy magical talk to 5 year olds getting ready for beddybyes is just insulting. It annoys me more than the fact the game isn't coming to the pc.

Even at that, this is probably just bullshit on bullshit. With a later release date.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I don't see the real loss. I played the 2013 version and every 5 seconds(literal) there was something that took control of you. I have never seen a game where the gameplay is interrupted so much. The cutscenes also took way too long to skip.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC.

But that's exactly what your doing.

You know, I would respect these guys more if they just outright stated "they gave us lots of money". The PR slurp like they are a children tv presenter talking happy magical talk to 5 year olds getting ready for beddybyes is just insulting. It annoys me more than the fact the game isn't coming to the pc.

Even at that, this is probably just bullshit on bullshit. With a later release date.

I agree.

Then they have the nerve to say "hey, we still have the Osiris game coming to you guys".

Hopefully it releases later.

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

I don't see the real loss. I played the 2013 version and every 5 seconds(literal) there was something that took control of you. I have never seen a game where the gameplay is interrupted so much. The cutscenes also took way too long to skip.

Don't ever play Metal Gear Solid.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The only thing super lame is the title of that game.

I think its really funny that they whined about Tomb Raider's sales and now announce the sequel exclusively on the 2nd place system. The people managing Tomb Raider are a bunch of assholes apparently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Fall of Laura Croft. Sigh you will be missed my ex-waifu.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

This. The reboot, while having a nice story, was disappointing gameplay wise because it had way to many interruptions with QTE's and lack of adventuring in most levels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Here's another one, the new silent hill may be exclusive to PS4.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Not may be, Silent Hill is a PS4 exclusive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@k3ck said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Not may be, Silent Hill is a PS4 exclusive.

Its confirmed?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#13 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Hey Felipe, can you please try to give some inkling as to the contents of your thread within the title of said thread. Some examples:

"Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox Only - This is so LAME!!!" or

"LAME MS steals Rise of the Tomb Raider and punches orphan boy" or

"Kick in the nuts for Tomb Raider fans inside, pre-order and get kicked twice" or

"Square Enix CEO licks shoes of top MS exec in new Tomb Raider deal, raunchy photos inside"

etc.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@MonsieurX said:

The dumb decision?

$$$

To be honest, I think they would have sold more releasing on all platforms, so yes....imo it's a dumb decision.

It's not always true, if a company thinks that the development for a specific console (or in this case all except for one) is going to cost more than the profit then they cancel it.

Don't forget a company that makes exclusive for a console makes extra money from the company that owns this console (Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) for each copy that being sold.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

The reboot wasn't even that good.

Played and finished it once and never want to do it again.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#17 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@MonsieurX said:

The dumb decision?

$$$

No. Microsoft would have covered up front sales expectations the publisher had with the game. This is usually how this works nowadays. This isnt the PS2 era where the strength of its consumer base and ease of development is enough for a 3rd party to make an exclusive game (at least, not for consoles).

From memory, Tomb Raider was expensive. Despite strong sales, it didnt meet Square-Enix' sales expectations. Microsoft pre-emptively 'secured' the financial success of the next Tomb Raider with this deal.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

What a load of total rubbish, really.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=121795

So it's a "timed" exclusive, which gives me good hope it will come to PC. Still not happy this kind of crap happens in the gaming scene though.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

^

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_: I feel the same way. I can't say I even really liked TR. I mean It was ok, but I would never replay it down the road, plus all the environments looked pretty much the same.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Just when the franchise got rebooted it got fucked up after the first game already. Great work M$ ...

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

No fucking way in hell this game is a hardware mover. Dumbass M$.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Consoles can keep their console franchise as far as I'm concerned.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@FelipeInside: Exclusive games for consoles are not as exclusive as they once were. I am willing to bet that this will eventually make its way to PS3/PS4 and other consoles. Just look at last generation when we were told that Bioshock was an XBox 360 exclusive... my friends who had a 360 would always rub it in my face that it would NEVER come to PS3 and then it finally did. Then look at the Mass Effect series where Mass Effect 2 eventually made its way to PS3 and the developer said they were going to keep the original Mass Effect an XBox 360 exclusive... well that didn't happen. It all comes down to if Microsoft or Sony owns some sort of the rights to the game, if they do it will probably always be an exclusive to that console. However, if it isn't, you can usually safely assume that it is a "timed exclusive" despite what developers say. I'm sure there are plently more examples than the ones that I have provided, yet these examples are unique because we were told that these titles would always be exclusives which ultimately ended up being not true.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

PC gaming is a niche. Tomb Raider is a AAA title. Not sure you are following my train of thought here. If you're excited about over-hyped trash you should buy an Xbox instead of complaining that you can't buy over-hyped trash on your PC.

PC gaming a niche hey? It's market is currently worth more than any console.

And I'm following your train of thought just fine, it's just that it's a train wreck. Tomb Raider was one of the least hyped games in years, with people even questioning if the game needed a reboot. Then it turned out to be one of the best games of last year. What platform a game is on has NOTHING to do with the quality of it.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#28 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
@nutcrackr said:

Hey Felipe, can you please try to give some inkling as to the contents of your thread within the title of said thread. Some examples:

"Kick in the nuts for Tomb Raider fans inside, pre-order and get kicked twice" or

"Square Enix CEO licks shoes of top MS exec in new Tomb Raider deal, raunchy photos inside"

etc.

And yeah, this.

We still love you Felipe, though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@illmatic87 said:
@nutcrackr said:

etc.

And yeah, this.

We still love you Felipe, though.

I only said the first thing but just copy and paste into google and youll have all the links your heart desires

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Felix i agree 100%.Xbox needed some games to call there own..So they took the opportunity to pay them the rights to it first..It will come to the pc eventually a year from now..Where they can make the money back..Exclusive these days isnt really exclusive..Plus nothing really stays this way any more..Its a shame i really liked the remake had fun..So what ever got many other games to play this year not worried about it..So many games on my plate i wont miss it this year at all..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FelipeInside

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

PC gaming a niche hey? It's market is currently worth more than any console.

And I'm following your train of thought just fine, it's just that it's a train wreck. Tomb Raider was one of the least hyped games in years, with people even questioning if the game needed a reboot. Then it turned out to be one of the best games of last year. What platform a game is on has NOTHING to do with the quality of it.

Please do us a favor, and save yourself some money, and go buy an Xbox, kiddo. PC gaming is far too mature to take this train of thought seriously. You even think PC gaming is bigger than any console market which is delusional. You would make a great console fanboy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

I really don't understand how someone can think the way you think. No wonder PC gamers get a bad rep from "elitist snobs" like you who think they are above anything else.

With phrases like "PC gaming is too mature"? WTF are you on?You think all PC games are mature and all console games are for kiddies? really?. Let me ask, do you think exclusives like "The Last of Us" or "Beyond Two Souls" or "Heavy Rain" aren't mature games and just for kiddies?

Rayman for example started on PC, that must be a super mature game then right?

Tell me oh great PC Elitist, what "mature" games do you frequently play? (if you play games at all, cause I reckon you don't)

Oh and btw: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/389689,pc-gaming-market-worth-a-lot-more-than-consoles.aspx (Try not to argue with people that know more than you, makes you looks bad.)

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

It's possible that the console sold more than PC. Piracy is still a big problem.