Thief - cheap game now for a cheap price.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I've never heard of Green Man Gaming before, but it looks like a legit online game store. They have Thief on sale now for only . . .$17. This buys you the Steam game key.

Anyone have experience with Green Man Gaming?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Bought several games from them before, not a single problem.

And there's probably a 25% off coupon somewhere

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i use GMG alot.. they are legit

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Qixote

Yes there is a promo code, so it costs only $13. Although right after I posted this their site seems to have crashed. Hopefully they aren't "fixing" the price.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

still $17 too expensive

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Qixote

$13.60 actually. I nabbed it. Although the shopping experience on that site was horrendous, it crashed every few seconds. It took me a half hour to get all the way through checkout. But go it now and activated in Steam.

Not expecting a particularly great game, but c'mon, based on all the things I have heard about the game, definitely it should be worth this price. And I heard the latest patch addressed many of the technical issues, especially with sound.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Qixote said:

$13.60 actually. I nabbed it. Although the shopping experience on that site was horrendous, it crashed every few seconds. It took me a half hour to get all the way through checkout. But go it now and activated in Steam.

Not expecting a particularly great game, but c'mon, based on all the things I have heard about the game, definitely it should be worth this price. And I heard the latest patch addressed many of the technical issues, especially with sound.

That's the problem with GMG, their servers arent good enough to handle the increased traffic they get when they have big sales

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Qixote

Interesting update on GreenManGaming. My bank called me today (and I did verify it was actually my bank), and long story short my online credit card purchase from them a few days ago triggered a credit card security alert. My bank wanted to verify that credit card purchases made after my GreenManGaming purchase were made by me. I did verify that. I asked them why my purchase at this site was cause for concern, and they have been researching a history of complaints against them. So while they did not (yet) compromise my credit card, apparently they have a history. So just a warning to y'all.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I always knew about the site, but never bother using it because I am just too damn comfortable using Steam. But that's just me.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Thief is a terrible game (the new one) it becomes boring within 30 minutes do not pay that for it. Its just a quick cash in on the Brand, like the Amazing Spiderman Movies exisit only to cash in on the Spiderman name, Thief is the same.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I will only get it once it goes on a steam deal and its price drops to 5 euros. I'm not willing to pay any more money. :)

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Not interested, ever. Same with the new Hitman game. Even if they were free probably not worth my time.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Qixote

Wow some of you are extremely harsh. I am about the biggest fan on the planet of the original Thief games. And I am as disappointed as anyone else in how Eidos botched the latest game. But still, it's not so bad that it wasn't worth the $14 I paid. You pay that much just for a few gallons of gas.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I will only get it once it goes on a steam deal and its price drops to 5 euros. I'm not willing to pay any more money. :)

You could be waiting a long time; it's currently listed at 50 Euros on Steam where I'm at.

GMG is definitely legit; I've bought four or five games from them in the past with no issues, and their servers are much better than they were. Same goes for Get Games Go and GOG... and likely any other seller with plenty of G's in their name. ;)

While there's still no other service even nearly as well run or comprehensive as Steam, I'm just not seeing any earth-shattering deals in the last year or two. It's well worth shopping around, especially when most non-publisher services offer Steam activation to boot.