The War Z scam available on Steam.

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

SOURCE

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this game available on Steam. Have they lost their minds?

Warzsteamstore_zpsd5deb256.png

The store page makes absolutely no mention of this game still being unfinished. Yet here it is, released as if it was a full-blown game.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Game is sooo bad and how they lie on the store page about features and dont even ONCE mention its in an early stage or in beta/alpha,etc..is horrible.

Just a scam and they are trying to cash in before the DayZ standalone comes out.

Atleast mention on the store page that its in very early stage and that alot of the features are not in the game yet.

Rocket said he wanted to come otu with DayZ late Dec or Jan and that he wants to release it on steam but like the way minecraft got released. AKA not lying to the public.

I don't have an issue getting games like Minecraft or Project Zomboid early because I trust in whats there now and where they are going from there. They are up front about things and dont lie. These Devs for The WarZ seem like scam artists.

Its so obvious that they are cryign to cash in with a scam of a game and not even beign up front about the facts that its in a very early stage. BE HONEST DAMNIT!!

Game deserves horrible reviews and sales (Although i see it is #1 on steam sales right now, scam looks to be working) from a scamming and lying to people standpoint but also from a standpoint that the actual gameplay and everything to do with the game is extremely bad.

Stay away people!

I enjoyed a good amount of games this year but there was some horrible ones to, WarZ being one of them (RE6 and Foreign Legion Mutli Massacre being the other).

I remember when Terraria came out 2 months early and they said that its a work in progress and people didnt mind as they where up front and honest about alot of updates comign on the way. Being honest as devs can go along way, these guys seem like the exact opposite.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

lol wow.

smh

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Lol wow. Been hearing a lot of bad stuff about this game, and this doesn't help.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
top seller on steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

top seller on steamnutcrackr

This is very sad. I'm ashamed of Steam.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kozzy1234

top seller on steamnutcrackr

The Scam artists are sitting back like:

"WE DID IT!!! WE LIED ON THE STEAM PAGE AND PEOPLE BELIEVED US!"

scaledphpserver72filena.png

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

So just posted in a similar thread, but I'm still finding it hard to believe that Valve put a game that's been so controversial as being a "scam." Granted, as far as I see, there are only allegations, but I'd think if there was a possibility of a scam that someone at Valve would have halted putting this on Steam so quickly. Seems like a potential lawsuit waiting to happen IMO.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
There are few times I have seen so much hate to a game. And it seems justified.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

wait for the flood of refund demands to come in and the fun will begin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I have a feeling Steam is going to get into some major trouble over this.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Saw that on Steam, thought at first that it was DayZ with a different name. Glad I didn't buy it.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kozzy1234

http://youtu.be/XxVa7663pXc

Only time Ive been dissapointed with steam, allowing this on there with all the lies? Not mentioning that its early in development or the fact that some of the features they list as beign IN the game are NOT in the game!

Atleast the steam forums are jammed packed with people talking about this.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Saw that on Steam, thought at first that it was DayZ with a different name. Glad I didn't buy it.chessmaster1989
Me 2. I thought it was the Day Z mod.

I have a feeling Steam is going to get into some major trouble over this.

airshocker
It surprises me Valve allowed this. I thought it would go to Greenlight first.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
people are saying you should report the game via the steam ticket system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

people are saying you should report the game via the steam ticket system.nutcrackr

I did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Good video, if you don't want to read the tumblr.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Can't wait till Valve release the ScamBox and scam all the casual plebs.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]people are saying you should report the game via the steam ticket system.airshocker

I did.

Where do you report it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Where do you report it?chessmaster1989

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php?l=english

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kozzy1234

The War Z: Shady, Misleading and False Advertising

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504534

I mean seriously? How hard would it be to just have this on the store page for WarZ:
**Game is in very early stage and is not finished yet, lots of updates to come**

**The list of features is NOT all in the game yet**

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kozzy1234

War Z - Buyer Beware
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to make an honest post about this game, for those gamers looking at purchasing War Z via Steam. The game has been for sale since August from the main site. The War Z community that has purchased and followed the game already, is divided. There are those who still support the game and Hammerpoint(the developers) through their mishaps and poor choices. The other side of the community feels cheated, lied to, and believes that this game has been a scam.

There is a massive population who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survivial MMO. Unfortunately this game falls short in all 3 of those words.

Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most.

Survival. Yes they added food and water to the game, and you have to find supplies to keep your health replenished. However, your not trying to survive against zombies. Your trying to survive from other players. Simply put. Please don't let the game fool you. This is the truth. You will find that your lured into towns in order to get supplies, but that's where the other people are as well. You'll find that there are campers, server hoppers, and highest of all a high population of hackers.

MMO. Don't let the 100 players fool you as well. Right now the servers sport a MAX population of 50 per server. Battlefield 3 has more than this. This game is far from being an MMO, so beware. You won' t be in a HUGE world with hundreds of people. Instead a map that has 50 people.

Two modes of Play: Normal and Hardcore
- - - False. Hardcore does not work and is not implemented.
Meld of PVE(Player versus Environment) and PVP (Player versus Player)
- - - False. No PVE content. This game will force you into PVP, and there is no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.
Up to 100 Players per Game Server
- - - False. MAX right now is 50. If they raise it further, game is over crowded. They already tried this before putting the game on steam.
Dedicated Public Servers as well as Private Servers
- - - False. This feature isn't even in the game yet.

Here is a break down of the topics listed on their main site. It's up to you to decide if you wish to purchase the game to find all of this out.. or not. If you enjoy PVP, you'll probably enjoy it, if you can get past the fact the game is overrun with hackers.

FIRST ZOMBIE MMO

I have a hard time accepting that this game could even be considered an MMO. In the current state, the Colorado map supports 70 players, and you have 200 plus game servers. This is in no way massive multiplayer. Look at the Battlefield series, and it supporting 64 players, and rented game servers. You don't see Battlefield being called an MMOFPS, and why? Because it's not. I think Hammerpoint should re-evaluate this statement, as the only thing that separates it from any regular FPS game, is that there's random items that spawn on the ground that you need to "survive", food/water meter, an inventory, and random low populated zombies in cities. This could be added to any FPS and boom, you have War Z. Do those features make it an MMO?

Don't get me wrong, I understand they state in the FAQ and interviews, that the other maps can handle much more people, in fact up to a maximum of 250 people per the FAQ. However one has to wonder, if the game engine can literally support those size of maps, that amount of players, and that much random items and AI, geometry, etc, in the world. If Colorado can only support 70 players, and that map is 80% plus made up of only forest and trees with nothing in those areas, are the new maps truly going to be able to support that high amount of players at once? Especially the urban maps such as based on a major city? That type of map should be able to house 250 people with how much areas you should be able to explore in a city such as that, however I don't think it could support it. This is just a thought of course, but it has to make you wonder.

NEW GENERATION OF MMO

Now this topic falls into the first one right away, about it not being a true MMO. I think the heavy usage of the term MMO for this game, definitely feels more like bait. Who wouldn't like to play a Zombie MMO? A real Zombie MMO? That's why we all visited War Z, is it not? However continuing, the engine does look good in most aspects, though falls short of a AAA game. There are things that make you bang your head, such as the animations. What's with the crawling animation in 3rd person? The animations definitely need work and to be made for fluid and natural. Also, where's the furniture, and just overall detail in the maps? To say it is a new generation game, and does not include basic features and also a high level of detail - I wonder how in fact it is considered new gen? New or Next Generation to me, means that the game is pushing the limits on the current capabilities, and I have a hard time in understanding how War Z is doing so. The engine is not nothing new, like CryEngine 3 or FrostBite. The graphics are decent, but no where near AAA quality.

HUGE PERSISTENT WORLD

The current map, Colorado, I do admit does feel quite decent in size. To consider it HUGE, no. MMO huge, definitely not. Also when vehicles are added, the map will feel extremely small. The reason it feels so vast right now, is because traveling is slow. I do feel that vehicles would ruin this game, just for that reason, but that's just an opinion. I would like to get around a bit faster, especially when trying to get with friends, however to have vehicles? I'd personally pass on those for more sprint. Or an idea would be to allow energy drinks to make your stamina last longer for duration (boost). Just an idea. Also I have a concern about how they stated the middle paragraph. "As more worlds become available, just switch between them at anytime, without loosing your data or paying world transfer fees". It's stated, to sound like there are massive single shard servers, and you can travel between the different worlds. It's not really based on worlds, it should state you can switch servers at anytime that will be running different maps. This is the same concept as Battlefield or most FPS games, nothing new, so why word it as so.

NO CLASSES, NO LEVELS, AND LEVEL CAPS

This statement for the most part is legit, and there's not much to say. Of course the skills are not yet in the game, and I do hope that if and when the game does "officially release", that they remove this as a listed feature, and mention it in some other section such as upcoming features. Since it's not truly an actual feature of the game, until implemented. Until then, it's simply an idea. Also there's no victory to surviving the longest, but sounds good.

EXPLORE, SCAVENGE, KILL, SURVIVE

I personally enjoy exploration, finding new gear, and also some PVP. However being a huge fan of exploration, I do feel that the statement is false for this game. At first, there is a level of exploration as you check out the different areas of the map. However once you've explored everything, what then? It seems the next step is to simply farm for gear and weapons, because zombies is the least of your worries in this game. In fact, zombies are annoying and seem like filler. They are more like player radar instead. See some zombies running, must be a player around! It's pretty sad honestly, when the whole point of the game, is Zombie Survival. The game overall feels like a FPS deathmatch and free for all, and there just so happens to be random zombies in the game. I also feel that because there is no exploration, aka empty forests, and there's no true reason to explore after a certain point, that it simply promotes camping and farming. Because honestly, what you gonna do? Waste time wandering empty forests and fields that you have had to travel tons of times to get from point A to B? It does sadden me, because I purchased this game based on exploration, scavenging, and more importantly zombies. It seems to be lacking in areas that should be it's strong points. Straight up.

PLAY WITH FRIENDS

Now it's definitely nice clans are finally implemented, it was needed badly. So cheers to them for that. I do hope that they implement a friend system, and if being released on Steam possibly it could be based on that. However which ever way they choose to go, this should be a feature that's added prior to any official release on Steam and hope it's done as so. If you meet someone awesome, who is friendly and you enjoyed playing with, it would be awesome to add them to a friends list, so you can message them and say ' Wanna play?'.
Now the rent servers, I think it's needed for this type of game. But again, I don't think it fits if this game holds the name, MMO. These custom servers add more ways that actually split up the populations even further. Instead of mashing people together on larger servers, your spreading them out.

If you purchase War Z, I do hope you enjoy the game. For those of you who do not, cheers to you and save your money for something else.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

I mean seriously? How hard would it be to just have this on the store page for WarZ:
**Game is in very early stage and is not finished yet, lots of updates to come**

kozzy1234
Very hard since the developers skipped the testing and went straight to "finished". Steam shouldn't even have this pile of crap anyway, but what they need to fix is the misleading game details on the store page, it's a scam right now.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

SaltyMeatballs

Very hard since the developers skipped the testing and went straight to "finished". Steam shouldn't even have this pile of crap anyway, but what they need to fix is the misleading game details on the store page, it's a scam right now.

Yeah I agree, this is the first time in years and years on steam that I am dissapointed in something like this.

Feel bad for the people who got fooled by this false advertisements

dav2693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dav2693
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

This is just a blatant attempt to cashin on DayZ succes, using the same name, saying the game was in develpment before dayz, recycling from War Inc.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
TotalBiscuit states on Twitter, "Spoilers, War Z is terrible, 40 minutes of me telling you so will be up tomorrow."
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
TotalBiscuit states on Twitter, "Spoilers, War Z is terrible, 40 minutes of me telling you so will be up tomorrow." SimplyFatal
' TB is pretty funny I find when he rants, hopefully he does put it up, I have been waiting for him to put a WTF Is... of Medal of Honor Warfighter 'cause I know it would be hilarious.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kozzy1234

TotalBiscuit states on Twitter, "Spoilers, War Z is terrible, 40 minutes of me telling you so will be up tomorrow." SimplyFatal

Oh man that is going to be EPIC

chrispaulnoooo.png

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]TotalBiscuit states on Twitter, "Spoilers, War Z is terrible, 40 minutes of me telling you so will be up tomorrow." kozzy1234

Oh man that is going to be EPIC

chrispaulnoooo.png

You said it bud. I can't wait.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#31 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Not interested. Read a couple of bad things about the game and the developers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Felipe, don't be silly. Go look at the Steam store page, and then look at the forum. The only people who don't think it's a scam, or that they didn't falsely advertise, are trolls.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Felipe, don't be silly. Go look at the Steam store page, and then look at the forum. The only people who don't think it's a scam, or that they didn't falsely advertise, are trolls.

airshocker
Don't get me wrong, I DO think it's a scam since I've read so many bad things about it. I was just pointing out about that guy on the Reddit Forums. Maybe he got forced to retract due to legal reasons?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Don't get me wrong, I DO think it's a scam since I've read so many bad things about it. I was just pointing out about that guy on the Reddit Forums. Maybe he got forced to retract due to legal reasons?FelipeInside

Well now it's irrelevant because they have been proven to be liars. Almost everything on the Steam store page is a lie.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Don't get me wrong, I DO think it's a scam since I've read so many bad things about it. I was just pointing out about that guy on the Reddit Forums. Maybe he got forced to retract due to legal reasons?airshocker

Well now it's irrelevant because they have been proven to be liars. Almost everything on the Steam store page is a lie.

Yeah, you are correct. (just read through that link you posted, amazing the lies) Shame, I would love a properly done Zombie MMO.
creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/ So many topics about how bad it is :p
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kozzy1234

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/ So many topics about how bad it is :pcreaturemagic

So many people that got fooled into buying the game, sad really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/ So many topics about how bad it is :pcreaturemagic

I would have been fine with paying money for this game if they had simply said it was unfinished and these features were planned. But they didn't say that. The store page makes it out to be like it's a fully-finished game. That's not right.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Steam probably didn't know that it was falsely advertised. I don't think they are at fault here. I'm sure they will do something about this quickly.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Steam probably didn't know that it was falsely advertised. I don't think they are at fault here. I'm sure they will do something about this quickly.

JangoWuzHere

Yes they are. They should know what is on their store and what kind of state the game is in. Of course they're not as much as fault as the developers, but they are still somewhat at fault.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Yes they are. They should know what is on their store and what kind of state the game is in. Of course they're not as much as fault as the developers, but they are still somewhat at fault.

Are you telling me that steam looks at every game in great detail before it gets released on the store? If you feel that you were the victim of false advertising, then request a refund. I will only consider Steam to be at fault if they refuse to give you a refund.

Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts
I'm mostly pissed that i paid 30 for a game that is on Steam for 15 >.
XtCRoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XtCRoland
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
A lot of people have been caught out after purchasing this SCAM of a game, I was one of them. Trying to get my money back through pay pal. They had a hacker ban session and a lot of innocent players were banned falsely. this is what happened to me. it would probably come as no supprise to you all when you read the reviews in Gamespot for the worst game of the year for 2012 Big rigs Over the Road Racing by Stellar Stone or more importantly a Developer by the name of Sergey Titov. From all the reviews that I have read not one of his games come to fruition That is the ones he produced etc. others that he may have had a small part in the production of may be ok but, Im not concerned with them. I't seams that where he is the controlling intellect behind the game they FAIL big time. Just look at this review in Gamespot for one of his games. http://au.gamespot.com/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing/reviews/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing-review-6086528/ The Game the WarZ is a Ripoff a Scam and I don't know what else you would like to call it, But it certainly doesn't deserve to be on Steam or supported by them.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

Are you telling me that steam looks at every game in great detail before it gets released on the store? If you feel that you were the victim of false advertising, then request a refund. I will only consider Steam to be at fault if they refuse to give you a refund.

I didn't buy the game, but Steam is responsible for what is on their store, it's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Yes they are. They should know what is on their store and what kind of state the game is in. Of course they're not as much as fault as the developers, but they are still somewhat at fault.

Toxic-Seahorse

I didn't buy the game, but Steam is responsible for what is on their store, it's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise.

I don't have unrealistic expectations when it comes to Steam. They don't have time to look at every new release that comes out on their platform. If that was the case, then launch releases like Dead Island and Black Ops would never happen. However, its not like it was all doom and gloom for the people who bought those games. The people who requested a refund got one and that's that.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#47 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2946 Posts

Seems to be the case often with Steam games lately, I purchased Miasmata because it looked like a good concept for a game... The game is far from what I would call a finished product, crashes frequently, looks and plays like utter ****

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I'm not surprised at War Z dev/publisher. I'm surprised at Valve. What happened Gabe?! lol Greenlight Games is a bright idea and then you shamble it with this.. with this... monstrosity. Arghhhh! *smashes chair* :P

dollada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 dollada
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I will restate the same as everyone else. This game is sold under false advertising to an extent. It is NOT a single purchase game if you want to have fun with other people or want to be competitive.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I will restate the same as everyone else. This game is sold under false advertising to an extent. It is NOT a single purchase game if you want to have fun with other people or want to be competitive.

dollada
Ok, aside from the "scam." Is it a horrible game? Like kick it into the dark woods, bad?