The Talos Principle - Worth $20?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Thoughts on Talos? I've already consulted some of you, who seem pleased with the game!

Is it worth buying for $20? I'm going to try the demo, hopefully before the end of the sale.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

It is worth it if you enjoy puzzle games. It is not as good as the portal games, but it is good. I find the puzzles lack the verticality and scale of the portal games. They will get you thinking for sure though.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#3  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Totally worth it. Has a great world and atmosphere and it communicates direction quite well without being too intrusive (in terms of goals and that you need to complete). The puzzles are varied and I find it more challenging than both Portal games and better structured than Portal 2.

In terms of mechanics, It doesnt really have that distinctive X-factor of the Portal Gun or the Swapper device (from The Swapper), but I feel that's where the strength of this game lies: how it uses simple concepts to present puzzles in interesting ways, because some of the solutions are pretty creative.

The biggest beef you may have with this game is whether or not you're into Philosophy, It's okay with how it's presented (the world saves it more than the dialogue or text), but I just find Philosophy in games rather boring.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Yes, its a great game. Also try Antichamber thats a great game too.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@biggest_loser: I played the demo and enjoyed it a lot but I think I'm gonna wait until it's cheaper. It's tempting but I have enough shit to play and by time the summer sale comes around it will probably be on sale for $10.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#6 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

if you have money to spend and not much of a backlog of games to play than it's a good buy. it's beautiful and pretty fun.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@biggest_loser said:

Thoughts on Talos? I've already consulted some of you, who seem pleased with the game!

Is it worth buying for $20? I'm going to try the demo, hopefully before the end of the sale.

I would say yes even if I haven't played it, simply because it looks polished well.

You could also buy Portal 1 and 2, Quantum Conundrum.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

totally worth it!