The Sims 3 Expansion Packs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gamer7997 (31 posts) -
How'd you think of sims 3? betta then sims 2? Sims 3 Expansion packs coming soon?
#2 Posted by rmfd341 (3808 posts) -
How'd you think of sims 3? betta then sims 2? Sims 3 Expansion packs coming soon?gamer7997
I don't think I would like expansion packs sir...
#3 Posted by KimDongUk (7 posts) -
I'm so sure that EA will make a plenty of expansion pack series as it did with The Sims2 Let me take some statistic data......Order of "The Sims 2" Expansion Packs "The Sims 2 University" "The Sims 2 Nightlife" "The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Open for Business" "The Sims 2 Family Fun" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Glamour Life" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Pets" "The Sims 2 Happy Holiday" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Seasons" "The Sims 2 Celebration" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 H&M" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Bon Voyage" "The Sims 2 Teen Style" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Free Time" "The Sims 2 Kitchen and Bath Interior Design" (A Stuff Pack) "The SIms 2 Ikea Home" (A Stuff Pack) "The Sims 2 Apartment Life" "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden" (A Stuff Pack) You may notice that isn't a joke!! The price of original Sims2 is 33.3$ But the average cost for each expansion pack is around 19.7$ EA is so greedy that it' very likely to make more extension packs for The Sims3.......
#4 Posted by pvtdonut54 (8554 posts) -

Guranteed 40 Expsansion packs at full retail price each adding 2 items and a new type of clothing :o

#5 Posted by Recontrooper (1012 posts) -
They need to lower the price to $20 an expansion to make me buy what I have already bought for sims 2 haha!
#6 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

It's ok so far I just got my copy a few days ago so I'm still feeling it out. However, if they are gonna an expansion pack the only thing I'm interested in seeing is a return of the 'nightlife' and 'dating' scenes--like they had in the Nightlife TS2 expansion pack.....that's what I really miss. :(

#7 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -

I wish there's no booster pack.

#8 Posted by Charles_Dickens (1693 posts) -

If you've played The Sims 3 then you'll know by now that the expansion packs won't be anything like they were in The Sims 2.

You can see that this open-world that's in The Sims 3 is eventually going to be filled up with all sorts of mind-blowing stuff. So, essentially, the expansions will be aimed towards enhancing the open-world gameplay.

Right now, for example, the sims, when they go to work, are vanishing - we might see an expansion pack that will address that. Or we might see an expansion pack of towns - my guess is that we probably will: I'm willing to be that at some point we'll be given a desert town, and a big city town (which would be fantastic - imagine a densely packed city), and a tropical resort town... there are just so many possibilities. Honestly, I'm really enjoying The Sims 3 right now - but because of the open-world it means that the expansion packs are going to be unique.

This is the reason gamers should actually have to play a game before they start to be critical of it - people said that The Sims 3 would just be The Sims 2 without all the stuff. Nope. It's a deeper game. And the expansion packs will not be the same.

#9 Posted by brain20035 (1999 posts) -

Guranteed 40 Expsansion packs at full retail price each adding 2 items and a new type of clothing :o

pvtdonut54
that's too exaggerating but I agree :D
#10 Posted by naval (11109 posts) -
How'd you think of sims 3? betta then sims 2? Sims 3 Expansion packs coming soon?gamer7997
oh , yeas, they are coming and in herds
#11 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

If you've played The Sims 3 then you'll know by now that the expansion packs won't be anything like they were in The Sims 2.

You can see that this open-world that's in The Sims 3 is eventually going to be filled up with all sorts of mind-blowing stuff. So, essentially, the expansions will be aimed towards enhancing the open-world gameplay.

Right now, for example, the sims, when they go to work, are vanishing - we might see an expansion pack that will address that. Or we might see an expansion pack of towns - my guess is that we probably will: I'm willing to be that at some point we'll be given a desert town, and a big city town (which would be fantastic - imagine a densely packed city), and a tropical resort town... there are just so many possibilities. Honestly, I'm really enjoying The Sims 3 right now - but because of the open-world it means that the expansion packs are going to be unique.

This is the reason gamers should actually have to play a game before they start to be critical of it - people said that The Sims 3 would just be The Sims 2 without all the stuff. Nope. It's a deeper game. And the expansion packs will not be the same.

Charles_Dickens

Couldn't agree with you more Charles, I don't think it's going to be expansion packs necessarily in terms of how people perceived them to be. Like you said I think people are giving an unfair shake to how Sims 3 is already so far set up--some of it coming from those who haven't really given the game a go--but simply basing it on how Sims 2 was. Really I think what many don't think of is that a lot of the previous elements that were added to Sims 2 via expansion packs have been incorporated and/or enhanced through Sims 3--like for example things like fishing, gardening and things as such which were introduced through expansions are already included in Sims 3. I agree with your idea that I don't well see expansion packs, more so than I think it'll be something like add-ons that are broken down in smaller file sizes than expansions that can be download or something to this effect. Frankly, I am anxiously waiting for a fix or add-on that will that will let you see your Sims inside their work or in restaurants once again (the 'once again' part referring to Sims going out to eat). And a big city add-on would be so awesome to see (especially if it reincorporates nightlife elements back like dating, clubbing, etc.). :)