The Scariest PC Game EVER! (question)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mastersword007 (6630 posts) -
I wanted to buy a scary pc game., but I can't decide which one....Could any of you recommend me?
And don't forget: The scarier it is, the better!

~Thanks in advance
#2 Posted by sagouin (7 posts) -

Alien vs predator

Phantasmagoria

f.e.a.r 

#3 Posted by Terrorantula (934 posts) -

STALKER can be scary but the games just **** lol.

#4 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Definitely, SystemShock 2.
#5 Posted by Apenoot (2087 posts) -

STALKER is an awesome game :shock: !!!

Anyways I didn't think F.E.A.R. was all that scary, but many people disagree with me on that. I personally found that Doom 3 managed to unnerve me a lot, mostly because you have to be so wary for ambushes all the time. The monsters usually pop out when you're about to lower your guard a bit :P

I stopped playing Doom 3 because of this. I become too nervous (though maybe not really scared) while playing.

#6 Posted by MasterLogan (4 posts) -
man... even reading the words system shock make me shudder... that game was amazingly scary. thats the one for you
#7 Posted by Terrorantula (934 posts) -

STALKER is an awesome game :shock: !!!

Anyways I didn't think F.E.A.R. was all that scary, but many people disagree with me on that. I personally found that Doom 3 managed to unnerve me a lot, mostly because you have to be so wary for ambushes all the time. The monsters usually pop out when you're about to lower your guard a bit :P

I stopped playing Doom 3 because of this. I become too nervous (though maybe not really scared) while playing.

Apenoot

Yeh FEAR bored me to tears, it was never scary.

#8 Posted by Apenoot (2087 posts) -

I do like FEAR gameplay-wise though :)

Just... not scary once you find out that the paranormal stuff can't hurt you (except for those ghosts in the 'dream' parts)

#9 Posted by BLiTZv3 (882 posts) -
Fear is funny...well, scary wise I mean., but the gameplay is awesome. ANyway...SystemShock2 is damn scary..also DOOM3
#10 Posted by newage79 (117 posts) -
doom3 is hell scary
#11 Posted by NicotineKid (1475 posts) -

Definitely, SystemShock 2.thusaha
Yeah, it's a great game. But with todays graphics, this game is more hilarious than scary.

#12 Posted by Ontain (25498 posts) -

Alien vs predator

Phantasmagoria

f.e.a.r

sagouin
oooo all great choices. though phantasmagoria doesn't stand the test of time. AVP2 was great and so was undying.
#13 Posted by doi4in (232 posts) -
Condemned : Criminal Origins - the scariest game ever :!
#14 Posted by mastersword007 (6630 posts) -
All right.

I've decided to go for:

Doom 3
System Shock 2
F.E.A.R
Leisure suit larry......nah just kidding >_>

Thanks for the help guys
#15 Posted by JimNorton (31 posts) -
The undisputed scariest game I ever played was Clive Barker's Undying. SS2 is up there also.
#16 Posted by Whermacht02 (1069 posts) -
I agree with Undying being the scariest game ever. System Shock 2 and Alien Vs. Predator 2 are closely behind it....
#17 Posted by HavocEbonlore (483 posts) -
System Shock 2. I have never played any other game that can match the atmosphere of that game. If you've never played System Shock 2, you're missing out. Get it, grab the graphic upgrade mods and prepare yourself for a unique FPS unlike any other.
#18 Posted by basersx (6222 posts) -

NOT fear or Doom 3.

And so far I would say STALKER is scarier than both FEAR and DOOM 3.

#19 Posted by bluerose123 (324 posts) -
...penumbra... thatl give you the creeps.
#20 Posted by 0_Wii_Man_0 (919 posts) -
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. , F.E.A.R. , and doom 3.
#21 Posted by ufopuller (6050 posts) -

F.E.A.R. there are invisble enemy that just pop out at ya - :?

#22 Posted by Apenoot (2087 posts) -
Use slow-mo and those will become visible :)
#23 Posted by yian (5166 posts) -
Alien vs Predator's Marine section is pretty scary, though I do hope it was a bit longer and without that menu sound loop glitch.
#24 Posted by A-S_FM (2208 posts) -

system shock 2 - i've never played another pc game that really tapped into my own sense of self-preservation - except for perhaps operation flashpoint, but that wasn't really scary - the environments are so oppressive and the enemies all look and sound (especially sound) so wrong - it's an affront to your senses as much as your nerves as you try to stay alive

it has everything - it's not just a brilliantly scary game - it's a moment of pc genius, where else can you get scifi, horror, fps and rpg all in the same game? no one, that's who

the marine campaign of aliens vs predator is pretty awesomely scary too - darkess + fast, lethal enemies + loud motion sensor = brown trousers time 

#25 Posted by Sandro909 (15221 posts) -
After playing through Doom 3 alone at night with the lights off, I can say it isn't that scary, unless you're easily scared. However the FEAR demo alone scared the **** outta me.
#26 Posted by jrhawk42 (12764 posts) -
splinter cell chaos theory, I'm not kidding, installing starforce is the scariest thing you can go through.
#27 Posted by Mantine (168 posts) -

Do not get STALKER / FEAR / DOOM

Stalker is not scary, plus the only parts when you get to the "scary" bit is just one thing pops out of you and thats it.

FEAR is not scary most of the scares are scripted and once you do one playthrough these cheap shocks will just make you sigh in boredom, in terms of gameplay its a really action-packed FPS

Doom 3...lol that game is just poor in terms of scare, its just cheap shocks. They come so often you learn to expect them, plus the game itself is really repetetive.

If you want a scary game then I would definately reccomend System Shock 2 

#28 Posted by shaggymcp (2896 posts) -

NOT fear or Doom 3.

And so far I would say STALKER is scarier than both FEAR and DOOM 3.

basersx

Yea cause STALKERS Bugs are Horrifying :lol:

Get FEAR, Doom3, Aliens Vs Preditor those will pretty much do it.

#29 Posted by G-Lord (2134 posts) -
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth has some great shock moments. Especially the beginning is brilliant.
#30 Posted by Envig (819 posts) -

FEAR and Doom3, i like the graphics and the freaking scary **** happening! :P

STALKER is just boring. 

#31 Posted by couly (5833 posts) -
Alone in the Dark:  The first ever phsychological thriller, scared the crap out of me. There were others to follow in its wake like Resident Evil, but for its time, so atmospheric.
#32 Posted by mtbrdude87 (136 posts) -

Undying.

#33 Posted by biowulf (194 posts) -
Doom 3 although it becomes predictable, and if you want an older game, go for System Shock 2.
#34 Posted by tschmidt (1 posts) -
I'd definitely go with Clive Barker's Undying.  It scored well at a 9.1, and won the Best Game No One Played award, which is why most people don't mention it.  It scared me way more than Doom 3 or FEAR.  I ended up only being able to play it in the middle of the day when people were in the room with me.
#35 Posted by zayl99 (614 posts) -
Condemned easily.
#36 Posted by BloodMist (32752 posts) -
 I gotta throw another vote in for Undying, which is, at least so far, the only game i've ever played that had me constantly on edge, at all times.And about half the time, completely scared outta my mind.Get Undying.You won't regret it.
#37 Posted by WARxSnake (2153 posts) -
play 'the cradle' mission in thief3:deadly shadows.
#38 Posted by kospao (1 posts) -
Just try  Silent Hill 3 & 4