the next Total War game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shogun9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shogun9
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
It sounds like and exciting idea, but it acutally appears that it may come to fruition. Being a big fan of the Total War games of course I'm always wondering to myself what the next game in the franchise will be. Recently it seems that a Shogun TW2 game is in the makes. With the approach of Medieval II Kindoms, there has been an offer of a free copy of Shogun: Total War with the pre-order of Kindoms. This may seem like an offer to the fans of a way to get their hands on the game that started the franchise without having to buy the Total War: Eras game package, but i suspect it is a promotional offer for the game's possable upcoming sequel. As well, this month totalwar.com released their August calendar wallpaper featuring art of an old samurai man to go along with the news that on August 28th at Leipzig, the Creative Assembly has "some HUGE news" that has nothing to do with revisiting Rome. It seems to me that Shogun TW2 is on its way, but perhapse we will be suprised with something else! (i wouldn't mind some fresh material either)
Belabor474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Belabor474
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

I hope they do continue the Total War franchise. But I'm skeptical about a shogun 2. I just don't think there isenough material withJapan alone. It would seem like a step backrather then going forward. The scale and scope of Medieval total war 2's historyis huge. There are so many different factons and nations. Shogun 2 would maybe Japan (again), maybeChina, and Korea, but not much in comparison to MTW2. I think they should do aCall of Duty-esque modern/futuristic Total War. Maybe think Starcraft 2 meets Call of Duty4.

Avatar image for blackaneasepimp
blackaneasepimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blackaneasepimp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I think they should visit the era of three kingdoms in early China. China's huge scale and variety in its culture (and of course, its history)would help making a greataddition to the total war series.
Belabor474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Belabor474
I agree China would add depth, but it's still only one nation/culture. MTW2 has many more then could be found in the orientaleras. I just think it would look like a step back in progress of thetotal war series. Even if the developers brought in smaller nations; thailand and burmait would take away from the"shogun"name. Shogun isJapanese only historically.The other nations would side track away fromthe shogun center piece.
Avatar image for blackaneasepimp
blackaneasepimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blackaneasepimp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I agree China would add depth, but it's still only one nation/culture. MTW2 has many more then could be found in the orientaleras. I just think it would look like a step back in progress of thetotal war series. Even if the developers brought in smaller nations; thailand and burmait would take away from the"shogun"name. Shogun isJapanese only historically.The other nations would side track away fromthe shogun center piece.Belabor474

well, Creative Assembly never said it was gonna be shogun 2, right? btw I'm searching on online and it sounds like its gonna be a Rome: Total War 2.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6594&Itemid=52

Belabor474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Belabor474
As good as Rome total war is I hope they don't make a sequel. Wouldn't a sequel be redundent? Been there done it kinda-thing. I hope something new. Maybe a fantasy, Lord of the Rings-esque total war would be interesting. Or perheps a Warhammer-esque total war. I just hope its new!
MARKGIL42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MARKGIL42
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

well according to CAit won't be Rome 2:"Finally, we are excited to announce that The Creative Assembly will be at Leipzig on August 23rd with some HUGE news - and it won't be about revisiting Rome..." link: http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/us/newsandpress/index.html&nav=/us/5/

my hope & guess would be fora fantasy TW.

/

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I'm done with the TW series. M2 is trash full of pretty graphics and game stopping bugs and annoyances.
Anthony9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Anthony9000
Member since 2006 • 2173 Posts
Galactic total war (huge armies of spaceships) or War in Iraq Total War (Modern battles)
-notdie-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -notdie-
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
I'm betting it's Napoleon: Total War. I don't think the series will ever move out of the historical eras.
Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
Has anyone played the Napoleonic Total War mod for Rome? Its awesome, online only, but I much prefer online so... http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/ It was uptaken by like the entire Rome multiplayer community this time last year when it first came out (since everyone was bored of rome/bi by then), unfortunately Medieval 2 came out and everyone switched to it, effectively killing the numbers of players, I hear nowadays people still play but organise before hand. But check it out if you havn't! So ye, because of NTW, which struggles with engine limitations which Creative Assembly obviously wouldn't have, I vote for a Napoleonic in the hope they recreate the modification, remove the bugs that couldn't be removed due to modding limits, give it awesome graphics and give it naval battles. That would make me buy a new gaming pc. PS. They announced Medieval 2 February 2006, it came out November 2006. I wasn't expecting an announcement until early 08, so this is surprising. Although, m2 was made by their austalian office, so the British office obviously has been working on this for ages uninterupted (last thing they did I guess was one of the rome x-packs) which maybe why its earlier than expected.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Would love to see another rome total war.