The more BF3 I play, the worse I get.

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I don't understand how I can play more and get worse. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm doing something wrong and it's helping me suck...

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I don't understand how I can play more and get worse. Anyone else have this issue?

BSC14

Just a phase. Sometimes you're just on a server where your whole time is made up of douchebags / lonewolfers and noobs. Or the other team is full of pro's / Clan Members. In the worst case, both.

Happens from time to time.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

it's easy to tell if it's you
http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=fa_mass&ln=en
do this at different times, and then if you are doing bad on this, then you will do worse in game.
e.g when i'm doing good i get 63s, if I am feeling bad I get 70s.

i did the test 5 times, and I'm 36 on the leaderboard.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]it's easy to tell if it's you http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=fa_mass&ln=en do this at different times, and then if you are doing bad on this, then you will do worse in game. e.g when i'm doing good i get 63s, if I am feeling bad I get 70s.

This has nothing to do with how you do in battlefield or any other game. If you keep playing and do worse as time goes by, it's probly cos u got some bad habit. Find out what r u doing wrong n try to amend it.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]it's easy to tell if it's you http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=fa_mass&ln=en do this at different times, and then if you are doing bad on this, then you will do worse in game. e.g when i'm doing good i get 63s, if I am feeling bad I get 70s.alan_carter
This has nothing to do with how you do in battlefield or any other game. If you keep playing and do worse as time goes by, it's probly cos u got some bad habit. Find out what r u doing wrong n try to amend it.

this measures reaction time,it has a lot to do with stuff like fps games.more so more precise and fast games,not so much bf3 but still its not pointless.

TC youre just having bad rounds.happens to everyone,dont worry about it

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts
What difference does it make? Grind and do poorly, get best gear and win, bf3 in nutshell
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
What difference does it make? Grind and do poorly, get best gear and win, bf3 in nutshellMcspanky37
Pretend Battlefield 3 is an MMO. People with thermal sights are the level 60s.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]it's easy to tell if it's you http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=fa_mass&ln=en do this at different times, and then if you are doing bad on this, then you will do worse in game. e.g when i'm doing good i get 63s, if I am feeling bad I get 70s.

All that did was annoy me, normal, to big, so I was like yeah next one is gonna be huge... then some tiny dots appeared.
Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

[QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]What difference does it make? Grind and do poorly, get best gear and win, bf3 in nutshellKHAndAnime

IRNV is a worthless optic...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I actually got better when I took a year break.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I am worse at BF3 than BC2, but I play Conquest as opposed to Rush... I miss the times I used to carry the team on Rush, the stealth arming of the bomb then having my team back me up. Man I need to start playing Rush again.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]What difference does it make? Grind and do poorly, get best gear and win, bf3 in nutshellRawtheory333

Haven't played in awhile but last time I used it I went 20-1 :lol: How could the game get any easier?
Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Pretend Battlefield 3 is an MMO. People with thermal sights are the level 60s.KHAndAnime

Haven't played in awhile but last time I used it I went 20-1 :lol: How could the game get any easier?

That thing was patched into oblivion many months ago.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]What difference does it make? Grind and do poorly, get best gear and win, bf3 in nutshellKHAndAnime

people with thermal sights are blind. THe only time they were useful was release week, now it's like looking at the sun

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

Rawtheory333

Good, but I still think the higher unlocks makes a huge difference in this game.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Haven't played in awhile but last time I used it I went 20-1 :lol: How could the game get any easier?KHAndAnime

Good, but I still think the higher unlocks makes a huge difference in this game.

I fail to see how this works at all. Nothing is raising 'stats' on your soldier

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

wis3boi

You don't have to be a genius to figure it out, unlocked gear is preferable to the gear you start out with.

Just like any most games out there...(common sense? :P)

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Good, but I still think the higher unlocks makes a huge difference in this game. KHAndAnime

You don't have to be a genius to figure it out, unlocked gear is preferable to the gear you start out with.

as someone with everything unlocked, I can say I use the default weapons more often than not. Just because something is unlocked doesnt make it better in all possible ways. This isn't an RPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Good, but I still think the higher unlocks makes a huge difference in this game. KHAndAnime

Not true. Some guns unlock magnified scopes later on and the Kobra sight is the best in the game, usually unlocked fairly fast. You also unlock a lot of guns later that are worse than earlier guns.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

You also unlock a lot of guns later that are worse than earlier guns.

seanmcloughlin

Which ones? POW-R and As Val are pretty much better than every early gun, and those shotguns, good lord they are crazy!

Man some of those early guns are trashy, along with the iron sights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

mitu123

Which ones? POW-R and As Val are pretty much better than every early gun, and those shotguns, good lord they are crazy!

For the assault you get the M416 very early and it's one of the best guns in the game. At the time it wasn't and at the time the AS VAL was pretty sweet, it sawed through people. But right now the AS VAL is pretty weak. You get the F2000 and KH2002 after the M16A3 and M416 and they're worse than both.

And I fvcking loathe shotguns completely. They're incredibly unbalanced and unreliable.

All iron sights effectively suck but it's moot because you unlock new sights extremely fast. Only iron sights that were unbearable were the FAMAS' ones.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

If I play any specific game too much I just start just going through the motions. I play best when I mix up the games I play. If you want to improve your raw fps skills try Quake Live, its free and what you learn can carry over to any fps.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

For the assault you get the M416 very early and it's one of the best guns in the game. At the time it wasn't and at the time the AS VAL was pretty sweet, it sawed through people. But right now the AS VAL is pretty weak. You get the F2000 and KH2002 after the M16A3 and M416 and they're worse than both.

And I fvcking loathe shotguns completely. They're incredibly unbalanced and unreliable.

All iron sights effectively suck but it's moot because you unlock new sights extremely fast. Only iron sights that were unbearable were the FAMAS' ones.

Makes sense.

For shotguns I use the DAO-12.

I like the red dot and reflex scopes. Can't stand ACOG.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#24 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
just go medic and ride the revive train from flag to flag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]Which ones? POW-R and As Val are pretty much better than every early gun, and those shotguns, good lord they are crazy!

mitu123

Makes sense.

For shotguns I use the DAO-12.

I like the red dot and reflex scopes. Can't stand ACOG.

Anything with a zoom is horrible on auto weapons anyway. Slower firing like the AN-94 it's ok I guess but I can't hit anything with an ACOG on auto guns. I always run the Kobra sight, best in the game

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

as someone with everything unlocked, I can say I use the default weapons more often than not. Just because something is unlocked doesnt make it better in all possible ways. This isn't an RPG

Same here.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I had a bit of a dry spell until recently, and I'm pretty amazing. I thought it was because of Christmas or special deal newbies, but now with this thread I'm considering the possibility I'm just amazing because I hadn't played in a while.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

BSC14
That's life's way of telling you to do something more compelling and productive with your time. Don't be a real-life noob.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] You don't have to be a genius to figure it out, unlocked gear is preferable to the gear you start out with.

Elann2008

Same here.

That's great, but most people that have unlocked guns use them because many of them are better than the default weaponry. And you're right, it's not an RPG, but there's still an artificial grind implemented by DICE to give the illusion of gameplay depth and replayability. Perhaps I'd put more time into it if all the weapons were unlocked from the get-go. So tell me anyways, if it's not an RPG - why do you have to grind to get the goodies?
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

I'm not sure about this. I got .57s and I always suck at BF3. :P
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] I'm not sure about this. I got .57s and I always suck at BF3. :PUCF_Knight
.57s

yes

in the rare case you mean 57s, then your mouse aim is with the best CS players. I've only done the test like 5 times before, but yeah.

also the test is a good indicator on how you are feeling, I don't know why some of you guys are saying it has nothing to do with BF3.

Well yes, it doesn't it you don't play with a mouse or just use explosives.

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]it's easy to tell if it's you
http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=fa_mass&ln=en
do this at different times, and then if you are doing bad on this, then you will do worse in game.
e.g when i'm doing good i get 63s, if I am feeling bad I get 70s.SaltyMeatballs

All that did was annoy me, normal, to big, so I was like yeah next one is gonna be huge... then some tiny dots appeared.

gotta have good precision

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Pretend Battlefield 3 is an MMO. People with thermal sights are the level 60s.KHAndAnime

it's more about SPM. Zubin's friend alain. Oh gosh, he has a picture where he is 102-0 in BF3. Yet he can't mouse aim very good at all, he just blew literally everyone on the enemy team up. His explosive spamming skills apparently rival noctis's. Which if true, which I am betting is true after I saw his 102-0 picture, is extremely impressive.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

KHAndAnime

Same here.

That's great, but most people that have unlocked guns use them because many of them are better than the default weaponry. And you're right, it's not an RPG, but there's still an artificial grind implemented by DICE to give the illusion of gameplay depth and replayability. Perhaps I'd put more time into it if all the weapons were unlocked from the get-go. So tell me anyways, if it's not an RPG - why do you have to grind to get the goodies?

Grind? Ummm...I'm not following.

And for example, when I unlocked the F2000, what makes me want to abandon my M16 forever in favor of this new toy? The F2000 absolutely blows at long range, where i do most of my fighting. Every single weapon has drawbacks to it, so I fail to see how one would want to sit in BF3 "grinding" for guns when all the equipment in the game is useful. Another example is the javelin missile launcher. I'd much rather use the default one any day of the week.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JigglyWiggly_

you can compare the guns here
http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-comparison#01-10-00-00
but basically, m16a3 is the best all rounder

the recoil feels very natural

it's one of the first guns to unlock

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
in the rare case you mean 57s, then your mouse aim is with the best CS players.JigglyWiggly_
Ohh okay never mind. I meant my reaction time on the first set was .57s. For the entire thing I get in the 80s..
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] Ohh okay never mind. I meant my reaction time on the first set was .57s. For the entire thing I get in the 80s..

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]in the rare case you mean 57s, then your mouse aim is with the best CS players.UCF_Knight
Ohh okay never mind. I meant my reaction time on the first set was .57s. For the entire thing I get in the 80s..

for the first set my avg is .33 and 2nd one is .24 i slow down quite a bit on the last set, but my mouse sens in windows is ultra high. But I am def a body shot aimer rather than a hs person, so it makes sense. (Lots of accel and 28cm/360)
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts
BF3 sucks...
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mitu123
BF3 sucks...Tixylixx
But it doesn't.
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BSC14

BF3 sucks...Tixylixx

It's not perfect but it's the best multiplayer fps out at the moment.

IMO anyway...

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

p90 + suppressor = bawz, unless they patched it. The last time I checked using m16a3 was frown upon b.c is so overused and fairly op not sure if the hate have migrated back to m416.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BSC14

I have been messing with the AN-94 today. Seems pretty good so far.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I have been messing with the AN-94 today. Seems pretty good so far.

BSC14

I think thats a good choice. I tried to like that gun, but it shoots too weird for me.

Supposely this gun and the burst m16 are regarded as ARs in the game that takes some skill to use.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
I feel that once I change up a gun, I start doing really well, so I'm going with that theory/
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]BF3 sucks...BSC14

It's not perfect but it's the best multiplayer fps out at the moment.

IMO anyway...

No SDK and a **** server browser they refuse to fix to make it so it filters work properly. Red Orchestra 2 is way better.
Hamed360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hamed360
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
www.Cheapgamekey.com
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I consider myself being an average/good BF3 player... Luckily I play with friends who are really good and we focus a lot on teamwork, so I'm slowly improving my skills...

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

BSC14
Well, it could be you are tired and need to take a break. Believe me, in SC2 if I continue and continue after losing I'll continue losing more games. Only if I take a break and do other stuff then I can concentrate again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1

p90 + suppressor = bawz, unless they patched it. The last time I checked using m16a3 was frown upon b.c is so overused and fairly op not sure if the hate have migrated back to m416.

Bikouchu35

M416 rivals the M16 now. I still think the M16 is better but the M416 got some nice buffs and I love using it.

M16 is stupidly easy to control and can mow guys down easily. It gets boring to use it after a while. AN-94 and the AUG are really nice and fun to use too

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I have moments where I just dont quite feel with it, but that is rare. usually I do awesome, though sometimes my teeamtes suck so hard there is no solution :P.