The memory of Eldurium CryEngine 3 RPG kickstarter game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by NoodleFighter (6982 posts) -
#2 Edited by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

I expect more from that engine, looks crappy imo, animations and all.

#3 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23455 posts) -

i don't like being harsh at these sort of things, but...

looks like like the arma devs made that

-5 art style, -5 animations

#4 Posted by way2funny (4569 posts) -

i don't like being harsh at these sort of things, but...

looks like like the arma devs made that

-5 art style, -5 animations

What do you expect from programmers? At this point graphics is all artists / animators. As a programmer, you generally use 'placeholder' art and animation until you find a good artist and animator.

#5 Edited by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -

I think it all needs more work. But seriously, the imagination put into that game is abysmal and it looks boring as hell, there's literally nothing worthwhile there.

#6 Edited by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Looks great........for a PS2 game :|

#7 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13976 posts) -

These games need better immersion with graphics.

#8 Edited by lawlessx (46526 posts) -

that looked pretty terrible..which is a shame because the pitch video was pretty well done.

#9 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Dat Graphics

#10 Posted by PredatorRules (7347 posts) -

Not bad, BUT.... there're few games on that same genre that would take it apart such as Witcher 3 is upcoming, Risen is already realeased and it seems a better looking than this game.

I say it can come to the same level as Two Worlds but that's about it.

#11 Posted by krazyorange (2618 posts) -

This looks dreadful. If this is supposed to convince people to buy into a work-in-progress, then they've failed that miserably. The only reason to licence a Crytek engine is to showcase graphics, and these graphics look like a 12-year-old messing around in 3ds Max for an hour.

#12 Edited by edinsftw (4225 posts) -

I see that they need to hire artists...but even then the rest of it just doesn't look good

#13 Posted by napo_sp (218 posts) -

it is probably cry engine 1, idiots... the graphics look fine for a 2004 graphics engine.

#14 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

@napo_sp said:

it is probably cry engine 1, idiots... the graphics look fine for a 2004 graphics engine.

I'm smart because I call other people idiots. Welcome to Toolspot.

#15 Edited by PredatorRules (7347 posts) -

Yes It seems it's CryEngine the original and no the 3rd as you may thought so, even the logo of it at the beggining says so.

#16 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Looks like Skyrim and Risen 2 made a deformed monster together. So they have 'artists' just not great ones. Hmmm. Yeah I hate to bash but why make all that and not setup with proper artist and artwork in the conceptualization stage. Seems like a waste of time to do all that then.. "hey! now we need an artist and animator.." I can respect their ambition and dream to create this game but even what little they showed has no "identity." Sure they talk about this and that.. but it's nothing new or innovating stuff. Put the video on mute and tell me you would be interested in this. I wouldn't be. Put the volume back on.. then it just sounds like a bunch of salesman with crappy rhetoric that have nothing to show for.