The hd 7870 xt is the way to go, shame on you nvidia.

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

"This card beats a gtx 660 ti and trades blows with a gtx 670, for a lot less money. It even beats a gtx 580."

cool story bro, i dont care im happy with my GTX 570, how about you stop being a fanboy and just shut up and be happy with that you can buy.

evildead6789

I'm not a fanboy, and you're just pissed because you'r 400$ card now underperforms a 200$ card. And it's not about what i can buy, i like to have the best performance/dollar.

na i paid $315 when i got it last year. and im not pissed im actually happy with what i got, seems like your not happy at all the way you are acting, its like the same thing about people who are homophobic. if they bash homos a lot chances are they are gay too, int his case if you keep acting the way you are acting now seems like you feel like you wasted money for nothing.

#-48 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="msfan1289"] Seems like jealuous nvidia fanboys, who like to whine.evildead6789
They aren't the ones who made a bunch of threads because they bought a graphics card.

I already explained that i made these threads because it's such a smart buy, not because i'm so proud of myself, but because i want my fellow gamer to know what a smart buy this really is. You don't like it I care for my fellow gamer? fine, thanks for keeping the thread alive then.

funny where did i whine show me, link me copy and paste where i whine?

oh btw i got my brother a HD 6870 for his rig because at the time it is the best bang for the buck so call me a fanboy lol

+5

#-45 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

+3

evildead6789

+4

Seems like jealuous nvidia fanboys, who like to whine.

Nvidia fanboy huh?

#-44 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -

"This card beats a gtx 660 ti and trades blows with a gtx 670, for a lot less money. It even beats a gtx 580."

cool story bro, i dont care im happy with my GTX 570, how about you stop being a fanboy and just shut up and be happy with that you can buy.

msfan1289
Here , you call me a fan boy, you say i have to shut up and be happy with what I can buy. So you'e not only calling me a fanboy, you also say i have to shut up and that i'm poorer than you. Seems like a bunch of whining to me.
#-43 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -

[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="msfan1289"]

+4

msfan1289

Seems like jealuous nvidia fanboys, who like to whine.

Nvidia fanboy huh?

Well maybe not a fanboy, Still a girly whiner though.

Your mom's house?

#-42 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

[QUOTE="evildead6789"] Seems like jealuous nvidia fanboys, who like to whine.evildead6789

Nvidia fanboy huh?

Well maybe not a fanboy, Still a girly whiner though.

Your mom's house?

where was i whiner? you didnt answer that question yet. sound to me you have buyers remorse lol

#-41 Posted by lostrib (33242 posts) -

an amd fanboy, hahaha, you kidding right?evildead6789

You are definitely being a fan boy. Since you created 3 unnecessary threads (2 of which were on the same board), and you refuse to look at any evidence that refutes your claims. And you call anyone who disagrees with you a Nvidia Fanboy, and then insult them when they prove you wrong.  Definitely fanboy

#-40 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7288 posts) -

Jaja, if I still had my ati rage, 8500, x1950xt, or 9800 pro (the cs:source office videocard hah!) boxes around than I'll be happy to show you. Its one thing say the card is good, but is another thing when you start dissing other people with their product decisions.

This board used to have annoying bias NV fangirls now it seems to be run by Amd fangirls. If you notice some of the regs here at least try to be fair vouching for both brands, but eh nm I sense this a troll thread anyway.

#-39 Posted by Gambler_3 (7548 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

+2

msfan1289

+3

+4

+5

#-38 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

+3

Gambler_3

+4

+5

you're a bunch of kiddies
#-37 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2569 posts) -

I used to use amd cards but the last ati amd card i had flickered on the desktop so no matter what the price ive gone with nvidia ever since. even if i dont like the card exactly. i just couldnt go back to the driver problems and nvidia just seems more friendly and official to me. amd ati gpus seem generic just like their drivers. (((IMO)))

#-36 Posted by kraken2109 (12968 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

+4

evildead6789

+5

Oh the irony. There 212+ is a good cooler. We recommend it in many threads where a good value cooler is required. We don't make 3 threads saying how wonderful it is, because it's irrelevant to many people. If someone is looking for a video card with a budget of 200 euros or whatever you spent, by all means recommend the 7870XT. But there is no point making 3 threads about it and then just arguing with everyone. And frankly a lot of your posts are rude. You are the kiddy here.
#-35 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]+5kraken2109

Oh the irony. There 212+ is a good cooler. We recommend it in many threads where a good value cooler is required. We don't make 3 threads saying how wonderful it is, because it's irrelevant to many people. If someone is looking for a video card with a budget of 200 euros or whatever you spent, by all means recommend the 7870XT. But there is no point making 3 threads about it and then just arguing with everyone. And frankly a lot of your posts are rude. You are the kiddy here.

I'm rude, yeah right I made the first thread just to say i bought a good graphics card, The other two were just to inform people and maybe start a war between nvidia and amd fanboys That's why i posted them on system wars and on hardware. I clearly pissed off a lot of nvidia users lol, since they're only ones that are whining lol And i'm the kiddy? hahaha please
#-34 Posted by kraken2109 (12968 posts) -
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="evildead6789"] you're a bunch of kiddies

I'm rude, yeah right I made the first thread just to say i bought a good graphics card, The other two were just to inform people and maybe start a war between nvidia and amd fanboys That's why i posted them on system wars and on hardware. I clearly pissed off a lot of nvidia users lol, since they're only ones that are whining lol And i'm the kiddy? hahaha please

Nobody is whining or being a fanboy here other than you.
#-33 Posted by lostrib (33242 posts) -

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="evildead6789"] you're a bunch of kiddiesevildead6789

Poor AMD fanboy, needing to justify his purchase.

#-32 Posted by ferret-gamer (17310 posts) -
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="evildead6789"] you're a bunch of kiddies

"People disagree with me so they must be fanboys" :roll:
#-31 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

well if posting pictures makes you a non fanboy I guess I will post up pictures of my nvidia cards as well :D

#-30 Posted by MonsieurX (29215 posts) -
Why isn't this locked yet
#-29 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

Well here it is from left to right, geforce 640, geforce 240, radeon 7970, radeon 4770.  I have also owned a geforce 460 (sold) and a radeon 6950 (sold). I may have a soft spot or ATI, but regardless of that my hard earned $$ will always go to the lowest bidder.  Most of the nvidia fanboys here are willing to bend over and take the nvidia shtick again and again, maybe they enjoy it? I don't know why people are willing to pay MORE for inferior products...its like going against natural selection and darwinism. I never understood apple fanboys either for the same reason and by that measure I have NEVER owned any apple product for myself.  If I also experienced these "crippled" drivers of AMD, I would definitely not be using them.  But obviously thats not the case.  The world isn't so black and white.

IMG_20130301_00016.jpg

#-28 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

I can show people my old ATI cards.>.>

#-27 Posted by lostrib (33242 posts) -

Well here it is from left to right, geforce 640, geforce 240, radeon 7970, radeon 4770.  I have also owned a geforce 460 (sold) and a radeon 6950 (sold). I may have a soft spot or ATI, but regardless of that my hard earned $$ will always go to the lowest bidder.  Most of the nvidia fanboys here are willing to bend over and take the nvidia shtick again and again, maybe they enjoy it? I don't know why people are willing to pay MORE for inferior products...its like going against natural selection and darwinism. I never understood apple fanboys either for the same reason and by that measure I have NEVER owned any apple product for myself.  If I also experienced these "crippled" drivers of AMD, I would definitely not be using them.  But obviously thats not the case.  The world isn't so black and white.

IMG_20130301_00016.jpg

blaznwiipspman1

When I bought my GTX670, it was the best option for the money

#-26 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

IMG_20130301_00016.jpg

lostrib

As long as you stick by that philosophy then you will be alright.  Go with the best price for performance, period.  Right now the 7970 is the best price for the best performance.  The 7950 is the best bang for buck.

#-25 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

IMG_20130301_00016.jpg

blaznwiipspman1

As long as you stick by that philosophy then you will be alright.  Go with the best price for performance, period.  Right now the 7970 is the best price for the best performance.  The 7950 is the best bang for buck.

and if i was in the market for picking up a new GPU ill get that but right now im happy with my GTX 570, to bad im not looking to buy a GPU, when buying new PC hardware i kinda enjoy it. i might get a 2nd GTX 570 and SLI it later on,

#-24 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

IMG_20130301_00016.jpg

blaznwiipspman1

The 7870 xt is the best bang for the buck for me, off course the hd 7950 is in another price range. But it's defenitely a fact that nvidia cards are way overpriced.
#-23 Posted by ferret-gamer (17310 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

evildead6789

The 7870 xt is the best bang for the buck for me, off course the hd 7950 is in another price range. But it's defenitely a fact that nvidia cards are way overpriced.

I got my 670 for $280, and they go on sale for $300 or less every once in a while.
#-22 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

ferret-gamer

I got my 670 for $280, and they go on sale for $300 or less every once in a while.

Weird because when i look at the price of a gtx 670, i see between 350 and 400$, sometimes even more. Off course these are not reference cards.
#-21 Posted by lostrib (33242 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

evildead6789

When the gtx 670 came out it was definitely the best option compared to the 7950 and 7970

#-20 Posted by MonsieurX (29215 posts) -
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="evildead6789"] The 7870 xt is the best bang for the buck for me, off course the hd 7950 is in another price range. But it's defenitely a fact that nvidia cards are way overpriced.

Weird because when i look at the price of a gtx 670, i see between 350 and 400$, sometimes even more. Off course these are not reference cards.

He's talking about sale
#-19 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -
What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.
#-18 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.V4LENT1NE
And most of them own intel CPU's. Not man enough of an AMD fanboy to own an AMD CPU. :P hehe  We get it, AMD did well with the 7000 series.  Stop trying to convince us to buy a luxury car when I prefer a Jeep.

#-17 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.Elann2008

And most of them own intel CPU's. Not man enough of an AMD fanboy to own an AMD CPU. :P hehe  We get it, AMD did well with the 7000 series.  Stop trying to convince us to buy a luxury car when I prefer a Jeep.

actually the analogy is opposite, the AMD would be the jeep and the luxury car would be nvidia, so yeah mix up fail :D

#-16 Posted by C_Rule (9739 posts) -
What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.V4LENT1NE
The AMD fanboys (CPU or GPU) seem to be more prevalent and obnoxious than any of the Intel/nVidia fanboys we may have.
#-15 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.C_Rule
The AMD fanboys (CPU or GPU) seem to be more prevalent and obnoxious than any of the Intel/nVidia fanboys we may have.

I dont think its possible on this forum anymore to not have either Blazn making up facts or ionusX trying to make Nvidia or World of Warcraft look bad.

#-14 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.C_Rule

there is also intel/AMD(ATI) fans and last time i checked intel despises nvidia, hates their guts.  If ATI were still around, intel would probably prefer working with them over nvidia.  So its funny that you say intel/nvidia as if theyre one company.

#-13 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.blaznwiipspman1

there is also intel/AMD(ATI) fans and last time i checked intel despises nvidia, hates their guts. If ATI were still around, intel would probably prefer working with them over nvidia. So its funny that you say intel/nvidia as if theyre one company.

I recall a statement from Intel to that effect i.e. Intel prefers to work with AMD/ATI over NVIDIA. NVIDIA has gimped Intel CPUs with single thread PhysX.

Atleast AMD's OpenCL CPU drivers work better than Intel's OpenCL CPU driver on Intel hardware.

#-12 Posted by C_Rule (9739 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.blaznwiipspman1

there is also intel/AMD(ATI) fans and last time i checked intel despises nvidia, hates their guts.  If ATI were still around, intel would probably prefer working with them over nvidia.  So its funny that you say intel/nvidia as if theyre one company.

I used the forward slash in place of "and/or", I was not referring to Intel and nVidia as one unit.
#-11 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

Intel and NVIDIA is not even related i.e. they are not even linked via common X86 IP like AMD and Intel. AMD GCN has X86 based IOMMU and it's CPU like features was from AMD's X86 CPU IP.

Btw, AMD sells Intel X86 CPUs and Intel based motherboards.

#-10 Posted by C_Rule (9739 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]What is it with AMD fanboys on this board honestly, we have a ton of them now.ronvalencia

Intel and NVIDIA is not even related i.e. they are not even linked via common X86 IP like AMD and Intel. AMD GCN has X86 based IOMMU and it's CPU like features was from AMD's X86 CPU IP.

Btw, AMD sells Intel X86 CPUs and Intel based motherboards.

See my above post...
#-9 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2569 posts) -

No no no...

Shame on you AMD for not making Physx.

Shame on you AMD for making slow CPUs

Shame on you AMD for making buggy drivers

Nvidia is the way to go!

#-8 Posted by tionmedon (468 posts) -

intel and nvidia here.............i7 3960x/690gtx............

#-7 Posted by godzillavskong (7891 posts) -

5/10 amd cards work without problems.... 9/10 nvida cards work without problems

i know i just bought 20 cards and tested em

pooxtreme3
Lmfao
#-6 Posted by godzillavskong (7891 posts) -
[QUOTE="pooxtreme3"]

5/10 amd cards work without problems.... 9/10 nvida cards work without problems

i know i just bought 20 cards and tested em

ferret-gamer
BS

He bought them at a thrift store. :)
#-5 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -

No no no...

Nvidia is the way to go!

_SKatEDiRt_
nvidia doesn't make cpu's, and it isn't about cpu's, smarty pants And you can make physx work with amd cards. Weird my drivers are not buggy, and this is my third amd card in three years.
#-4 Posted by ferret-gamer (17310 posts) -
[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

No no no...

Nvidia is the way to go!

evildead6789
nvidia doesn't make cpu's, and it isn't about cpu's, smarty pants And you can make physx work with amd cards. Weird my drivers are not buggy, and this is my third amd card in three years.

No, you can't. You can make physx run on the CPU, but it will not run on AMD cards.
#-3 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2569 posts) -

[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

No no no...

Nvidia is the way to go!

ferret-gamer

No, you can't. You can make physx run on the CPU, but it will not run on AMD cards.

Never said Nvidia made CPUs lol

No you cant make Physx work on AMD cards

Im glad you have good drivers.

:)

#-2 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -
[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

No no no...

Nvidia is the way to go!

ferret-gamer

yes you can all you got to do is add a crappy old nvidia gpu, for physx and your main card can be amd.
#-1 Posted by lostrib (33242 posts) -

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="evildead6789"] nvidia doesn't make cpu's, and it isn't about cpu's, smarty pants And you can make physx work with amd cards. Weird my drivers are not buggy, and this is my third amd card in three years.evildead6789

yes you can all you got to do is add a crappy old nvidia gpu, for physx and your main card can be amd.

Yes but a single AMD card cannot run Physx.  In order to run it you have to use modded drivers and a nvidia GPU. Or run it on the CPU