The Forgotten Games Recommendation List

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by pcgamer_07 (1164 posts) -
Sudden Strike, it didn't get a great gs rating but i thought it was ok
#252 Posted by Indestructible2 (5935 posts) -

Three words: Empire Earth II.

#253 Posted by voodoothe2nd (352 posts) -
[QUOTE="voodoothe2nd"]Don't know if anyone already said this but Starcraft was the beginning of all (or most) modern video games, it served as a base for warcraft lll. I wonder why Starcraft and Warcraft are still so expensive... Starcraft is 10 years old and less than 200 MB in size, you can almost email it ( It would take a while to get to destination and most browsers have limits but... anyway)kingrich06
not really expensive i've seen the BattleChest of Starcraft for about 15$ new in some stores.

Really? Sould have waited to buy it... Too late now, I find it cool: Warcraft lll was my first strategy game and years later I'm playing AND enjoying Starcraft! I got warcraft for 30$ I think and Starcraft for 20$ about although when I got Warcraft (the battlechest edition) it was fairly new.
#254 Posted by syncer (1 posts) -

Does anyone know what ever happened to the game Tanaka 3d??

It appears there has been only a demo released in 1999, and the project went dead from there on.

Here's a link and the demo:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tanaka/downloads/ (the demo crashes for me as soon as i try to type my name in the game :/ used to work fine on my old pc tho)

Some screens:

http://www.demoland.co.kr/game_list/big_img.html?image_num=977371213-tanaka.jpg

http://www.gamedb.com/ssps/0/1/00096

#255 Posted by Kiwi_1 (2963 posts) -

MythPro, I really like this thread, and regularly refer to it, but just ran across an error. When you added "Spellforce", you set it up with a link to Star Rangers 2 instead.

Here's Spellforce 1 here on GameSpot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spellforce/index.html?tag=result;title;3

Thanks for all the good work !

#256 Posted by xmen1414 (1948 posts) -
Dude you crazy...lol! why would you take teh time to make a lsit? i dont even nknow what the list is for? if it is just a list of good games put Star wars galactic battlegrounds on there 1 & 2!
#257 Posted by xljohn (431 posts) -
bump.
#258 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Great list.
#259 Posted by Kiwi_1 (2963 posts) -

Wow, sticky this thread?Skullheart

On *THIS* web site, it seems like pinning threads at the top is just a way to guarantee that the subject matter is ignored !

#260 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

[QUOTE="Skullheart"]Wow, sticky this thread?Kiwi_1

On *THIS* web site, it seems like pinning threads at the top is just a way to guarantee that the subject matter is ignored !

Well, I don't read stickies too often, and I know damn sure that mods don't read "sticky this" often either... so you're S.O.L. On the plus side, good readers will bump the thread after enjoying it and perhaps add their own suggestions to the thread at the same time. :D

#261 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -
X Series, Starlancer, Tachyon, Star Trek, Sudden Strike series, Temple of Elemental Evil, Dungeon Siege added.

Thank you for the contributions.
#262 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -

MythPro, I really like this thread, and regularly refer to it, but just ran across an error. When you added "Spellforce", you set it up with a link to Star Rangers 2 instead.

Here's Spellforce 1 here on GameSpot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spellforce/index.html?tag=result;title;3

Thanks for all the good work !

Kiwi_1

Fixed the link. Thank you.

#263 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
Good to see the Close Combat series listed.. as it seems to be very under rated. I still play CC5.. awesome game.. lots of mods STILL being made for all the games in the CC series too.
#264 Posted by AuthenticKaizen (284 posts) -
good work.
#265 Posted by JessMyz (42 posts) -
Agreed... Chaos Gate needs to be on there.
#266 Posted by bigUBERpilot (329 posts) -
Hearts of iron series.By far the very best strategy game I've ever played.
#267 Posted by JP_Russell (12893 posts) -
Space/Flight Sim is missing Terminal Velocity, Fury3 (that's Fury3, not Fury 3), and Hellbender.
#268 Posted by grim1813 (431 posts) -
The Age of Mythology games were great; they were the games that really got me interested in RTS's.
#269 Posted by Foals (106 posts) -
I still play Rise of Nations. Why don't they ever release a new expansion pack for it? :(
#270 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -

Space/Flight Sim is missing Terminal Velocity, Fury3 (that's Fury3, not Fury 3), and Hellbender.JP_Russell

All three added, thank you for your contributions.

#271 Posted by df853 (1433 posts) -

If that's the case, then yes I am mad. Also, please spell out the "OF," not very good with acronyms.
MythPro1

You don't know what OF is? OMG. It stands for... hmmmm... probably "Old" something. Maybe Old Fighter... or Old Ffff.... hmmm. Well, anyways the point is that it's obvious.

#272 Posted by 1q3er5 (759 posts) -
This should be stickyed somewhere! Your racing lineup is weak. I cant remeber it but there was one classic racing game that rose above the rest grad prix legend? can't remember. I think there should be like a year limit like say you can't post games that are less than say like 2 years or 3 years old or something like that, agreed?
#273 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -

[QUOTE="MythPro1"]If that's the case, then yes I am mad. Also, please spell out the "OF," not very good with acronyms.
df853

You don't know what OF is? OMG. It stands for... hmmmm... probably "Old" something. Maybe Old Fighter... or Old Ffff.... hmmm. Well, anyways the point is that it's obvious.

:)

This should be stickyed somewhere! Your racing lineup is weak. I cant remeber it but there was one ****c racing game that rose above the rest grad prix legend? can't remember. I think there should be like a year limit like say you can't post games that are less than say like 2 years or 3 years old or something like that, agreed?1q3er5

I go by what people recommend. I'm not a big racing fan.

#274 Posted by TrooperManaic (3777 posts) -

Faria
seek and destroy
Rock and roll racing
Twisted metal
Final Fantasy VII
conker

I always hear these great games wanting to be remade or be sequeled.

#275 Posted by napp123 (865 posts) -

Deus Ex FTW!

BF 1942

BF2

#276 Posted by xljohn (431 posts) -
tag
#277 Posted by lostronin20 (18 posts) -
Ohhhh rememeber drakan: order of the flame? That game was pretty neat, fly around on dragons and stab stuff with your sword. Good times
#278 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Ohhhh rememeber drakan: order of the flame? That game was pretty neat, fly around on dragons and stab stuff with your sword. Good timeslostronin20
Yes, it was pretty nice game.
#279 Posted by kenshee_x (19 posts) -

Great thread good to see different games being mentioned. What about adding the very first computer game Spacewars. Its available for free below and for the very first computer game its not too shabby spent hours playing it.

http://spacewar.oversigma.com/

#280 Posted by pcgamer_07 (1164 posts) -
Warzone 2100
#281 Posted by G4m3rF0rL1f3 (15 posts) -

Thanks

That was a great list but there were no recommedations for the Massively Multiplayer online games. i am begining to discover and explore this genre and am leaning toward the Star Wars universe or Lord of the Rings but seeing as Star Wars galaxies was not well recieved... so any opinions on a good mmo game to start. thanks for your time

10-09-2008 20:28:30 eastern

G-4-L

#282 Posted by whyteknight222 (105 posts) -
Like to suggest The Thing. Truly scarey @ the time and the team's trust/fear factor totally original. Great survival horror especially if fan of movie - the last great pre-CGI special effects.
#284 Posted by clembo1990 (9976 posts) -
I am very happy with this thread. Don't forget Zeus!
#285 Posted by arijit_2404 (1558 posts) -
I think you should include the following games too - Business Strategy : Railroad Tycoon series, Capitalism, Port Royale, Patrician. Strategy: Tropico 1 and 2, Railroad pioneer, Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader.
#286 Posted by mirgamer (1869 posts) -
Superb Thread! Was remindd of so many legendary and classic games that really put ALOT of newer and modern games to SHAME.
#287 Posted by -GeordiLaForge- (7148 posts) -
What about adding "Rise of the Triad" and "Dark Forces" under the shooter section? Those were both excellent games back in the day, and shouldn't be forgotten.