The Elder Scrolls Online is shit...

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

What were they thinking? It doesn't feel like The Elder Scrolls, it looks like something from 2003, the quests are boring, the animations are poor, the combat is crap, it is so linear, there is no open world sandbox like TES games have...

Just shit as ****.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@gajbutler said:

What were they thinking? It doesn't feel like The Elder Scrolls, it looks like something from 2003, the quests are boring, the animations are poor, the combat is crap, it is so linear, there is no open world sandbox like TES games have...

Just shit as ****.

- Probably played 20 minutes of the Beta

- Decides to rage on a random forum with no apparent reasoning

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I don't plan on playing until the inevitable f2p conversion in six months, but I've been following this as closely as possible from announcement date. All the livestreams, forum arguments, video comparisons, screenshots, anecdotes, and so on. I'd conservatively estimate 150 hours of "being involved." And it is from that base of knowledge I say,

ESO is bullshit. It looks like shit, plays like shit, sounds like shit. It's a money-grabbing hackjob of Tamriel and charging a monthly fee is highway robbery. They claim it's been in development for so long, but unless they've already created the next 400 expansion packs, it looks like a heap of wasted effort. There are many f2p MMOs which are better than this. The worst part? It's going to score GOTYs across the board. Only time will tell the truth. Same thing that happened to TORtanic will happen here.

AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

I can also confirm it as well.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FelipeInside

@krazyorange said:

I don't plan on playing until the inevitable f2p conversion in six months, but I've been following this as closely as possible from announcement date. All the livestreams, forum arguments, video comparisons, screenshots, anecdotes, and so on. I'd conservatively estimate 150 hours of "being involved." And it is from that base of knowledge I say,

ESO is bullshit. It looks like shit, plays like shit, sounds like shit. It's a money-grabbing hackjob of Tamriel and charging a monthly fee is highway robbery. They claim it's been in development for so long, but unless they've already created the next 400 expansion packs, it looks like a heap of wasted effort. There are many f2p MMOs which are better than this. The worst part? It's going to score GOTYs across the board. Only time will tell the truth. Same thing that happened to TORtanic will happen here.

Have you played it? and btw SWTOR is doing better than most MMOs, just sayin...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gajbutler said:

Just shit as ****.

I kinda made that up from the videos as well

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 krazyorange

@FelipeInside: Good argument and evidence. I consider myself defeated. Well done.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

Well I spent £55 on the fucking game, got a few hours out of it and have no desire to continue, one of the worst "MMOs" I've ever played. People say you cannot judge an MMO in that time, but I've played them all and I know how this one is going, then I have to look at what makes it Elder Scrolls... nothing, it is as much Elder Scrolls as SWTOR is KOTOR.... **** all.

If you're going to make an MMO as well, at least make it feel like you're in a populated world, you feel so isolated.

What is up with that prison tutorial? Had voice acting without the mouth animating, lots of running down a corridor for no reason, lots of running to an objective and press E... for some reason that is meant to be fun? Then talking to NPCs as an excuse to make you press E on something else. The worst intro to any MMO ever, my friend uninstalled before he even made it out lol, I almost did too.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

@krazyorange said:

@FelipeInside: Good argument and evidence. I consider myself defeated. Well done.

This isn't about defeating anyone, we are having what's called a conversation. I just asked if your opinion is based on actually playing the game or just watching videos.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
@gajbutler said:

Well I spent £55 on the fucking game, got a few hours out of it and have no desire to continue, one of the worst "MMOs" I've ever played. People say you cannot judge an MMO in that time, but I've played them all and I know how this one is going, then I have to look at what makes it Elder Scrolls... nothing, it is as much Elder Scrolls as SWTOR is KOTOR.... **** all.

If you're going to make an MMO as well, at least make it feel like you're in a populated world, you feel so isolated.

What is up with that prison tutorial? Had voice acting without the mouth animating, lots of running down a corridor for no reason, lots of running to an objective and press E... for some reason that is meant to be fun? Then talking to NPCs as an excuse to make you press E on something else. The worst intro to any MMO ever, my friend uninstalled before he even made it out lol, I almost did too.

I think you're confused as to what Elder Scrolls Online is, as well as what SWTOR is. If you play it for what it is, the game is fine.

@krazyorange said:

This isn't about defeating anyone, we are having what's called a conversation. I just asked if your opinion is based on actually playing the game or just watching videos.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

My son has been playing it non stop since yesterday. In that time hes spent far longer with it then wow, guild wars 2 etc. Id dare say he is also approaching the amount of time hes played SWTOR.

Id say from that hes happy with the game, and Im sure on that note, so will many others.

So much rage on the 'net these days.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

welcome to the cash grab that was ESO....

make a game that graphically resembles TES but has none of the heart or soul, put the TES name on it..... cash your massive check.

the game is a joke. if it would have had any other name on it... it would have been just any other MMO. because it has the TES name attached, it needed to be a lot more.

LordShockTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordShockTitan
Member since 2013 • 218 Posts

I would have to agree with you... played in a couple of the beta weekends, and it is just utter crap. Unless they change basically everything in the game, I am going to wait until its f2p, and by then I will bet you it is still DOTY

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I played 3 betas and it was incredibly disappointing. it is not an Elder Scrolls game. It may take place in the same world but it's lost all the magic of the previous games. Might pick it up come Free to Play.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krazyorange

@FelipeInside: I agree. That said, it was pretty clear what my experience with the game has been.

And from the 50% of Steam friends list which purchased it (~70) I've heard not one positive remark. All negative. Everyone thinks it's shit.

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

Well, it seems like we're all on the same boat here. But here's what I think about the game. Sure they made quite a hype and most of us ended in disappointment but that's BETA for ya. Sure the game looks and plays horrible (like Eclipse War) but let's give it some time. Maybe, just maybe, the game will be upgraded somehow. But if they released that as it is, then I'm off to another game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@krazyorange said:

@FelipeInside: I agree. That said, it was pretty clear what my experience with the game has been.

And from the 50% of Steam friends list which purchased it (~70) I've heard not one positive remark. All negative. Everyone thinks it's shit.

The feedack INSIDE the game has been quite postive though, so I don't really know.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Well anyone saying it looks like crap and sounds like crap is an idiot or has not played it other than one of the older weekend betas. Sorry, you're just wrong. The other stuff is opinion but the game has some of the best lighting I have seen in any kind of game and the sound is fantastic.

Don't like the gameplay, quest or animations...fine. Feel free to hate on it but personally I think it's great and it feels a hell of a lot like Skyrim imo.

People ingame, like myself, are loving it. So yea...I don't know.

Oh and when you say things like "Just shit as ****"...well that makes you just look like a troll because it's just incredibly stupid. Kind of funny but still...

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cyloninside

@amalager said:

Well, it seems like we're all on the same boat here. But here's what I think about the game. Sure they made quite a hype and most of us ended in disappointment but that's BETA for ya. Sure the game looks and plays horrible (like Eclipse War) but let's give it some time. Maybe, just maybe, the game will be upgraded somehow. But if they released that as it is, then I'm off to another game.

uh.... FYI.... the game is out right now... anyone that preordered can play. so yeah, it did release like that....

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FelipeInside

@BSC14 said:

Well anyone saying it looks like crap and sounds like crap is an idiot or has not played it other than one of the older weekend betas. Sorry, you're just wrong. The other stuff is opinion but the game has some of the best lighting I have seen in any kind of game and the sound is fantastic.

Don't like the gameplay, quest or animations...fine. Feel free to hate on it but personally I think it's great and it feels a hell of a lot like Skyrim imo.

Oh and when you say things like "Just shit as ****"...well that makes you just look like a troll because it's just incredibly stupid. Kind of funny but still...

I agree with the graphics and sound.

The game looks really good. I personally still think something like Tera or GW2 looks better, but by no means does ESO look bad. Some areas look very well desgined. I think they pumped the graphics up from the beta cause it looks better for me.

As for the sound, the music is the best I've ever heard in an MMO. Some of the music is so amazing that I'm seriously thinking of getting the soundtrack, and I never get game soundtracks.

The rest is fine as well, if you consider that this is an MMO Elder Scrolls, and not a SP Elder Scrolls.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

The game looks really good. I personally still think something like Tera or GW2 looks better, but by no means does ESO look bad. Some areas look very well desgined. I think they pumped the graphics up from the beta cause it looks better for me.

As for the sound, the music is the best I've ever heard in an MMO. Some of the music is so amazing that I'm seriously thinking of getting the soundtrack, and I never get game soundtracks.

The rest is fine as well, if you consider that this is an MMO Elder Scrolls, and not a SP Elder Scrolls.

how does one "consider this an MMO elder scrolls" when there has only EVER been SP elder scrolls games.

there is no frame of reference, ESO being the only game in the series of its kind. it is NOT similar, in any way gameplay wise, to the past games in the series.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@darksusperia said:

My son has been playing it non stop since yesterday. In that time hes spent far longer with it then wow, guild wars 2 etc. Id dare say he is also approaching the amount of time hes played SWTOR.

Id say from that hes happy with the game, and Im sure on that note, so will many others.

So basically he likes games in order of how little gameplay there is.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

@darksusperia said:

So basically he likes games in order of how little gameplay there is.

Not that its any of your business. He's autistic, he likes what he likes.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

it is NOT similar, in any way gameplay wise, to the past games in the series.

It actually is very similar. You put a video of Skyrim gameplay next to a video with ESO Gameplay, remove the hud and titles... and you can't tell the difference.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Ive been playing the early access, 95% of the quest bugs from beta have been ironed out. The random Horse dismount bug is there. There are random roll backs, where the server goes back in time 5-10 mins.

My biggest complaint so far has been when does this start to become MMO-ey?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

It actually is very similar. You put a video of Skyrim gameplay next to a video with ESO Gameplay, remove the hud and titles... and you can't tell the difference.

lol....wut.

skills, magick, exploration, character leveling.... none of it is similar to any of the other TES games.

felipe man... come on. you are literally there at every major MMO launch defending the game as if it is the next big thing. i get that you like MMOs.... but sheesh. ESO is just... not good.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

i guess in the sense that chivalry and diablo are similar because they both have swords.....maybe

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

lol....wut.

skills, magick, exploration, character leveling.... none of it is similar to any of the other TES games.

felipe man... come on. you are literally there at every major MMO launch defending the game as if it is the next big thing. i get that you like MMOs.... but sheesh. ESO is just... not good.

I'm not defending it, I'm saying that it's not an Elder Scrolls Single Player game... it's an MMO, so some things need to be different and more limited (ie, exploration, linearity etc). I haven't played enough of ESO to make an honest review of it yet, but if you take it for what it is... then it's a fun game. Same thing happened with SWTOR, if you take it like a co-op KOTOR game, then it's fine. I think people just expect things that can't be done sometimes.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FelipeInside
@wis3boi said:

i guess in the sense that chivalry and diablo are similar because they both have swords.....maybe

Dude honestly, if you're going to post dumb things just to have a say or keep your post count up, restrain yourself. You know what I meant, and if not then I can't help you.

Watch a video of Chivalry Gameplay against Diablo Gameplay without titles on each one.

Now go watch a video of Skyrim Gameplay and then ESO Gameplay with no titles.

I bet you won't, but if you did you would see my point.

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

lol....wut.

I'm not defending it, I'm saying that it's not an Elder Scrolls Single Player game... it's an MMO, so some things need to be different and more limited (ie, exploration, linearity etc). I haven't played enough of ESO to make an honest review of it yet, but if you take it for what it is... then it's a fun game. Same thing happened with SWTOR, if you take it like a co-op KOTOR game, then it's fine.

I think people just expect things that can't be done sometimes. You just can't do with an MMO what you can do with a SP game, and vice-versa (or they haven't figured out how to do it yet). Saying that, lots of people say the exploration in ESO opens up a lot more and feels better once you pass level 15.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

Dude honestly, if you're going to post dumb things just to have a say or keep your post count up, restrain yourself. You know what I meant, and if not then I can't help you.

Watch a video of Chivalry Gameplay against Diablo Gameplay without titles on each one.

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

lol....wut.

I'm not defending it, I'm saying that it's not an Elder Scrolls Single Player game... it's an MMO, so some things need to be different and more limited (ie, exploration, linearity etc). I haven't played enough of ESO to make an honest review of it yet, but if you take it for what it is... then it's a fun game. Same thing happened with SWTOR, if you take it like a co-op KOTOR game, then it's fine.

I think people just expect things that can't be done sometimes. You just can't do with an MMO what you can do with a SP game, and vice-versa (or they haven't figured out how to do it yet). Saying that, lots of people say the exploration in ESO opens up a lot more and feels better once you pass level 15.

people wanted a multiplayer TES game.... not an MMO with the TES name attached. that is the fundamental issue

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 krazyorange

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

I'm guessing you are ESL given your total lack of sarcasm detection. And the fact that you take joy in contradicting literally anything anyone says ever, for all time.

The fact remains that ESO is overhyped midware. Yes, actually, I have played it and was left totally unimpressed. If it didn't have the Elder Scrolls logo, a massive marketing budget, and the general, vague setting of Tamriel, it would be forgotten in a few months. It's about the quality of one of those f2p MMOs on Steam that pay out the ass to appear on the front page and yet have nothing but negative reviews. It's an insult to the series, a slap in the face of the fans, and a blatant cash grab. It's crap. Utter shit.

As for "taking it for what it is," that's the dumbest defence of a game I've ever heard after "durrrrrr" followed by a series of mumbles and a fart. It's not supposed to be the same as Skyrim, it's supposed to be light years beyond in quality. It's been in dev (supposedly) for seven years. SEVEN YEARS. It shouldn't be "like Skyrim, if you deactivate the HUD, turn off the markers, turn off your monitor, and gouge your eyes out with a fork." To justify a subscription, it should be a hundred times better than Skyrim. It should blow your face off with amazeballs quality, and make you never want to leave your grungy basement again. It should be the best MMO ever created. It should be the best GAME ever created. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim changed the gaming landscape permanently. ESO changes nothing. It's generic, boring, and embarrassing.

"Expect things that can't be done." Are you actually joking? I'm assuming at this point you're trolling, although you're not doing a very good job. ESO should not only meet and fulfil our expectations, it should make our heads explode into diamonds. But it doesn't. It's average. Completely, utterly average.

Which would be fine, if it weren't an Elder Scrolls game. That would be like making a $300 million movie, but only hiring "fine" actors, a "fine" director, and building "fine" sets. It's not good enough. It's not even close to being good enough. ESO should be the crown jewel of gaming, an entity everyone could hold up and say "this, this right here: this is art."

But they can't, because ESO isn't that. It's not even in the ballpark. Not even in this galaxy. It might as well not exist.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cyloninside

@krazyorange said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

It might as well not exist.

atleast that part wasnt a complete overreaction... the game really should not exist. its like they de-evolved the series, instead of enhancing it with the potential of multiplayer.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BSC14

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

lol....wut.

people wanted a multiplayer TES game.... not an MMO with the TES name attached. that is the fundamental issue

I really don't see how anyone could say it does not feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

It uses the lore (as best I can tell anyway),similar art direction, 1st person view, UI (for the most part) and combat system (for the most part)....to me it feels a lot like Skyrim.

It's like everyone was expecting an exact copy of Skyrim but with other players in the game. That's not what it is but it is a good game and it's well done in my opinion.

If people would stop expecting games to be exactly what they imagine in their heads and play it for what it is, they would probably find that they enjoy the game. But I know....mmo fans and especially elder scrolls fans are the drama queens of nerd rage.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I'm enjoying it. It's got a great crafting system, good exploration rewards, great skill system, fun PvP, decent action combat, and the quests are somewhat interesting if you take the time to read the dialogue.

It doesn't reinvent the wheel by any means but it's a solid MMO.

I think people looking for an MMO in the Elder Scrolls world will be happy, people looking for an Elder Scrolls game with no MMO experience might be surprised.

OP I'd cool down a bit you seem in raged, then try to play it again. There is a good game in there and it would be a shame to not get anything out of a $55 game.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cyloninside

@BSC14 said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

lol....wut.

I really don't see how anyone could say it does not feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

well that is pretty simple.... because it doesnt feel like an elder scrolls game.

it doesnt. look around. 99% of the complains about the game are exactly that. clearly it does not feel like a TES game. and it doesnt. at all. nothing about the game plays like a TES game. nothing. not even the combat. the only resemblance to the series is the graphical style.

that is not a minority opinion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BSC14

@cyloninside said:

@BSC14 said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

lol....wut.

well that is pretty simple.... because it doesnt feel like an elder scrolls game.

it doesnt. look around. 99% of the complains about the game are exactly that. clearly it does not feel like a TES game. and it doesnt. at all. nothing about the game plays like a TES game. nothing. not even the combat. the only resemblance to the series is the graphical style.

that is not a minority opinion.

I do not agree....

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2451 Posts

Well, yet another game that sucks. Yay! Next.....

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

I am currently playing in early access, and I am really enjoying the game. It feels like tes to me.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BSC14

@taylor12702003 said:

I am currently playing in early access, and I am really enjoying the game. It feels like tes to me.

I agree. It's just your typical nerd rage....

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#40  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

lol....wut.

I have to agree here, yes if you put screenshots or a video next to each other on the surface they both are exactly alike. Underneath is where it all comes apart. ESO lacks the soul that the single player series has. From what I have noticed the main people who like it were not even fans of Elder Scrolls. Felipe and BSC have both said as much on this forum if I recall correctly.

Saying that, it is still a solid MMO that can be enjoyed once you can get around the fact it is not a typical Elder Scrolls game. That is all that needs to be said, comparing it to the series is just apples and orange. Yea they are both fruit and grow on trees....but it ends there.

Oh...and I took the plunge and bought it anyway because I decided to give it a fair chance from the MMO standpoint.. I like how beta ended and am enjoying the game. I still am not sure it warrants a sub, but we'll see.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

I understand that, I really do.

The only way they probably could have done that was to create a sequel to Skyrim with co-op. But you know what would of happened there? Same as Dead Space 3. People would have complained that you lose the quality of the SP by making it co-op blah blah blah.

I think Bethesda came up with a good plan. Get Zenimax to make ESO as an MMO for people to enjoy Elder Scrolls with friends, because basically it's that just like a "lite" version, letting them concentrate on the SP games and the next Elder Scrolls.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FelipeInside
@krazyorange said:

It should be the best MMO ever created. It should be the best GAME ever created. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim changed the gaming landscape permanently. ESO changes nothing. It's generic, boring, and embarrassing.
I get you're a fan but Oblivion and Skyrim didn't change anything permanently, and ESO should be the best game ever created? Wut? I think you're just another one of those guys that wanted a new SP game cause you don't like MMOs. Don't worry, Bethesda is creating one.
@cyloninside said:
@FelipeInside said:

I understand that, I really do.

The only way they probably could have done that was to create a sequel to Skyrim with co-op. But you know what would of happened there? Same as Dead Space 3. People would have complained that you lose the quality of the SP by making it co-op blah blah blah.

I think Bethesda came up with a good plan. Get Zenimax to make ESO as an MMO for people to enjoy Elder Scrolls with friends, because basically it's that, just like a "lite" version, letting them concentrate on the SP games and the next Elder Scrolls.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@krazyorange said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

It might as well not exist.

atleast that part wasnt a complete overreaction... the game really should not exist. its like they de-evolved the series, instead of enhancing it with the potential of multiplayer.

I'd rather they never ever include co-op or multiplayer in the main ES games, because that would **** with modding, the main reason people buy and continue to play the game on PC. I'm happy they decided to let someone else do an mmo and keep it separate, and I'm sad that it meant taking all the detailed lore, the game world, the life it had, and threw it all in the toilet and flushed it twice in favor of a generic seen-it-all-before uninspired cash grab with the Elder Scrolls logo slapped on it. People who didnt play the main game series, didn't care for it, or are new to it would probably see the MMO as something good while fans of the series will laugh at it as a waste of time

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I uninstalled the first beta after 3 hours. I couldn't take it. I played Skyrim for a couple hours to wash my brain of TESO.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@wis3boi said:

I'd rather they never ever include co-op or multiplayer in the main ES games, because that would **** with modding, the main reason people buy and continue to play the game on PC.

Did you know that mods aren't exclusive to singleplayer games?

Well now you do ;)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@wis3boi said:

I'd rather they never ever include co-op or multiplayer in the main ES games, because that would **** with modding, the main reason people buy and continue to play the game on PC.

Well now you do ;)

Relevant?

http://www.pcgamer.com/au/2014/04/01/best-elder-scrolls-online-addons/

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@wis3boi said:

Well now you do ;)

Relevant?

http://www.pcgamer.com/au/2014/04/01/best-elder-scrolls-online-addons/

That definitely is relevant but not necessarily all I was thinking. On a cooperative scale (2-6 players as opposed to MMO), they could still have mods as elaborate as the ones found in Skyrim. There are tons of games with cooperative multiplayer as well as full-conversion mods. And on a scale that small, they could probably make the gameplay more similar to Skyrim as well.

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@amalager said:

uh.... FYI.... the game is out right now... anyone that preordered can play. so yeah, it did release like that....

The horror!

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I'm not too impressed with it either. I think the combat, looks, and quests were all better done in Skyrim/Oblivion. Rather play those over than play much of ESO.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I guess it's all about expectations and preference of playing style. I've enjoyed The Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall and loved MMORPGs since Asheron's Call. I LOVE THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE!

I can't convince Skyrim or TES fans that this is what they want to play and I won't try to convince traditional fans of MMORPGs that this is the ideal game for them. You can only let something like this speak for itself. The problem is the pedigree of this franchise and the success that was TESV.

I honestly don't think this game is going to go free to play anytime soon. Why do I think this?

1) The Imperial Edition out sold the standard edition during the pre-purchase of the game. And that was after the upset on the web over the Imperial class, and other benefits of the Explorer's Packs.

2) There are going to be a ton of people who will reach level 50, but there's just too much in ESO to say it ends there. Between crafting, the character development, 50+/++ content, achievements, PvP, and so much more I don't see your average MMORPG player finding nothing to do. And considering how most people are casual gamers, there is no way they'll be breezing through this !@(*&^.

3) As much as there are people who dislike ESO, there are tons who enjoy playing it. Even during the early access, some of the PvP campaigns are consistently full! That means Cyrodiil(per campaign) has 6000+(2000 per faction) acting a fool and having fun! So what's going to happen when the game has it's open release on Friday. ;)

The only thing that will seal or break the deal is Zenimax being able to create content consistently while getting it out to us ASAP. I've played a lot of MMORPGs at launch and ESO has SO much potential to be greater than it is now.