The Elder Scrolls Online is great....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Regardless of the nerd rage you see around this board the game turned out pretty darn good imo. It's not a Skyrim replica with a online feature added so if that's what you're looking for you will be disappointed.

It's a lot better than I was expecting after the first couple betas I played and the games come a long way in a short time.

Just my opinion....

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I love how "nerd rage" is code for "anyone who doesn't agree with me". Stay classy bud, stay classy.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

I love how "nerd rage" is code for "anyone who doesn't agree with me". Stay classy bud, stay classy.

All of my yes. Well said sir, well said.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BSC14

@SerOlmy said:

"Stay classy"? Sure...bud.

It's not that they don't agree with my opinion, it's that they make the most ridiculous statements and criticism based off of their nostalgia. It's the whole "but it doesn't feel exactly like skyrim" kind of stuff that is a bit unfair imo. It's an mmo, it's not a single player game.

And then you see completely stupid comments like you see here:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/the-elder-scrolls-online-is-shit-31183063/#39

Comments saying it looks like something from 2003 or it's "Just shit as ****" whatever the hell that means are just untrue.

I'll try and stay classy....thanks.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BSC14

@krazyorange said:

@SerOlmy said:

All of my yes. Well said sir, well said.

"Well said" because you have made it clear that you hate ESO.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58831 Posts

How is it compared to Guild Wars 2? (from someone who isn't a fanboy)

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BSC14

@uninspiredcup said:

How is it compared to Guild Wars 2? (from someone who isn't a fanboy)

Well I don't like GW2 at all and I know you do so maybe my opinion would not hold much worth. But it does not remind me of GW 2 at all...in any way.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BSC14

@SerOlmy said:

And by the way I have no problem at all with people not liking ESO. If it's not for you, then it's just not for you but to whine, cry and bash because it's not an exact replica of the single play games of the past is a bit unfair. Just because it's not exactly like the past TES games does not make it terrible or "Just shit as ****".

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BSC14

@krazyorange said:

@BSC14 said:

@SerOlmy said:

And by the way I have no problem at all with people not liking ESO. If it's not for you, then it's just not for you but to whine, cry and bash because it's not an exact replica of the single play games of the past is a bit unfair. Just because it's not exactly like the past TES games does not make it terrible or "Just shit as ****".

At this point you're the one who looks like a typical misinformed internet idiot worthy of v threads. If you'd actually read the points I presented in that thread, you would understand why people don't like it. Then again I'm stunned you can even read at all, so I suppose kudos for being able to post here.

You are a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I did read you're whining nerd rage of a post...example.

"ESO is bullshit. It looks like shit, plays like shit, sounds like shit. It's a money-grabbing hackjob of Tamriel and charging a monthly fee is highway robbery. They claim it's been in development for so long, but unless they've already created the next 400 expansion packs, it looks like a heap of wasted effort. There are many f2p MMOs which are better than this. The worst part? It's going to score GOTYs across the board. Only time will tell the truth. Same thing that happened to TORtanic will happen here."

The game has some pretty decent graphics and looks far from shit. The sound is fantastic as well as the music. The game plays great....you're just mad because you're a TES fan who didn't get exactly what he wanted.

What's bullshit is your opinion. Go on and continue to insult me, it will make you feel better I'm sure.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@SerOlmy said:

It's not that they don't agree with my opinion, it's that they make the most ridiculous statements and criticism based off of their nostalgia. It's the whole "but it doesn't feel exactly like skyrim" kind of stuff that is a bit unfair imo. It's an mmo, it's not a single player game.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/the-elder-scrolls-online-is-shit-31183063/#39

Comments saying it looks like something from 2003 or it's "Just shit as ****" whatever the hell that means are just untrue.

While I agree the game needs to be separated from Elder Scrolls mentally in order to enjoy it for the solid MMO it is.......I am also happy you can now see how you were viewed for your GW2 rants which we felt were unwarranted "nerdrage" as well.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BSC14

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

@SerOlmy said:

While I agree the game needs to be separated from Elder Scrolls mentally in order to enjoy it for the solid MMO it is.......I am also happy you can now see how you were viewed for your GW2 rants which we felt were unwarranted "nerdrage" as well.

lol, fair enough but it was different. My dislike for GW2 was not because I was a GW fan but....well we just won't go there. But yeah I get your point. :)

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krazyorange

@BSC14 said:

@krazyorange said:

@BSC14 said:

@SerOlmy said:

At this point you're the one who looks like a typical misinformed internet idiot worthy of v threads. If you'd actually read the points I presented in that thread, you would understand why people don't like it. Then again I'm stunned you can even read at all, so I suppose kudos for being able to post here.

You are a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I did read you're whining nerd rage of a post...example.

"ESO is bullshit. It looks like shit, plays like shit, sounds like shit. It's a money-grabbing hackjob of Tamriel and charging a monthly fee is highway robbery. They claim it's been in development for so long, but unless they've already created the next 400 expansion packs, it looks like a heap of wasted effort. There are many f2p MMOs which are better than this. The worst part? It's going to score GOTYs across the board. Only time will tell the truth. Same thing that happened to TORtanic will happen here."

The game has some pretty decent graphics and looks far from shit. The sound is fantastic as well as the music. The game plays great....you're just mad because you're a TES fan who didn't get exactly what he wanted.

What's bullshit is your opinion. Go on and continue to insult me, it will make you feel better I'm sure.

Your intelligence level continues to shock me. It's like a blast of fresh air in the face of raging internet doldrums. A breeze of serenity and calm, ordered thought structures with reason and rhetoric worthy of the Greeks. Thank you, kind internet sir, for allowing me these precious few moments of pure bliss.

And then if you take your head out of your crusty ass and scroll down in that thread, you would actually read (again, I'm just assuming you can) the real reasons I laid out. It might take you some time to scroll, depending on what part of the moon you're on, so I'll patiently wait here for your return. Godspeed my fellow internet traveler and may the wings of Hermes power your safe return!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BSC14

@krazyorange:

I already read your dumb ass replies. I'm not arguing with you anymore, you just throw around insults...it's not worth the time. Honestly you're just ranting in my opinion.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I love how every little debate on these forums has at least ONE insult about the other persons intelligence.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 krazyorange

@BSC14: Well then, nothing to see here. I'm quite certain you're not a ZeniMax paid consultant spreading lies and vitriol like a toxic miasma of ill-founded shitspit. Enjoy your game for the next two or three weeks before you run out of things to do and realise it's a terrible waste of time and money. Toodles good friend! A lovely chat we've had.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@BSC14

@SerOlmy said:

I'll explain the difference:

* Someone who doesn't agree with TC: example. "I played a few of the betas but I just didn't like it. For me the combat felt a bit off although the music was good and graphics looked pretty. I get more enjoyment playing a SP Elder Scrolls game than an MMO. The MMO does some things right, but it feels like a "lite" version of the full SP Game. I'm sure lots of people will like it, but it's not for me since I thought it was too linear and lacked the exploration I enjoy..... etc etc etc.

* Nerd Rage: example. "OMFG, this game is so shit. The graphics are shit. The combat is shit. EVERYTHING is shit. It's an embarrasment and destroys the lore completely because this guy wasn't supposed to be there at this time, and this event doesn't connect with the side event of this other event. How can they do this? It's a money grab. Never buying it. All those who play it are idiots.... (you can stop reading their comments right about here).... blah blah blah.

Hope that clears things up for everybody.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#19 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@FelipeInside:

I was satirizing the fact that "nerd rage" is flung around as an insult against anyone who disagrees with or has a strong opinion against something.

Thanks for missing the point entirely though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@FelipeInside:

I was satirizing the fact that "nerd rage" is flung around as an insult against anyone who disagrees with or has a strong opinion against something.

Thanks for missing the point entirely though.

Oh that's fine, I just thought I would explain the difference to everyone cause there IS a difference between not agreeing on the likes of another gamer, and nerd rage.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

This is a good April Fools thread.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Came here to learn some about ESO but just made me giggle seeing people whining at each other.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

yeah, the elder scrolls online is great...... at being a complete piece of shit.

the game is bad.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Great? No it is far from great. Is it a decent game, sure. Is it worth $60 plus a monthly fee. Absolutely freaking not. The combat is bland, the world is uninteresting and the quests, while better then most MMO's, is still incredibly repetitive and actually quite boring. It'll be Free to Play within the year.

qbik911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 qbik911
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

it went F2P today!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

Who said ESO couldn't have mods? (well.... addons)

http://www.pcgamer.com/au/2014/04/01/best-elder-scrolls-online-addons/

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

I can't help but notice that this post is created on April 1st.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@amalager said:

I can't help but notice that this post is created on April 1st.

No, it's just a response to the other topic with the same name except the last word.