The Division - who's gonna buy it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PredatorRules (7357 posts) -

http://youtu.be/O_j9uKBmUEk

So far the gameplay is looking awesome, my hopes are high, I hope this game won't end up being shallow repetitive gameplay, and I'm willing to pay full price on launch.

Your thoughts on the game?

#2 Edited by FelipeInside (25296 posts) -

Probably me, but I'm gonna wait on reviews first.

#3 Edited by Plo_Koon_basic (799 posts) -

I've been playing DayZ for while now, and this game has hints of that atmosphere here, with like call outs of shots fired and whatnot. But aside from that I can't wait for this, I love most the Clancy Games.

#4 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16294 posts) -

The gameplay looks good. The graphics look amazing. It's also made by a studio that I like very much.

I'm not a fan of MMOs however, but if it has a good SP option, then I might buy it.

#5 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3638 posts) -

It is looking good!

#6 Posted by Arthas045 (5098 posts) -

While it does look neat, I will wait for reviews.

#7 Posted by Flubbbs (2955 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

The gameplay looks good. The graphics look amazing. It's also made by a studio that I like very much.

I'm not a fan of MMOs however, but if it has a good SP option, then I might buy it.

i wouldnt consider The Division an mmo

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16294 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

i wouldnt consider The Division an mmo

Well, I think Ubisoft or the devs called it that. It will certainly have MMO aspects I think.

But I just wonder if the entire game will be online only, or if there will be a SP aspect to it.

#9 Posted by kraken2109 (13005 posts) -

Is it on PC?

Looks great, but damage seemed way too low - clearly aimed at consoles where aiming is hard. Other than that I'm impressed.

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16294 posts) -

Is it on PC?

Looks great, but damage seemed way too low - clearly aimed at consoles where aiming is hard. Other than that I'm impressed.

You mean the damage that you received as a player ? That's probably for showcasing, as they usually do that in trailers. Look at the titanfall gameplay trailers, the player almost never gets hit.

#11 Edited by kraken2109 (13005 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@kraken2109 said:

Is it on PC?

You mean the damage that you received as a player ? That's probably for showcasing, as they usually do that in trailers. Look at the titanfall gameplay trailers, the player almost never gets hit.

Both damage received and damage dealt. The player looked like they got hit a lot and nothing bad happened. It also looked like the enemies took like 30 bullets to kill.

#12 Edited by Horgen (110055 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah I am not a fan of MMOs either. :(

#13 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

nice graphics

#14 Edited by lawlessx (46530 posts) -

im gonna wait and see..ubisoft has an history with disappointing me

#15 Edited by wis3boi (31103 posts) -

Looks good on the surface, but I'll wait until theres more info and maybe a demo or beta or something

#16 Edited by with_teeth26 (6053 posts) -

Love what I've seen so far, if I can get a few friends together to group up I'll be getting this for sure.

#17 Posted by KABCOOL (1144 posts) -

Ever since I saw the first trailer I have been hooked. IMO this game looks absolutely phenomenal, and YES I will be buying the game 100%

#18 Edited by sukraj (22089 posts) -

I might buy it.

#19 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

Maybe next year when It's 10 bucks I'll get it. I think I'm done buying games their year of release. Too much money I've been handing out to companies selling me broken products. I honestly don't think I'll pay $60 for a game ever again. After getting fucked with unfinished broken products, for the majority of games this year I think I'll hold off on these new next gen games till they show they fucking work and are worth the crazy price tag.

#20 Posted by PcGamingRig (7074 posts) -

it is definitely looking good.

#21 Posted by pelvist (4622 posts) -

The game looks great from what i have seen so far, but im not jumping on board till I see more of what the gameplay is like. Too many over hyped games disappoint nowadays.

#22 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

Will wait for reviews. Not jumping on the hype train.

#23 Edited by silversix_ (14052 posts) -

Me. But at the same time im extremely skeptical because its ubisoft. What i really want this game to be is like DayZ (HUGE world with tones of scavenging) but i don't think its possible with these kind of graphics or can it? I sure would like that.

#24 Edited by Fire_Wa11 (441 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah I am not a fan of MMOs either. :(

I'm pretty sure this is a garden variety albeit next-gen 4-player co-op, with what will likely be souped-up bells and whistles. I don't see where the MMO comparisons are coming from, but to my main point:

What Division has going for it is what Division has going against it. From what I can tell, 4-player co-ops are hard to mess up. Killing Floor? Fun as hell. Left 4 Dead games? Fun as hell. Warframe? Fun as hell. Borderlands? Fun as hell. Borderlands 2? Fun as hell.

Division has to do something very different than these other games to get my money. I'm co-opted to the gills already.