TF2 servers - inconsistent player count?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Batang_X990 (937 posts) -

anyone else encounter this issue?

i'm not talking about 1 or 2 player difference when a server reads 23/24 but it's actually 24/24.

i'm talking about when the server list reads 23/24 on a server but it's actually 1/24.

anyway to solve this? my ping is always below 50 so i'm not sure if my connection has anything to do with it.

no matter how many times i hit the refresh list, it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

#2 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

probably a server running invisible bots to make it look near full

#3 Posted by tutt3r (2865 posts) -

wis3boi

#4 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -

wis3boi
What lame crap is that?
#5 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

MythPro1
What lame crap is that?

people who dont know how to run a server trying to look important
#6 Posted by PS2_ROCKS (4679 posts) -
So many times I join a 32 player server only to find out 22 people are playing. Garbage.
#7 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

It's not your fault. It's the people running the servers. Only bad servers use that tool so it's not like you're missing out.

#8 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -
it's a fake player count so people join thinking it's full. it's stupid and those servers often get blacklisted so it's pointless to use anyway.
#9 Posted by XIntoTheBlue (850 posts) -
Yeah, too many server owners think this is a great idea to lure in players. Dumb logic on their part. It only infuriates players and they leave just as quickly as they logged in. Best way around this is to hunt for a few exceptional servers and stick to those servers exclusively.
#10 Posted by timma25 (1131 posts) -

Right click, view server info to get the real # of players. If theres somebody thats been playing for many hours with no points they're likey a bot or idling. One of my biggest peeves with TF2.