This topic is locked from further discussion.

Belgywath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Belgywath
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello! I'm new and this is my first post... So if I am posting this in the wrong section or something, please let me know.

I was wondering if any of you have played text-based games before, and what you think of them? It can be quite fun for those who enjoy reading as well as creating your own story with other people online.

You can also play MUD (multi-user dungeon) games with MUD Clients, which are basically applications which allow you to connect to certain mud games and code your own settings with Lua, Python, zScript, Ruby, and other languages. I love coding, and I have made many scripts for the MUD I play, Avalon. You can basically do WHATEVER you want, a lot like the Sims or GTA, but based in a fantasy world full of dwarves, orcs, dragons, etc. It's also multiplayer and has player-driven cities and guilds, as well as Gods and Divine Orders for the religious types.

I know most people prefer graphical games now a days, with PS4's and XBOX One's... But it's always nice to go back to the good ol' days of playing text-based games.