Team Fortress 2 servers not loading

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chocobo7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chocobo7000
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Not sure what the problem is, it just says "refreshing server list" then no servers ever appear. It has been like this for several days. What is the problem? My other games work fine online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
verify the game cache, your master server list is blank, it happens occasionally.
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
I get this a lot. Restart Steam, wipe the cache. IF that doens't work, remove local content, and delete the whole TF2 folder in "SteamApps" where Steam is installed. Reinstall.
chocobo7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chocobo7000
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

did everything you guys said, still not working

Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts

I have the same problem, but I did find a work around. My steam server browser works, so I got a friend of mine to get me the ip address' of the servers we play on, and added them to my favorites list in the steam browser. They show upin game on my favorites list, so now I can at least play on those servers. Not a perfect solution, but it may help for now.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
Very weird OP, this happened to me earlier today after I reinstalled my OS...copied game folder of TF2 backup to steamapps directory and then my server list wouldn't work... Tried reinstalling TF2 and that did not fix it. I used www.game-monitor.com to find servers and then join them, and when I have done so they stay populated in my 'history' tabs in the server list. How do I clear this cache you guys are talking about?
DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DasVolks

Bump....anyone have any ideas?

chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

I reinstalled Win7 the other day, and I realized all the servers no longer show up in TF2, however, if you go to your steam, and open server, you will see lots more servers.

According to steam tech page, there is a possibility that firewall or router automtically blocked a port that connects to the servers.

I tinkered for hours and decided to quit Team Fortress 2 forever.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DasVolks

I reinstalled Win7 the other day, and I realized all the servers no longer show up in TF2, however, if you go to your steam, and open server, you will see lots more servers.

According to steam tech page, there is a possibility that firewall or router automtically blocked a port that connects to the servers.

I tinkered for hours and decided to quit Team Fortress 2 forever.

chapman86

No offense, but that's a pretty stupid reason to quit TF2 forever. There are some fixes for it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140278
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140062

Avatar image for Ownageofthepyro
Ownageofthepyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ownageofthepyro
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Could anyone help me i just downloaded TF2 and when i try to play a server it opens up the loading screen and stops in the middle of downloading the map i cant cancel it i'm just suck there until i decide to shut down my PC and try again