Team Fortress 2 keeps freezing!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

When i'm playing Team Fortress 2, the game suddenly freezes for a few seconds (varying from 5 to 10) then it comes back, but after some more minutes playing, it happens again and again! I tried checking game cache files and didn't work. I tried defragging game files and didn't work. I tried reinstalling the game and it also didn't work! Does anyone know a fix?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Post your specs please, and you are certainly that it was not due to high latency?
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lox_Cropek

Post your specs please, and you are certainly that it was not due to high latency?GhoX

Specs: Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHz

2 GB RAM DDR2

GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB DDR3

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

PSU: Coolermaster 610w

No, it was not latency, my ping was 20~30

Avatar image for TheWhiteRabbit0
TheWhiteRabbit0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TheWhiteRabbit0
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Valve is also working on steam Betas i am one of the testers and that is causing some games to freeze more than often
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lox_Cropek

Valve is also working on steam Betas i am one of the testers and that is causing some games to freeze more than oftenTheWhiteRabbit0
Actually, this started happening like 2 months ago. But now it's really starting to piss me off...

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GhoX
Try lower the setting, and test the performance out on a different, or even a local server. If the freeze does occur again, tab back to desktop, go into your nvidia control panel and check for the GPU temperature. You can also install a program such as CoreTemp, and check for your CPU temperature while you are tabbed out as well.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lox_Cropek

Oh, a note: this only happens with Team Fortress 2

Try lower the setting, and test the performance out on a different, or even a local server. If the freeze does occur again, tab back to desktop, go into your nvidia control panel and check for the GPU temperature. You can also install a program such as CoreTemp, and check for your CPU temperature while you are tabbed out as well.GhoX
I tried many servers (even local with bots) and it always happens. The temperatures are something like this: CPU: 60 ºC and GPU: 75 ºC. I didn't try lowering the settings though. Which settings should i lower?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Try lowering res, you maybe running outta ram thats what I ran into. I play TF2 so I run into performance issue a lot so I am sure of it.

Lowering helped me on my x1950xt, and taking my bros 8800gts really aided the fps and lockups. All the updates kind of stack onto what the game initially was so the optimization is getting worse after each update. Try defragging the game itself on the steam panel and match integrity. Every little bit helps.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GhoX
Your CPU is a little bit on the hot side. Usually you'd want to keep your CPU temperature around 50 degrees while gaming.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lox_Cropek

Your CPU is a little bit on the hot side. Usually you'd want to keep your CPU temperature around 50 degrees while gaming.GhoX
Well, it's doing 40 ºC here where i live that must be the problem :) but 60º C is hot? Because when i'm playing Mass Effect 2 it goes to around 65 ºC (the game runs fine though)

huvnaegot1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 huvnaegot1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I know this post is 3 years old, but on Google, it's one of the first posts to come up and there is no solution. However, after experiencing the same problem, I did a little of my own trouble shooting. Are you using a wireless connection? I was, and that's what caused the occasional freezing. Every so often, data would stop being sent for a couple of seconds, before resuming. So beware, if you're going to play TF2 with wireless internet, make sure you've got a very good signal, or try and use wired internet if you can.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I know this post is 3 years oldhuvnaegot1

So...bye then