Tales of Franchise PC possibilities

This topic is locked from further discussion.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Tales is my all time favorite JRPG series and with the PC finally embracing Japanese games alot more, are any of you hopeful that the series will one day come to the PC as well with all the past entries hitting PC too?

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#2 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

You can play all the PS2 games on PC at 1080p using emulators, only the PS3 games are missing, but yeah, the japanese market is slowly creeping to the PC but it may take some time as some struggle with optimization, look at Square enix with Final Fantasy for example, FF3, FF4, FF13 and FF13-2 were all horribly unoptimized ports, FF7 and FF8 they got right though but has some issues occasionally, only game I know that it right off the bat was Valkyria Chronicles, but yea otherwise as far as japanese games overall its coming to PC, we have Naturo, Dragonball, One Piece, and some other japanese stuff that looks like it attracts lolicons lol

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Considering I bought a PS3 specifically for the "Tales of" titles I couldn't play on emulator, having titles ported to PC would be joyous. Especially after experiencing the jaggies and framerate of Xillia.

By the way, Zestiria was seen listed in the steam database a while ago.http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/tales-of-zestiria-leaked-for-steam-31871583/ Such listings don't always come true, but considering there's supposed to be a ps4 version down the line, this could be Namco attempting some extra profits with a port. Glady buy it full price if true, apparently the Ps3 version has framerate issues.