System Disk Error, please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

Don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but please, I need help,

The thing is 4 month ago I built a new PC, changed everything but my HDD (which always worked fine), but since then I've been having this error sometimes: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. The first time I had run into it, I almost lost my head. So what I did right next to it was checking for the HDD on the BIOS, and for my surprise I found out the BIOS was not detecting my HDD, I thought it was over, I thought my HDD was done for good. Didn't matter how many times I restarted my PC, the message was still there.

But the thing is, I happend to figure a TEMPORARY SOLUTION for this: whenever this error comes up, I have to turn off my PC (from the power button, -not restart-), and then I have to turn it on. Simply that, and somehow IT WORKS, it boots the OS perfectly

But eventually, It will happen again, and this will go on and on. Over the last week I got this error several times per day. So yesteday, I tried formatting my PC and it helped quite a bit since the error hadn't ocurred until 15 minutes ago.. so I thought it was over but it's not.. I don't know what else to do :(

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Well, many things could went wrong here.

1st. HDD might not be well attached with cables with motherboard. Have you tried to reconnect them?

2nd. HDD might dieing. There are programmes from each company that they can check your HDD.

3rd. Motherboard's SATA connector might have problem or worse the chip on the motherboard. If its the SATA connector, just use another one. If the 2nd happens you might need a new motherboard.

4th. You motherboard might need a bios update. Sometimes there are issues with hardware, so companies are creating new bios to fix compability issues. Try this as your last choice and always carefully (generally BIOS updates are not recommended if your PC doesn't have issues which in your case doesn't apply...).

audiojackie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 audiojackie
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

Better go to professional forum or service center cause it looks like hardware issue.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

run a chkdsk - does it come back with any errors?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Could be your motherboard or your HDD.

Use crystal disk.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Typically it's either the PSU not powering your HDD or you have a bad drive.

I fixed this issue a few times. Change the power connector on the HDD with another. If that doesn't work then there is something wrong with the drive.

Sounds like a power issue since rebooting seems to make it work again.