SWTOR: Galactic Stronghold announcement. Trailer and info.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

LINK

As the war between the Empire and the Republic rages, the galaxy’s greatest heroes have expanded their influence by acquiring STRONGHOLDS, customizable bastions of personal luxury. In a bid for power, these heroes must also join together to launch their own GUILD FLAGSHIPS.

Customize and expand your Strongholds to show off the power of your Legacy in the new Free-to-Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Expansion, GALACTIC STRONGHOLDS.

GET BONUS CARTEL COINS!

• BE A SUBSCRIBER BY APRIL 2ND TO RECEIVE 500 BONUS CARTEL COINS.
  • BE A SUBSCRIBER BY MAY 4th TO RECEIVE 1,000 BONUS CARTEL COINS.

Subscribe Now

NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE

Access Limited to Qualifying Subscribers* until Official Launch in August 2014

Be a Subscriber by May 11th to MOVE INTO NAR SHADDAA EARLY*!

Receive a luxurious NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE with THREE ADDITIONAL ROOMS UNLOCKED – Valued at 1,500,000 Credits!

Subscribers get Early Access starting June 24th!

Also recieve:

• Stronghold Label: "Galactic Stronghold"
  • Character Title: "The Illustrious"

Subscribe Now

KEY FEATURES*

Customize Your Strongholds

Display trophies earned in battle, craft state-of-the-art furniture, and unlock all-new rewards across the game. Then customize your Strongholds with hundreds of unique decorations to express your personal style.

Live on Multiple Planets

Choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of your faction’s capital world, or live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa or both – your Legacy can own multiple Strongholds!

Launch Your Guild Flagship

Rally your guild aboard your own Guild Flagship and join the renowned ranks of your faction’s

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Hey EA/Bioware.....

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

I don't see a trailer and have no idea what this even is.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BSC14

@blutfahne:

There is a trailer attached to the page I added a link to. If you can not figure it out then there is nothing I can do for you.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Glad to see they stepped up the content. I am still torn, by the time I make a MMO decisions ESO will be out.......

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Well that's a long time before release :P

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BSC14

@Arthas045:

I hear ya. I'm playing swtor to pass the time waiting for eso.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Hey EA/Bioware.....

Well, people complained there wasn't enough content at release (which I disagree with).... now people are complaining that they are adding things the community asked for and there's too much content?

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Hey EA/Bioware.....

What a dumb complaint.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vfibsux

Lighten the hell up, geez. And how is this even a complaint? lol.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

I thought it was funny... my post wasn't really about you complaining. People need to give BioWare credit for what they have done with SWTOR.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

I thought it was funny... my post wasn't really about you complaining. People need to give BioWare credit for what they have done with SWTOR.

Was mainly to the dude posted above me.

Yea but just too little too late to get back to the forefront. Great for the people who are still playing though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

Yea but just too little too late to get back to the forefront. Great for the people who are still playing though.

Well maybe, but it's impossible to launch an MMO with all that included from scratch. When WoW launched it didn't have all the things it has today, yet people except new MMOs to launch with everything, just not possible. They need to first launch the MMO with the features and make sure everything works, and then add things down the track. Heck even Galaxies didn't have all the stuff at launch, yet everyone was expecting SWTOR to do so.

ESO will have housing and all that too, but can't be at launch.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

Well maybe, but it's impossible to launch an MMO with all that included from scratch. When WoW launched it didn't have all the things it has today, yet people except new MMOs to launch with everything, just not possible. They need to first launch the MMO with the features and make sure everything works, and then add things down the track. Heck even Galaxies didn't have all the stuff at launch, yet everyone was expecting SWTOR to do so.

ESO will have housing and all that too, but can't be at launch.

Come on bro, you know SWTOR was hyped as being the end all be all of MMO's. I bought the digital deluxe edition for $70 myself, so I am not a hater. You cannot compare this game's release to vanilla WoW, no comparison to be made at all...except the hype for SWTOR was much greater.

It isn't about what you don't have at launch, it is about what you have at launch, and SWTOR blew it. Lack of content was not what killed SWTOR, it was the game itself just did not live up to the hype.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

Come on bro, you know SWTOR was hyped as being the end all be all of MMO's. I bought the digital deluxe edition for $70 myself, so I am not a hater. You cannot compare this game's release to vanilla WoW, no comparison to be made at all...except the hype for SWTOR was much greater.

It isn't about what you don't have at launch, it is about what you have at launch, and SWTOR blew it. Lack of content was not what killed SWTOR, it was the game itself just did not live up to the hype.

I know. I hyped it myself (more than I should of). I even got the CE, which I dont regret cause the game is fine imo and the statue is great.

I think you underestimated the hype for WoW before launch though, it was as big (if not bigger) than SWTORs. It's just that MMOs back then weren't as popular so everyone was a bit in limbo as to what Blizzard was releasing.

And yes, sadly gamers now just judge an MMO based on launch content, racing to max level like there is no tomorrow. But my point is valid, no MMO can launch with so much stuff, but SWTOR had plenty of content at launch, some people just hated it cause it wasn't as open ended as Galaxies and too WoW-like.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

I know. I hyped it myself (more than I should of). I even got the CE, which I dont regret cause the game is fine imo and the statue is great.

I think you underestimated the hype for WoW before launch though, it was as big (if not bigger) than SWTORs. It's just that MMOs back then weren't as popular so everyone was a bit in limbo as to what Blizzard was releasing.

And yes, sadly gamers now just judge an MMO based on launch content, racing to max level like there is no tomorrow. But my point is valid, no MMO can launch with so much stuff, but SWTOR had plenty of content at launch, some people just hated it cause it wasn't as open ended as Galaxies and too WoW-like.

Fair enough. That was my thing, the world just felt empty to me like a single player game would.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

Fair enough. That was my thing, the world just felt empty to me like a single player game would.

Yeah. The should have included night/day cycle and taken queues from GW2 as how to make the world feel more alive.

The limited explorability of the planets was due to them following the KOTOR design, which I don't mind that much. I would rather have a good quality fun map to explore which is limited than an empty huge free map.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts
@BSC14 said:

@blutfahne:

There is a trailer attached to the page I added a link to. If you can not figure it out then there is nothing I can do for you.

ahh hidden up at the top there

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

This game is to little to late like simcity in my eyes..I stil enjoy simcity its fun but if they did they bigger maps game couldve been epic..Star wars ran off most of us players 2 years ago from the change..Guild ships is a epansion pack its a joke please..Give the players raids a better space combat..Better pvp action..Give me a break..Back to the drawing boards ea bioware or just let the game die..Btw dont go away made just go away, dont let the door hit you on the butt..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FelipeInside

@Gladestone1 said:

This game is to little to late like simcity in my eyes..I stil enjoy simcity its fun but if they did they bigger maps game couldve been epic..Star wars ran off most of us players 2 years ago from the change..Guild ships is a epansion pack its a joke please..Give the players raids a better space combat..Better pvp action..Give me a break..Back to the drawing boards ea bioware or just let the game die..Btw dont go away made just go away, dont let the door hit you on the butt..

Have you tried it lately Gladestone? It's actually improved a lot.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Thanks felip but no thanks..Im waiting for the real space adventure to start star citizen baby ya..It will blow star wars out of the ball park an into the fans..

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

Yeah. The should have included night/day cycle and taken queues from GW2 as how to make the world feel more alive.

The limited explorability of the planets was due to them following the KOTOR design, which I don't mind that much. I would rather have a good quality fun map to explore which is limited than an empty huge free map.

I'd rather games not follow in GW2's footsteps...unless they're removing the fee and sticking with buy-to-play, that's fine.