Surround Sound and Chat Headset Recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-609fe4eae5287
deactivated-609fe4eae5287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-609fe4eae5287
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts

I am looking for a headset recommendation. I need it to be compatible with both a PC and Xbox One (so essentially needs to have an optical input for the X1 and be able to carry 5.1 audio over USB from a PC). I'd need it to be wireless and would like surround sound, but am willing to accept the simulated stereo surround sound if I have to in favor of other features. Finally, it needs to be a chat headset with decent talk-back volume (so I can hear my own voice well in the headset).

The SteelSeries H Wireless seemed like the best deal, however, it does not offer surround sound from a PC over USB, so you must use Dolby Digital Live which 1) I not have and 2) introduces video-to-audio lag. Otherwise, it works great with my Xbox One. Only other issue is the chat mic is not great, I can barely hear myself talk.

It is very difficult to understand what each headset offers and doesn't offer based on product pages. Turtle Beach has sooo many headsets available I am having trouble telling them apart, never mind comparing them with other manufactures.

Any specific or general advice would be great. If you have experience with the headset you are recommended that wold be ideal.

Thanks!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@StHapns247 said:

I am looking for a headset recommendation. I need it to be compatible with both a PC and Xbox One (so essentially needs to have an optical input for the X1 and be able to carry 5.1 audio over USB from a PC). I'd need it to be wireless and would like surround sound, but am willing to accept the simulated stereo surround sound if I have to in favor of other features. Finally, it needs to be a chat headset with decent talk-back volume (so I can hear my own voice well in the headset).

The SteelSeries H Wireless seemed like the best deal, however, it does not offer surround sound from a PC over USB, so you must use Dolby Digital Live which 1) I not have and 2) introduces video-to-audio lag. Otherwise, it works great with my Xbox One. Only other issue is the chat mic is not great, I can barely hear myself talk.

It is very difficult to understand what each headset offers and doesn't offer based on product pages. Turtle Beach has sooo many headsets available I am having trouble telling them apart, never mind comparing them with other manufactures.

Any specific or general advice would be great. If you have experience with the headset you are recommended that wold be ideal.

Thanks!

You cannot find good surround headphones just a stereo ones, trust me all of those 5.1 or 7.1 are BS.

I can recommend on SpeedLink Scylla Wireless or you can grab any Turtle Beach.

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

I love my Astro A50s

they are 7.1 surround sound, wireless, and are well worth the money