Stuck in Half Life 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -

I am stuck in this room

I've gone into the next room over a hundred times, and there is just a bunch of pipes and water, but no exit anywhere... There is like a little hole above the big pipe in the middle of the room, but I can't jump high enough to get into it. I can walk on the pipe, but can't get any further...I've tried putting barrels up there, and they just slide off... Also, down the ladder is water and I can't get back into that red pipe (where I think I came from)... I put barrels down there, but they just sink.

What the heck should I do? LOL

#2 Posted by elfraydoh (78 posts) -

not gonna give away what to do, but ill give you a hint. turn the valve.

#3 Posted by gotcha455 (2611 posts) -

The water puzzle :)

Go into the next room, and find a red valve and use it.... for further info, check out gamespot's game guide.

#4 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -

LOL, sweet, thanks. Not a puzzle fan...

Just one more question...I read in one review this game is "non stop" action...So does that mean I'll never get to wander around like I did at the beginning? (Observing things, pretending to be a citizen...lol, like Oblivion)... That was a lot of fun...I don't want to spend the rest of the game running... LOL.... Thanks again.

#5 Posted by gotcha455 (2611 posts) -

Nope, it's all running from here, no similarities to oblivion.

Don't let thatstop you from enjoying one of PC's greatest titles....

#6 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -
There will be some areas you can look around, after you've killed all the enemies in the area of course.
#7 Posted by deathshand707 (955 posts) -
hahah dont worry buddy i got stuck on that part too i had to get someone to tell me what to do
#8 Posted by harrisi17 (4010 posts) -
I was there for a long time also, stacking barrels and whatnot, then I got a hint a went from there. Just wait til you get to the abandoned prison level. that is hell :)
#9 Posted by Wasdie (49358 posts) -

LOL, sweet, thanks. Not a puzzle fan...

Just one more question...I read in one review this game is "non stop" action...So does that mean I'll never get to wander around like I did at the beginning? (Observing things, pretending to be a citizen...lol, like Oblivion)... That was a lot of fun...I don't want to spend the rest of the game running... LOL.... Thanks again.

TallicaFan2005

Don't worry, after the first few levels you start kicking some combine ass.

#10 Posted by gotcha455 (2611 posts) -

EDIT:

I fogot, Highway 17 is a more open-ended level, al least more so than the others.

Barney is right, after you get past the first 3/4 levels, the real game kicks in. Ravenholm, Highway 17, Nova Prospekt etc.

Keep playing!

#11 Posted by xsqmko (517 posts) -

A walkthrough from the internet can solve your problem atm and future ones aswell.

#12 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
This is one of the reason why I dislike Half Life 2
#13 Posted by fireandcloud (5118 posts) -

This is one of the reason why I dislike Half Life 2Lonelynight

cuz you're not good at puzzle solving?

#14 Posted by JP_Russell (12893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]This is one of the reason why I dislike Half Life 2fireandcloud

Question seconded.

#15 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
[QUOTE="fireandcloud"]

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]This is one of the reason why I dislike Half Life 2JP_Russell

Question seconded.

Yes I suck at puzzles

#16 Posted by gotcha455 (2611 posts) -
I also suck at puzzles. But the puzzles in Half life 2 are far from complex.... I had no problems.
#17 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -

I also suck at puzzles. But the puzzles in Half life 2 are far from complex.... I had no problems.gotcha455

But the level design is also very annoying to me, I keep getting stuck at places >_>

#18 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
I'm on Highway 17 :D Once i was literally stuck, next to a wooden box and a wall :lol:
#19 Posted by gotcha455 (2611 posts) -

[QUOTE="gotcha455"]I also suck at puzzles. But the puzzles in Half life 2 are far from complex.... I had no problems.Lonelynight

But the level design is also very annoying to me, I keep getting stuck at places >_>

Just take a quick glance at the game guide, that's what I did. I got stuck a few times too.