Street Fighter 4 on PC: How will it control?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LifesonFan2112 (66 posts) -
I was surprised to see that SF4 was also being developed for the PC, which is unusualy since the PC is not a platform known for it's fighting games. How do you think the game will control on the PC? Obviously a KB&M would not be ideal for a fighting game. Do you think it'll use the X360 controller, or are there joysticks availble for the PC that would work well with the game?
#2 Posted by JP_Russell (12893 posts) -
It will definitely have controller support, but I still hope they support the keyboard (I don't mind using the keyboard for fighting games, and prefer not to use a controller on the PC). I expect they will, though. It's Capcom, they tend to always have keyboard controls for their multiplats and ports.
#3 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -

It is not known for fighting games- but it doesnt mean there arent any

Games like Guilty Gear X2 are fine on PC and controls are FINE.

#4 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -

It is strange how people forget about PC gamepads

I thought that they should be standard for PC (along with JOYSTICKS)

(custom keyboard)

#5 Posted by MasterYevon (6701 posts) -

(custom keyboard)

Lidve

Ohhhhhhhh my god that looks disgusting, on more than 1 level.

Anyway, I also hope that they at least show some effort in supporting keyboard, and don't assume that all of us own game pads... I play Mortal Kombat and older Street Fighters just fine with the keyboard (emulators).

#6 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -

I will be getting SF4 for the PC just so I can play it with this:

It's no custom joystick, but it's good enough for me.

#7 Posted by chechak7 (1234 posts) -
my logitic is so good i am playing DMc4 is is so great
#8 Posted by Pinkyimp (3623 posts) -
Are there any GOOD arcade sticks that are USB compat?, i rather use that than anything else...
#9 Posted by MrNacaa (510 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lidve"]

(custom keyboard)

MasterYevon

Anyway, I also hope that they at least show some effort in supporting keyboard, and don't assume that all of us own game pads... I play Mortal Kombat and older Street Fighters just fine with the keyboard (emulators).

The learning curve on that badboy is probably weeks :)

I go with my Saitek Cyborg Rumble Pad and it will hopefully be enough for this game.

#10 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -

Are there any GOOD arcade sticks that are USB compat?, i rather use that than anything else...Pinkyimp

Depends on how much you're willing to spend.

#11 Posted by -Origin- (1816 posts) -
It will be controler with my trusty xbox 360 gamepad!
#12 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -

It will be controler with my trusty xbox 360 gamepad!-Origin-

Xbox 360 Gamepad + Street Fighter = Bad.

#13 Posted by vash47 (2171 posts) -
I'll play with a keyboard like I did with all my fighting games, at least when there were fighting games for the PC...
#14 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lidve"]

(custom keyboard)

MasterYevon

Yeah,but Pc pads are really cheap.

I bought 2 for like 10$

#15 Posted by Xavier_12 (824 posts) -
Fighting games on a keyboard? Blasphemy!
#16 Posted by jgianola (1 posts) -

Ohhh my dear friends you are sorely lacking pc goodness knoledge, I have a HotRod SE which happens to be a REAL Arcade joystick, when SF IV comes out for PC it will rock and it will roll.

the hanaho hot rod se!!!!!!

#17 Posted by Puckhog04 (22693 posts) -

WASD - Move right, left, duck, and jump.

Everything else is fully customizable as with all PC games. I played DMC4 and 3 with a Keyboard and had zero issues with it. That and the fact that SF4 is only $40 on PC makes me rather have it on PC. :)

#18 Posted by kozzy1234 (35334 posts) -

I'll be using a 360 controller for singleplayer matches and then a 360 and Sidewinder for versus battles with friends who are over visiting. If the sidewinder doesnt work that well ill just cop another 360 controller.

Who all is picking this game up?

I was going to get it for 360, but i dont think ill be getting many mroe 360 games as the 360's hardware problems are just to frequent for my liking.

#19 Posted by sSubZerOo (43952 posts) -
... If you are planning on playing this game with the keyboard.. Don't play it online, because you will get destroyed by some one who is using a gamepad or arcade stick..
#20 Posted by knight0151 (1205 posts) -

It'll probably have keyboard + mouse support, but It'll probably suck. I recommend just getting a gamepad. I have a Logitech dual action gamepad and a PS3 chillstream controller that's awesome and works on my PC perfectly.

#21 Posted by kozzy1234 (35334 posts) -

WASD - Move right, left, duck, and jump.

Everything else is fully customizable as with all PC games. I played DMC4 and 3 with a Keyboard and had zero issues with it. That and the fact that SF4 is only $40 on PC makes me rather have it on PC. :)

Puckhog04

Nice...... I challenge you Puck when the games out! :P

#22 Posted by IMaBIOHAZARD (1464 posts) -
only $40? awesome.
#23 Posted by adv_tr00per (2589 posts) -

I have a pretty old Logitech (I think) gamepad I got for my birthday 5 years ago, looks lieke it'll finally be of use :D