Strage internet issues, what do you make of this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

So nothing had changed with my network...no new hardware or anything when all the sudden I started getting all kinds of strange behavior. Games wouldn't stay connected, some sites won't open at all, sometimes no sites will open. ESO site will open but as soon as I try to log in it says "page can't be displayed", curse gaming won't open at all, BF4 server browser will open but if I try to open a battle pack it hangs up. I can't open the ip to my modem either. Cray stuff...I can't figure it out.

It's very strange...I have got a new modem from Comcast, a new wireless adaptor, I even reinstalled windows (been a couple years so I was wanting to do that anyway)....I have updated everything I can.

I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@BSC14 said:

So nothing had changed with my network...no new hardware or anything when all the sudden I started getting all kinds of strange behavior. Games wouldn't stay connected, some sites won't open at all, sometimes no sites will open. ESO site will open but as soon as I try to log in it says "page can't be displayed", curse gaming won't open at all, BF4 server browser will open but if I try to open a battle pack it hangs up. I can't open the ip to my modem either. Cray stuff...I can't figure it out.

It's very strange...I have got a new modem from Comcast, a new wireless adaptor, I even reinstalled windows (been a couple years so I was wanting to do that anyway)....I have updated everything I can.

I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

I replied to your other thread but never got an answer back. (or glitchspot never sent me a notification. You have to quote someone when replying, or else that person never knows you answered)

What calls out to me is that you have a new modem and new wireless adapter. Did this start happening AFTER you incorporated those new things into your network?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@FelipeInside:

I got those things because of this problem.

I didn't answer before because I got wrapped up in all this troubleshooting.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Step 1: ping your router using the -n 100 switch.

You shouldn't do anything until you do that.