Steam Winter Sale is almost over! What have you all been buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

Only thing I bought was the Tomb Raider collection when it was 75% off. £10 for all the games is a stealChris_53

Oops, forgot about that. I also just bought the original classic Tomb Raider last night :P

#52 Posted by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -

just all the Shogun dlc and Closure

#53 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

I only bought two games, Dark Souls and World In Conflict for a grand total of $26.49.

I'm really enjoying them.

#54 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

L4D2 has been tempting me at 75% off like it usually does, but I haven't gotten it as usual (yet?)

#55 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2847 posts) -

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Sleeping Dogs (GMG)
Dead Island GOTY
Double Fine Bundle
Spec Ops: The Line (also on GMG)

and that's about it.

#56 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
Chivalry, Assassins Creed II so far. I'm thinking about getting Tropico, would you guys say it's worth 5 bucks?
#57 Posted by Flubbbs (3508 posts) -

only thing i bought from steam was Torchlight 2.. Bioshock 1&2/Spec Ops from Amazon

#58 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

So the sale is almost at it's end (it end's on the 5th), and I know I have bought at least 15 games or sofor about 30$, and they are all fantastic. What has everyone been buying?

samusownsyou123

You have played all 15 already ?:P

What games did you buy ?

I bought 4, was planning to buy 2 and have played 2 of them. I bought:

• Darksiders franchise pack: already had Darksiders 1 which I still have to finish
  • The Walking Dead: have yet to play it
  • Chivalry: awesome, awesome online action game
  • Tropico 4: pretty good city builder, without always on DRM thank you very much:)

#59 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

Chivalry, Assassins Creed II so far. I'm thinking about getting Tropico, would you guys say it's worth 5 bucks?chrisrooR

If you want a good city builder, go for it !

#60 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
all i got was natural selection 2 for $10. strange year. only games i got all throughout last year were killing floor for $5, csgo for $7.50, and ns2 for $10. they are also some of my favorite games :)
#61 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

For Steam I got:

GTA IV

BioShock 1 & 2

For UPlay:

Assassin's Creed 3

Far Cry 3

#62 Posted by ddlcpc (876 posts) -

Only Arkham city GOTY

#63 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

I don't think I picked up anything yesterday. Oh yeah, just one game that I gifted. I'm like a hamster hoarding up games :lol:. I even bought Deus Ex: HR missing link DLC that I've put off forever.. and now that I have it; I know already that I'm not going to touch it in a long time.

Now, I'm just looking at Command and Conquer 3 to be $5, or else forget it. Far Cry 3 has kept me busy and I hope to get around to using DarthMod for Empire Total War (collection). :)

#64 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Legacy of Kain collection from gamers gate

Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Underworld from steam

Painkiller Hell and Damnation Collectors Edition from shopto

Serious Sam 3 Deluxe and Jewel of the Nile, from steam loving the game

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition from steam

Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle from steam

#65 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2877 posts) -

I got:

Binary Domain

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

To the Moon

---

Is there a reason Assault on Dark Athena never gets a larger sale than 50%? Feel like I've waited quite a few steam sales for it to get higher.

#66 Posted by x-2tha-z (8904 posts) -
I didn't buy anything from Steam. This sale wasn't very good, IMO.
#67 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4318 posts) -
Did we really need another thread for this?
#68 Posted by Metallic_Blade (259 posts) -

I bought nothing. Part of that is due to it being a digital-only medium. I like to have my physical copies last forever, and not feel like I'm just owning some air.

#69 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4318 posts) -

I bought nothing. Part of that is due to it being a digital-only medium. I like to have my physical copies last forever, and not feel like I'm just owning some air.

Metallic_Blade
Well good for you. I liek owning physical copies but I'm not going to find a physical copy of Mass Effect 2 for $5.
#70 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -

I got the following

Dawn of War - Platinum
Fable: The Lost Chapters
F.E.A.R. + Expansions
KOTOR II: The Sith Lords
Mark of the Ninja

#71 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3553 posts) -
The sales today Jan 3rd where UTTER ...FREAKIN...TRASH. I meant wtf...!?
#72 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -
The sales today Jan 3rd where UTTER ...FREAKIN...TRASH. I meant wtf...!?Gamesterpheonix
The entire sale has been pretty lackluster.
#73 Posted by AFBrat77 (24219 posts) -

Here's what I ended up getting this Holiday:

1. Portal 2 (11/24) = $4.99

2. Batman Arkham City GotY (12/27) = $7.49

3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (12/31) = $4.99

4. Painkiller: Black Edition (01/03) = $2.49

5. Thief II: The Metal Age (01/03) = $2.49

6. Bastion (01/03) = $3.74

I'm quite pleased, for a little over $26 I got quite a diverse well respected collection of games I would say. I keep missing Skyrim at 75% off, but hell, I haven't even finished Morrowind yet!

I also considered The Witcher 2, Bioshock 2, KotOR 2, Max Payne 3, and some of the add-on packs for Empire: Total War, but I either didn't think they would run on my PC or I figured I'd get them next time.

From Gog.com I picked up Zeus + Poseidon (packaged together), 2 of the most respected city-building games. Again, quite diverse from my Steam purchases.

#74 Posted by klusps (10385 posts) -

Bought Sleeping Dog on GMG for $11, 2 copies of Torchlight 2 for my friend, Dishonored on GMG for $25(with use of GMG credit), and BF3 Premium for $20. The Steam sale has been rather disappointing lately for me but I might get a few more things before the sale ends.

#75 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6759 posts) -

Hmm.

Mirror's Edge

Fable 1

Hitman Absolution

The Monkey Island SE Bundle

Torchlight 2

Orcs must die 2

Spec Ops the line

Towns

Some Sleeping Dogs DLC

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams

Far Cry 3

KOTOR 1+2 Batch

To the Moon

Seems like that was all I bought for myself sofar, most of my friends got thier geek gifts through steam aswell, so I don't complain :)

#76 Posted by CBN16 (407 posts) -
  • Intrusion 2
  • Art Rage 3 (art software)
  • Ace of Spades
  • THQ Pack
  • The Walking Dead
  • SR3 DLC
  • Psychonauts
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  • FTL: Faster Than Light
  • The Missing Link for Deus Ex: HR
  • Far Cry (the original)
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Thief Collection
  • Serious Sam 3 BFG

I hope to see Dust Force and the Secret World come lower on price.

I also got Scribblenauts Unlimited on Amazon and the Humble Indie Bundle 7.

#77 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
  • Intrusion 2
  • Art Rage 3 (art software)
  • Ace of Spades
  • THQ Pack
  • The Walking Dead
  • SR3 DLC
  • Psychonauts
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  • FTL: Faster Than Light
  • The Missing Link for Deus Ex: HR
  • Far Cry (the original)
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Thief Collection
  • Serious Sam 3 BFG

I hope to see Dust Force and the Secret World come lower on price.

I also got Scribblenauts Unlimited on Amazon and the Humble Indie Bundle 7.

CBN16
How about The Secret World for $22.49? And if you have a $5 voucher left, it would be even cheaper. Cheers.
#78 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

I've been well behaved this sale, I only bought Lone Survivor, and Hotline Miami.

#79 Posted by cobb45 (1173 posts) -
Spent $ 20.00 on: Batman Arkham City DLC, Robin and Skins Pack Fear Ultimate Pack Condemned: Criminal Origins. Skyrim Dawnguard Sold stuff on steam market (mostly dota 2) and got these games; Skyrim Hearthfire Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Civ V Gods & Kings Farcry 2 Hero Academy Counter Strike Global Offensive Dota 2 Announcer Pack
#80 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -
only bought FTL, this year's sale was pretty weak
#81 Posted by David719 (1826 posts) -
  • Thief Franchise Pack
  • Hotline Miami
  • Limbo
  • Dawn of War Franchise Pack
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Painkiller Black Edition
  • Prince of Persia Collection
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Sonic CD
  • Rome Total War
  • Medieval Total War
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Doom Classic Pack
  • Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
  • Max Payne Bundle
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Psychonauts
  • Far Cry 2
  • Elder's Scrolls 3: Morrowind GOTY edition
  • Civilization 4 Complete
  • Deus Ex GOTY edition

This is the first sale I actually bought anything

#82 Posted by x-2tha-z (8904 posts) -
Rage is on sale. The full game is now cheaper than the new Scorchers DLC. That's quite strange.
#83 Posted by Chris_53 (5134 posts) -
Just bought StarWars knights of the Old Republic for like £1.75, ive never played this before and to be honest im not much of a Star Wars fan, but my brother insisted that I get it but at this price, I cant go wrong
#84 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2847 posts) -
Rage is on sale. The full game is now cheaper than the new Scorchers DLC. That's quite strange.x-2tha-z
Great game. I get the complaints about the game being boring, because it kind of is at first, but about two hours in it really picks up. I enjoyed it a lot.
#85 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Mirror's Edge

Walking Dead

Spec Ops The Line

To The Moon

Legend of Grimrock

Borderlands 2

Max Payne 3

#86 Posted by THGarrett (2574 posts) -
  • Deadlight
  • Dishonored
  • The Longest Journey + Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
  • LA Noire
  • LEGO LOTR
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • The Walking Dead
  • Warhammer 40K Dawn of War + Dawn of War 2 package

With this in addition to the backlog of games I haven't even got around to playing from the Summer sale I think I'm pretty much set for the year.

#87 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
All I bought was Sniper Ghost Warrior for $1.99. I'll probably buy CS:GO when it's down to $2.50.. I bought a lot during the last sales so not much I wanted this time around. RUSE is on sale for $5 so I'll probably pick that up too.
#88 Posted by Allicrombie (25514 posts) -
do we really need two steam sale threads?
#89 Posted by jack00 (3556 posts) -

Torchlight II 9.99

Warhammer 40k franchise 9.99

Painkiller hell and damnation 9.99

I kinda regret getting torchlight II. The art direction is really putting me off even tho everything else about it feels great :/

#90 Posted by RushKing (1780 posts) -

Bioshock 1 & 2 - $5 (amazon)

Trine 1 & 2 + DLC - $8.74

Bastion - $3.74

Hotline Miami - $5 (amazon)

Thief Gold - $2.49

Psychonauts - $2.49

Alice Madness Returns - $5

Magicka - $2.49

Broken Sword Trilogy - $2

Darksiders Franchise - $13

Natural Selection 2 - $10

$60 Spent?

#91 Posted by BattleSpectre (6813 posts) -

Made my final purchases today and in the end i'm happy with how this sale turned out.

This is my humble haul in no particular order:

Saints Row: The Third Full Package Edition

I Am Alive

Dead Rising 2 + Dead Rising 2 Off the Record with the DLC.

LA Noire

Forge

Spec Ops: The Line

Lone Survivor

Dungeon Defenders Complete Pack

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Counter Strike: GO

Orcs Must Die! 2

Natural Selection 2

Dead Island Game of the Year

The Walking Dead

#92 Posted by Major_9000 (260 posts) -

Here is my haul...

• Tropico 4
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Napoleon: Total War
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
  • L.A. Noire
  • Dead Island GOTY

Total price = $28.99

Thank you Steam!!

#93 Posted by hotstonez (299 posts) -

I spent $200 on DLC for Train Simulator 2013 and I'm loving it. Probably wont buy anything else until mid year now, unless new DLC comes out. I also bought Tropico and Skyrim plus add ons for the wife.

#94 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -
Xcom : Enemy Unknown Sleeping Dogs The Walking Dead Crusader Kings II Dungeons : The Dark Lord Galactic Civilization II Ys Origin
#95 Posted by TheOtherTheoG (2287 posts) -
I haven't bought nearly as much as I have done in past summer and winter sales, hell, I think I spent more in the 5-day Thanksgiving sale: Steam: Assassin's Creed 1 Bioshock 2 Hotline Miami Crysis: Warhead The Walking Dead GreenManGaming: Sleeping Dogs Civ V: Gods and Kings Far Cry 3 GOG: Planescape: Torment Alan Wake's American Nightmare Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay Amazon: Spec Ops: The Line
#96 Posted by somegtalover (2696 posts) -

I bought nothing. Got Ace of Spades gifted to me though. I already have all the steam games I want from previous sales and my hard drives are full, ill just spend my saved up money on station cash for planetside instead.

#97 Posted by -Wolfy- (1417 posts) -
So far I've gotten these Call of Juarez (US) 6.49 USD World in Conflict: Complete 6.49 USD War of the Roses Deluxe 26.24 USD Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 11.24 USD The First Templar 4.99 USD FEAR 3 4.99 USD Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 16.74 USD Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack 6.24 USD Just Cause 2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack 0.49 USD Just Cause 2 Black Market Boom Pack 0.49 USD Just Cause 2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle 0.24 USD Just Cause 2 DLC - Chevalier Classic 0.24 USD Just Cause 2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun 0.24 USD Just Cause 2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft 0.24 USD Just Cause 2 DLC - Monster Truck 0.24 USD Plants vs. Zombies 2.49 USD Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II 2.49 USD Tomb Raider 1 2.49 USD Tomb Raider 2 2.49 USD Tomb Raider 3 2.49 USD Tomb Raider 4 2.49 USD Tomb Raider 5 2.49 USD Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness 2.49 USD L.A. Noire 4.99 USD http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wolfyz/
#98 Posted by Lonelystrokez (262 posts) -

anyone want to trade a game for Don't Starve?

#99 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -
I got some from Amazon as well, they had good sales this year. Amazon: Dark Souls Syndicate Steam: Ace of Spades Mark of the Ninja Plus I got Sleeping Dogs when Steam had that error today that put it down to $4.50. Overall its the least amount of games I've got from a Steam sale in a long time.
#100 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4318 posts) -

All I got was Mass Effect 2 DD from steam for $7.50 and Mass Effect 3 DD from Origin for $20. I'm actually really proud of myself for not buying a bunch of games I will never play.