Steam account disabled!? What!? How I am supposed to play my new copy of L4D?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jomicbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jomicbro
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts
So I came home the other day after buying a shiny new copy of Left 4 Dead and excitedly put it into the DVD drive expecting to install and play. Imagine my surprise when I get a message from Steam saying my account has been disabled? WHY? I have never done anything remotely funny with my account, I have never played on any of Valve's servers online so it's not a cheating thing (I'm typically a single player kind of person) and I have only legitimate boxed copies of all of my Valve games. So, I contact Steam and set up a support ticket asking why my account has been disabled...that was four days ago and I've yet to hear anything from them. I'm still sitting here wanting to play my highly expensive copy of their software (not to mention all of their other software) and getting more and more annoyed. I love Valve to death, but this sucks. Has anyone else here had their accounts disabled? If yes, why and how long did it take to get everything sorted out? (I would like to post a similar topic on the Steam forums, but there is a warning there against doing just that). Any ideas?
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
to to steams site and send an email to the support team, theyre usually pretty fast at getting back to you, and should be able to help you with any problem i got my account hacked, and they helped me recover it in only a day. good luck
jomicbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 jomicbro
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts
Hey thanks. I did send them an email, but like I said, I've been waiting for four days now. I heard that hijacked accounts take higher priority. I still don't know what I could have done to get disabled...sniff sniff
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
wait a little longer. Same thing happended to me but got my account back.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JangoWuzHere
Hey thanks. I did send them an email, but like I said, I've been waiting for four days now. I heard that hijacked accounts take higher priority. I still don't know what I could have done to get disabled...sniff sniffjomicbro
if your account was hijacked then the passwords would have been changed most likely
Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts

Yeah i got my old steam account banned for no reason,

and there was nothing i could do about it

rik666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 rik666
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts
If you get banned of steam, do you loose all your games? If you do, thats sure a turn of.
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts
I would guess the slow reply has more to do with the Thanksgiving holidays than anything else.
dannyw7982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dannyw7982
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
If you don't get your account back can't you use your copy of l4d and create a totally new steam account. Im assuming you lost your account before you tied you L4D key to it?
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
if this is true it is total BS, steam deserves to die, its bad enough that you can't seem to play the game offline without steam
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts
Just another reason to "not" get steam.
Antaeus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Antaeus1991
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
I got my first steam account disabled for no reason aswell. They didn't give me a reason and when i asked if I could have a refund for the hundred + games I had on there they said no and they said they wouldnt reactivate it.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I'm pretty skeptical about these types of post. Steam doesn't unlawfully disable or ban anyone. Around here it's usually some guy tried to cheat the system and steal some games or cheated in game and got caught. Then they go around posting on tons of forums screaming injustice and steam is the devil and should die. Most of the times peoples accounts get stolen because they gave someone there info. I have a friend who was messaged that he could get free steam games if he gave out his info so the guy could put the games on his account. He called and asked me if this is true and I told him someone was trying to steal his account. Later that day he called me again and said his account was disabled and I asked him if he told that guy his info and said yes. Told me that it was too good to pass up. :roll:
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
I'm pretty skeptical about these types of post. Steam doesn't unlawfully disable or ban anyone. Around here it's usually some guy tried to cheat the system and steal some games or cheated in game and got caught. Then they go around posting on tons of forums screaming injustice and steam is the devil and should die. Most of the times peoples accounts get stolen because they gave someone there info. I have a friend who was messaged that he could get free steam games if he gave out his info so the guy could put the games on his account. He called and asked me if this is true and I told him someone was trying to steal his account. Later that day he called me again and said his account was disabled and I asked him if he told that guy his info and said yes. Told me that it was too good to pass up. :roll:EndersAres
] actually I got hacked by a keylogger and almost lost my account. Good thing I found my hacked account.
n4m3l335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 n4m3l335
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

My account got disabled for no reason, and now I can't even log into steam to contact them about my account being disabled.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

You should have started a new thread, not resurrect a 2 year old one...

Steam has a website:https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=765a664a28b06e4d6e4e82504547309e&ref=2347-QDFN-4366

contact information...

creating a support account page....

dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

My account got disabled for no reason, and now I can't even log into steam to contact them about my account being disabled.

n4m3l335

The support uses a different account, not the regular steam account.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

This is so wierd, ive had steam for years and no issues and same with maybe 10-12 friends of mine... never got hacked or had any issues.

Watch who you give info out to and keep your computer clean so no keylogging stuff is doign work on there.

I know one person who got hacked a year or two ago, but that was because he clicked on a FREE GAMES message some random sent him.

If you get messages or emails sayign FREE GAMES or something that sounds to good to be true, dont click on it.

Also change your password every month or two and make it a long password, not somethign obvious or short.

DONT CLICK ON ANY MESSAGES THAT TELL YOU TO GO TO THIS SITE FOR FREE STUFF.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

Please do not grave dig 2 year old threads. This information is outdated. If you have a question, start a new topic.