Star Trek: Legacy Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

other107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 other107
Member since 2003 • 139 Posts
To any of you that have played this game,
How well would my PC run it on these specs:

ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 GDDR3
1 Gig pc3200 Mem
Pentium 4: 2.8 Gightz Processor

I know that it will run the game.  I'm just wondering how well it will run; if the graphics will be good enough, and the gameplay will be smooth enough that it will be worth my time.

Thank you
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
It looks like you have a good enough system. The problem is not with your system, it's with the game itself. I've read the game is full of bugs (the only reason I haven't bought it yet), so much so that it's practically unplayable. I've been asking people if the game has been reasonably patched yet myself. I have not heard any good news on this front yet. If and when I find out that they've patched the game well enough that it plays like it's supposed to, I'll pick it up. So keep your eye out for info on the game being patched properly. Your system should run the game smooth at high settings because the game was not made to need a state-of-the-art system to run it well.
speed1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 speed1
Member since 2005 • 655 Posts
It should run well at medium settings but like Hawk said the game is very buggy. Get the mods which are available at the stlegacy forums [forums.bethsoft.com] which improve the overall condition of the game.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

It should run well at medium settings but like Hawk said the game is very buggy. Get the mods which are available at the stlegacy forums [forums.bethsoft.com] which improve the overall condition of the game.speed1

That game was the biggest letdown of the year to me, and proof that I should never ever buy a Bethesda Software game that isn't made by Bethesda.....

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

Yup it was a major let down for sure.  Not only are the controls terrible but the game is short and very 1 dimensional.  All you do is fly around in circles mashing your mouse buttons.  The multi player does not work at all for anyone; the skirmishes are 100% pointless and boring.  And you never get to see the insides of the ships or even a little animated face in the corner of the Captain speaking. 

Oh yeah and that’s another thing, all the ST captains literally sound like they recorded their voice takes over the phone while lying in bed!

The game is terrible, period.  Even if it had good controls like the 360 version it would still be terrible!