Star Citizen dogfighting PAX demo footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Damn this is looking good. Good thing it's pretty much years away from release, I think that's the amount of time I need to save up for an upgrade.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Lookin' good

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Looks like a really ambitious game, and alot of fun.

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4 Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

That helmet animation. Damn.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

whoever is playing this.... has got to be the worst player i have ever seen in this type of game

and the part where he rammed the asteroid and didnt die...and he was TRYING to die? LOL bad.... clearly this game is WAY too early to be shown like this. it gives a horrible impression.

game is just a pay to win scam anyhow...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

For being a pre-alpha build it's looking nice. Everyone complaining about it doesn't seem to understand what a pre-alpha build is. It's got a ways too go but it's starting to shape up a bit, hell most games at pre-alpha don't even have decent textures or shaders, they seem to be more then present here. Can't wait till this comes out but I have no doubts it will be later then 2015. They just keep adding more and more the larger the funding pot gets and lets face it, delays have been rampant I think we should expect more with a game this size.

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

omg he can go backwards....

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Why are the people who play demos like these always really crap at actually playing the game?

Either way, it looks pretty impressive.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

Why are the people who play demos like these always really crap at actually playing the game?

Yeah he sucked but could be worse, could have been a scripted demo but he went off to shoot asteroids and land. Game does look great though and I cannot wait for it to come out.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

awesome! :) Especially for pre alpha.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@undeadgoon said:

omg he can go backwards....

that is the beauty of 6 dof movement newtonian flight model, elite dangerous has it too.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Am I the only one here that is not impressed by this video? people in the crowd are cheering like they've never played or seen any flight sim/space sim before.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#13 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Pre Alpha or not , this looks amazing . Look at those visuals and the game is still 1+ year away from release .

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

Looks great. I'm excited and glad I have time to save for a computer to play this.

However, someone needs to do a X-Wing mod or something

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@cyloninside said:

whoever is playing this.... has got to be the worst player i have ever seen in this type of game

and the part where he rammed the asteroid and didnt die...and he was TRYING to die? LOL bad.... clearly this game is WAY too early to be shown like this. it gives a horrible impression.

I totally agree that one should never show footage before it is ready because it turns off tons of potential customers. This footage did not impress me and I've always been skeptical of this game. That being said they have to show this footage being a kickstarter/crowd funded type of project.

The crowd lol super nerdgasms!

If I can't fly right down to that planet and land then I will never buy. I can do this in Kerbal bro.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@blutfahne said:

@cyloninside said:

I totally agree that one should never show footage before it is ready because it turns off tons of potential customers. This footage did not impress me and I've always been skeptical of this game. That being said they have to show this footage being a kickstarter/crowd funded type of project.

If I can't fly right down to that planet and land then I will never buy. I can do this in Kerbal bro.

Agree with both of you guys.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@blutfahne said:

@cyloninside said:

game is F2P..and the game will have planets and bases to land on in the final version

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Looks pretty amazing. Cant' wait for this dogfighting module to land, my 290's ready for it!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_imperium

@PredatorRules said:

@blutfahne said:

@cyloninside said:

How exactly is this pay to win .? Can you explain .?

There is no best ship in this game and there is no "win" in this as well . It is about living in a world and doing whatever you want . When you pledge , devs give you a ship as reward . Some ships are good for Exploration , others are good for dog fight , others for racing and so on . You can have biggest ship in the galaxy but that won't mean shit because it'll be difficult to maintain and you'll need multiple crew members , each at their decks performing their tasks properly to fly the ship . You'll also have to watch your back because anyone of those crew member can kill you and take over your ship .

There is also a Single Player campaign in the game , and you can not only host your own private servers but also can also adjust PVE VS PVP slider before launching the game and can completely ignore other players . How exactly is this pay to win again .?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cyloninside

@Cloud_imperium said:

@PredatorRules said:

@blutfahne said:

@cyloninside said:

There is no best ship in this game and there is no "win" in this as well . It is about living in a world and doing whatever you want . When you pledge , devs give you a ship as reward . Some ships are good for Exploration , others are good for dog fight , others for racing and so on . You can have biggest ship in the galaxy but that won't mean shit because it'll be difficult to maintain and you'll need multiple crew members , each at their decks performing their tasks properly to fly the ship . You'll also have to watch your back because anyone of those crew member can kill you and take over your ship .

There is also a Single Player campaign in the game , and you can not only host your own private servers but also can also adjust PVE VS PVP slider before launching the game and can completely ignore other players . How exactly is this pay to win again .?

*looks at username*..... *ignores entire post*

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cloud_imperium

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Ignorance at its best after all .

Wanted you to know some facts , whether you ignore it or pretend to do so is up to you :-)

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cyloninside

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Wanted you to know some facts , whether you ignore it or pretend to do so is up to you :-)

all i saw was a bunch of fanboy nerdgasming...

you can pay money.... for upgraded versions of ships. ships that you would normally have to work for in game....

that is the very definition of pay to win.

like i said, if you are going to try to win people over on a topic, dont pick a username that immediately sends up red flags about anything that you are saying.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

all i saw was a bunch of fanboy nerdgasming...

you can pay money.... for upgraded versions of ships. ships that you would normally have to work for in game....

that is the very definition of pay to win.

like i said, if you are going to try to win people over on a topic, dont pick a username that immediately sends up red flags about anything that you are saying.

Lol OK . Just stated what I gathered . As I said , I don't care . Have fun .

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2451 Posts

1. If you take away all the nerdgasming and focus on the video, it's pretty.....meh.

2. $41 million vaporware.

3. Chris Roberts will end up in jail.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I got to play the DFM on the floor at PAX and I have to say it was absolutely amazing and in much better shape than the demo we saw at the event. Some things to consider with this footage:

1) It was clear once we all got to the event that they were having technical issues. They were doing actual coding on stage to make sure the game would work. At any rate we stood around for a good two hours before we saw anything. That explains a lot of the issues that were going on: invincible ships, crashes, etc.

2) This isn't what is getting released. As was already said by Roberts, and others in this thread, they aren't going to be releasing the DFM until it is stable. By the looks of this that's about 1 - 2 months away. Everything is there, it just needs to be polished. Even the guys at the Logitech booth(Mark Abent and Travis Day(you can see them in this video))said the DFM will be another month or so before they release it to the backers.

So the negativity and skepticism in this thread is seriously unwarranted. It's the internet and trolls are in abundance. Especially ignorant trolls who weren't at the event, nor PAX, and have no idea what's actually going on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@PredatorRules said:

Am I the only one here that is not impressed by this video? people in the crowd are cheering like they've never played or seen any flight sim/space sim before.

Pretty much, although you aren't as trollish as some of the other users.

I can tell you, as a person who was part of that crowd, that no currently released space sim looks like this game. And the helmet bit was awesome.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cloud_imperium

@airshocker said:
@PredatorRules said:

I can tell you, as a person who was part of that crowd, that no currently released space sim looks like this game. And the helmet bit was awesome.

I heard local servers weren't working , so they failed to patch the game like they always do just few moments before the reveal . So the build ended up buggy . I did watch Logitech booth gameplay and read some impressions and it looked amazing .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Cloud_imperium said:

@airshocker said:
@PredatorRules said:

I heard local servers weren't working , so they failed to patch the game like they always do just few moments before the reveal . So the build ended up buggy . I did watch Logitech booth gameplay and read some impressions and it looked amazing .

Yeah that's what Travis Day was saying at the event and at the booth. I'm really not concerned. Sure I was a little disappointed that the event didn't go off without a hitch but I was pleasantly surprised by the footage we got to see. And then even more so when I got my hands on the game and flew around for about fifteen minutes. They had the sensitivity on the mouse turned up way too high so I had to use the joystick but it still handled pretty well.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cloud_imperium

@airshocker said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yeah that's what Travis Day was saying at the event and at the booth. I'm really not concerned. Sure I was a little disappointed that the event didn't go off without a hitch but I was pleasantly surprised by the footage we got to see. And then even more so when I got my hands on the game and flew around for about fifteen minutes. They had the sensitivity on the mouse turned up way too high so I had to use the joystick but it still handled pretty well.

Damn , you are lucky . Have fun .

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

Probably because hes playing it with a controller. Apart from stage demos, every other time iv seen him play is with joystick and sometimes joystick+Oculus Rift.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

You people really need to read up on facts before posting holy crap..Having judgement from a vid at pax..As stated above the dfm is very unstable yet..They wanted to show the backers what they are working on..So do your homework before making yourself look like a fool an commenting on some thing you no nothing about..Move along nothing to see..

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#34 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Do you do anything else besides shooting spaceships? Sorry if that cheapens it but the parts I watched weren't very exciting.

It looks like it would also be best played with a controller.

Does anyone know if there's any on-foot combat?

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

You can be a explorer, run your own business..You can do missions protection...Espionage just came into play...You can be a bounty hunter, can run capitol ships..Also youl be able to land on planets but this is way down the line..So people talking about stuff thats not in game yet need to pipe down an go read facts before saying its f2p..Its not you can play star citizen 42 an earn every thing you want..Dont have to buy ships like most of us do..Where just heavily into the game..We want chris roberts to succeed..Want to tell ea an the other publishers that the space genre is not dead..So to all you negatori posters above as i said go read facts before posting..