Star Citizen : Arena Commander (DFM) Release Date Confirmed

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

May 29th !

Chris Roberts states :

Let me begin with the information you most want to hear: we intend to launch Arena Commander in two weeks, on May 29th.The goal is that every backer will have access to the single player “Free Flight” and “Vanduul Swarm” games modes on this day, and the very first batch of multiplayer testers will get access to the game’s multiplayer game modes. We will scale up the multiplayer as quickly as possible starting on that date, increasing the number of players as it is stable and stopping to fix bugs where needed.......

Find More information in this weekly report ;

Arena Commander , Release + Development Update (Weekly)

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Sweet, finally a real taste of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

This what makes CIG and Star Citizen so great: The transparency in their development process is unlike anything we've seen from a developer. I laugh at all of the tools on these forums hating on CIG and Chris Roberts. Have fun with your ultra-secretive AAA projects that you have no say in. I'll continue to keep giving money to a game that actively listens to its fan base and treats us with the respect our contributions should give us.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

after seeing videos of the dogfighting module... ill happily give this a pass. it was utterly disappointing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@cyloninside said:

after seeing videos of the dogfighting module... ill happily give this a pass. it was utterly disappointing.

Your loss. We won't miss you.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I can't wait to see how muitcrew ship battles work.

@cyloninside said:

what did you expect?

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I can't wait for this game! However, I know that I'm going to have to upgrade my hardware in order to run it the way that I want it to!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Woohoo!

-Byshop

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Fun fun fun, I'll be waiting, this should be good!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

PC upgrades complete - Check

Hangar Module running at acceptable frame rate - Check

Thrustmaster Warthog working and ready - Check

Holidays booked for same week as launch - Check (spot of luck there)

Just need some confirmation of when I'll get into the multiplayer, my id number is pretty low so hopefully should be in the first batch :)

avneet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 avneet1
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

Been waiting for this day!

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@cyloninside said:

@lawlessx said:

@cyloninside said:

what did you expect?

i expected a game that didnt look like shit?

what the hell kind of question is that....?

in the demonstration, the dev INTENTIONALLY flew full speed into an asteroid like 6 times in an attempt to kill himself and couldnt.... lets not even go into the fact that this is a game that is trading on being a hyper realistic simulation of space flight, and flying at just about any speed and slamming into a large solid object would spell immediate destruction.

that added to the controls looking horrible... the graphics being far less impressive than the early videos led everyone to believe... and the pay to win policy of buying ships, i seriously LOL at all the dopes buying in to this game.

*waits to roll his eyes at the inevitable "its still in alpha" comment*

oh good you know that the game is in alpha and that it's not finished.

i like it when trolls actually admit to being trolls

Actually is it even in alpha? It is pre-alpha right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

you sound like a tool.... keep pretending that you had any impact on that so called "Transparent Development" ... other than giving charity money with no return investment except a promise easily broken.

Back on topic.

Look foward to playing a totally unplayable mess.... on any settings above low. if the hanger is any indication. still excited if it works.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vfibsux

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

you sound like a tool.... keep pretending that you had any impact on that so called "Transparent Development" ... other than giving charity money with no return investment except a promise easily broken.

Back on topic.

Look foward to playing a totally unplayable mess.... on any settings above low. if the hanger is any indication. still excited if it works.

Hangar works fine for me, must be your system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

Back on topic.

The only tools on these forums are people like you. The people who honestly believe that there isn't going to be a game coming out. Get real.

Second, my hangar module runs perfectly fine. No crashes, no lag, nada. Cry more and get a better PC, scrub.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#21 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@airshocker said:

This what makes CIG and Star Citizen so great: The transparency in their development process is unlike anything we've seen from a developer. I laugh at all of the tools on these forums hating on CIG and Chris Roberts. Have fun with your ultra-secretive AAA projects that you have no say in. I'll continue to keep giving money to a game that actively listens to its fan base and treats us with the respect our contributions should give us.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cyloninside

@lawlessx said:

@cyloninside said:

@lawlessx said:

@cyloninside said:

what did you expect?

i expected a game that didnt look like shit?

what the hell kind of question is that....?

in the demonstration, the dev INTENTIONALLY flew full speed into an asteroid like 6 times in an attempt to kill himself and couldnt.... lets not even go into the fact that this is a game that is trading on being a hyper realistic simulation of space flight, and flying at just about any speed and slamming into a large solid object would spell immediate destruction.

that added to the controls looking horrible... the graphics being far less impressive than the early videos led everyone to believe... and the pay to win policy of buying ships, i seriously LOL at all the dopes buying in to this game.

*waits to roll his eyes at the inevitable "its still in alpha" comment*

oh good you know that the game is in alpha and that it's not finished.

i like it when trolls actually admit to being trolls

AAAAAAAAND there we have it folks.

the proverbial catch all excuse that people use to convince themselves that it is all ok...

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

Back on topic.

The only tools on these forums are people like you. The people who honestly believe that there isn't going to be a game coming out. Get real.

Second, my hangar module runs perfectly fine. No crashes, no lag, nada. Cry more and get a better PC, scrub.

i never said a game wouldnt come out.... i said i was expecting a game that didnt look like utter shit.

reading is hard for fanboys i know... :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

Back on topic.

i never said a game wouldnt come out.... i said i was expecting a game that didnt look like utter shit.

Was I speaking to you? No. Apparently you're the one that needs to learn how to read. I'm not a fanboy. I'm just simply not going to criticize something unless it actually deserves to be criticized. I'll save that for the trolls like you.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Kind of disappointed it isn't coming out next week but I guess it's good they are caring about the level of quality before launch. Either way I am excited to sink my teeth into it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Time to order me a Saitek X55 Rhino... :D

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

What ive learned over the years..A guy like cyloninside is sad in my eyes..Bashing a game before its released..They where not ready to release it in pax..They took another month to finish an polish the game..What more can you ask for a game company..You sir have no idea what your talking about nor does the public care about your views an bashing of probably every game on these forums..This is a huge game you think things are going to go right, right off the bat..Every game gets delayed every triple aaa title..They took there time an used the month to make sure the games stable..Dfm is going to just be the start of the game..In june will have to module drops..You sir are going to miss out on one of the best games to hit the pc genre in years an that sir is a crime on its own..So keep bashing things you dont understand its ok with me..Your loss also..

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Time to order me a Saitek X55 Rhino... :D

My thoughts exactly, as soon as I saw this i immediately thought "RHINO!" and started pricing them up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I want to play the game with a mouse before I go all out and buy that Saitek HOTAS. The Thrustmaster Warthog is too expensive for me. At PAX the game played like shit with the mouse, so I'm hoping that's going to be better when the DFM drops.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Good to hear ACM is getting a release date, just having the hangar is like the ultimate tease ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

Back on topic.

Yea... only where did I ever say it wouldn't come out?

You are the one telling people with critisims "LOL YOU WONT BEMISSED I MUST DEFEND MY BABY AND INSULT DOUBTERS" as if we insulted your mother.

My PC plays every other game max settings.... yet can't run a motionless hanger very well, thats not my fault... doesn't even look better than Crysis 3 graphically. I never said it was such a bad thing either... why would I upgrade to play a game that won't be complete-fully for another 2 years? that would be stupid. as stupid as the people throwing tons of money in ships they can get for free. and then getting angry at people who say this is PAY2WIN ... when in terms of the persistant world IT IS EXACTLY THAT...

All those people with permement free insurance on their hornets.... yea.... soooooo not a ridiculous advantage AMIRITE!?

"scrub" hah. you fail at every turn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Gladestone1 said:

What ive learned over the years..A guy like cyloninside is sad in my eyes..Bashing a game before its released..They where not ready to release it in pax..They took another month to finish an polish the game..What more can you ask for a game company..You sir have no idea what your talking about nor does the public care about your views an bashing of probably every game on these forums..This is a huge game you think things are going to go right, right off the bat..Every game gets delayed every triple aaa title..They took there time an used the month to make sure the games stable..Dfm is going to just be the start of the game..In june will have to module drops..You sir are going to miss out on one of the best games to hit the pc genre in years an that sir is a crime on its own..So keep bashing things you dont understand its ok with me..Your loss also..

oh please, less people care about fanboys not allowing an critism of what is potentially yet another early access disaster like EQ Landmark, Day Z and Starbound.... the latter 2 show no promise of coompletion to any standard of their sales.

There are many negative and positive eyes on this project. and is not gaurenteed to be a success in any shape or form. hell Elite Dangerous while not as nice looking is boasting a damn bigger feature-set.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vfibsux

@Gladestone1 said:

Some people just cannot stomach to see others excited or happy about something. If he played the game and had legit complaints/concerns that would be one thing, but to come in here to rain on the parade a week before it even begins is just trolling. It appears MBirdy has joined him as well.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cyloninside

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

Back on topic.

You are the one telling people with critisims "LOL YOU WONT BEMISSED I MUST DEFEND MY BABY AND INSULT DOUBTERS" as if we insulted your mother.

My PC plays every other game max settings.... yet can't run a motionless hanger very well, thats not my fault... doesn't even look better than Crysis 3 graphically. I never said it was such a bad thing either... why would I upgrade to play a game that won't be complete-fully for another 2 years? that would be stupid. as stupid as the people throwing tons of money in ships they can get for free. and then getting angry at people who say this is PAY2WIN ... when in terms of the persistant world IT IS EXACTLY THAT...

All those people with permement free insurance on their hornets.... yea.... soooooo not a ridiculous advantage AMIRITE!?

dont worry, im sure he will come up with some other obscure reason for you being wrong. fanboys are so predictable.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Byshop  Moderator

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:

Back on topic.

This is hilarious, since his comment was obviously directed at MBirdy88 and not you. Apparently reading -is- hard for fanboys.

-Byshop

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cyloninside

@Byshop said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:

Back on topic.

This is hilarious, since his comment was obviously directed at MBirdy88 and not you. Apparently reading -is- hard for fanboys.

-Byshop

he said "people like you". considering there was a quote from both me and birdy, i just assumed he was referring to the both of us. "people" is a plural word after all.

do i really have to take you all to task on english as well as the definition of an opinion? sheesh.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Byshop  Moderator

@cyloninside said:

@Byshop said:

@cyloninside said:

-Byshop

he said "people like you". considering there was a quote from both me and birdy, i just assumed he was referring to the both of us. "people" is a plural word after all.

do i really have to take you all to task on english as well as the definition of an opinion? sheesh.

What an unconvincing attempt to backpeddle out of an obvious mistake.

Back to the thread:

I'll throw some vids of this up when it comes out with the cockpit.

-Byshop

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lawlessx

what ships did you buy Byshop

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#39 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@cyloninside said:

I would say that it was very convenient that @airshocker's wording was as such so that you can make this excuse.

Yet, if you are arguing that "the game looks like shit" and not that the game would not come out, why did you even respond to airshocker's remark about people who don't think that the game would come out, cyloninside?

How could you have made an association between your statement and airshocker's remark that you felt compelled to respond?

I am not going to say that I am as certain as @Byshop about your mistake, but I have a very strong impression that you have made one.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Byshop  Moderator

@Gelugon_baat said:

I would say that it was very convenient that @airshocker's wording was as such so that you can make this excuse.

Yet, if you are arguing that "the game looks like shit" and not that the game would not come out, why did you even respond to airshocker's remark about people who don't think that the game would come out, cyloninside?

How could you have made an association between your statement and airshocker's remark that you felt compelled to respond?

I am not going to say that I am as certain as @Byshop about your mistake, but I have a very strong impression that you have made one.

His backpeddle is actually worse than if he'd just misread who the post was in response to. The latter is a simple error, but his "rationalization" would mean that even though he correctly read the response and knew full well that he had made no such statement, Most people would have gotten the hint from this and realized "hey, this statement must not be directed at me since I didn't say that". Not only does he not pick up on this, but he takes it a step further by chastizing airshocker for misquoting him. That kind of "logic" is a whole 'nother level of special. He should have just stuck with the reading error.

@lawlessx I dunno. Whatever 50 or 60 bucks gets you. I have to admit, the microtransaction model worries me a bit about this game.

-Byshop

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cyloninside

@Byshop said:

@Gelugon_baat said:

His backpeddle is actually worse than if he'd just misread who the post was in response to. The latter is a simple error, but his "rationalization" would mean that even though he correctly read the response and knew full well that he had made no such statement, Most people would have gotten the hint from this and realized "hey, this statement must not be directed at me since I didn't say that". Not only does he not pick up on this, but he takes it a step further by chastizing airshocker for misquoting him. That kind of "logic" is a whole 'nother level of special. He should have just stuck with the reading error.

@lawlessx I dunno. Whatever 50 or 60 bucks gets you. I have to admit, the microtransaction model worries me a bit about this game.

-Byshop

rofl, believe what you want, but that is the actuality of the situation.

now we are just in a he said she said argument... and i can tell you from personal experience, that you are wrong.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23813 Posts

Sounds like I have something to do after the exams are over. Yes, the build had some issues, but these are stuff that will be tweaked. If I remember correctly the game is still in pre-alpha. Proper bug fixing and polish will come.

@cyloninside said:

So much irony in this post.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@airshocker said:

Pretty much all early access projects, AFAIK, have a relatively transparent development process. It's the way to go. You'd think it's common sense to support this type of development practice, but people are much more happy with their surprise unfinished $60 retail products.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
@cyloninside said:

rofl, believe what you want, but that is the actuality of the situation.

now we are just in a he said she said argument... and i can tell you from personal experience, that you are wrong.

In either scenario, the mistake was yours. The moral of this story is that the next time you feel like sanctimoniously talking down to someone for making (what you thought was) a mistake, remember that anyone can make a mistake.

@KHAndAnime said:

@airshocker said:

Pretty much all early access projects, AFAIK, have a relatively transparent development process. It's the way to go. You'd think it's common sense to support this type of development practice, but people are much more happy with their surprise unfinished $60 retail products.

Agreed. How many times have you been burned by a Steam pre-order? X Rebirth was the most recent one for me. All of the material surrounding the game looked awesome, but then the game actually came out and everyone realized what a load of crap it was. Sure, I could have waited until after it came out and read the reviews, but this was the latest installment in a proven series so I didn't think I needed to exhibit that level of caution. More visibility into the development process for that game would have been very helpful, but considering how the end product turned out I can understand why the developers absolutely would not have wanted that.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Byshop  Moderator

@cyloninside said:

in your version the mistake was mine, in mine, it was not. mine is the only one that really matters to me sooooo.

unfortunately for you, i dont really care what you think? lol...

And yet you keep trying to convince me...

-Byshop

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lawlessx

@jeager_titan said:

Well after countless delays atleast we are finally getting it.

it was delayed twice

@KHAndAnime said:

@airshocker said:

Agreed. How many times have you been burned by a Steam pre-order? X Rebirth was the most recent one for me. All of the material surrounding the game looked awesome, but then the game actually came out and everyone realized what a load of crap it was. Sure, I could have waited until after it came out and read the reviews, but this was the latest installment in a proven series so I didn't think I needed to exhibit that level of caution. More visibility into the development process for that game would have been very helpful, but considering how the end product turned out I can understand why the developers absolutely would not have wanted that.

-Byshop

What happened with X Rebirth was just tragic. The X series had such a massive and loyal fanbase and they pretty much destoryed it with rebirth. Its games like that and Rome 2 that gives me a reason to not preorder without being 100% i know what im getting.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@lawlessx said:

-Byshop

What happened with X Rebirth was just tragic. The X series had such a massive and loyal fanbase and they pretty much destoryed it with rebirth. Its games like that and Rome 2 that gives me a reason to not preorder without being 100% i know what im getting.

Yeah, it was absolutely baffling. It's like the devs didn't understand any of what made people enjoy their previous games.

-Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@cyloninside said:

Back on topic.

"you sound like a tool.... keep pretending that you had any impact on that so called "Transparent Development" ... other than giving charity money with no return investment except a promise easily broken." What was that last part supposed to mean other than to insinuate you don't believe the game will be coming out? If it means something else you need to work on your writing.

You can have valid criticisms about Star Citizen and CIG. How the DFM appeared at the premier isn't one of them. Considering that it was pre-alpha footage, it looked pretty stunning. Yes, the ship didn't blow up when it hit the asteroid. I played the game on the floor at PAX East and smashed into an asteroid and blew up into a million pieces. All of the criticisms about the DFM reveal are horseshit. It isn't the finished product and it wasn't running the way they wanted it to.

Perfect example you just raised is criticism with the lifetime hull insurance. I can understand your frustration with that. I would be a little cross if I didn't have it and everyone else did. Though it only counts for the hull of the ship, not the equipment(weapons, shields, cargo, etc). And Chris Roberts did also mention how he's going to have the system so that people who don't have LTI won't be shafted. I'll find the quote where he said this for you.

I don't know what your issue is but my computer runs the game great. Could be because it's still fairly unoptimized and my 780ti just doesn't give a ****. Who knows? Why the **** are you worried? The hangar isn't even finished yet. It's not optimized for all builds. As you just said, though I don't agree with your time-table, there is a while yet to go. Buying a ship with real money isn't pay to win. Each ship will have it's strengths and weaknesses and the only thing that will really matter is the skill of the pilot. If some schmuck is running around in a Constellation with only one other actual player he's obviously going to be at a disadvantage to someone flying a Hornet.