STALKER - Saved game version mismatch!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

So, I've played a couple of hours of STALKER and just recently updated my game to the most current patch. Now every time I try to access my saved games, it give me an error message "Saved game version mismatch or corrupted save file".

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

Well, it's obvious why your saved game doesn't work. You updated the game, and apparently the game won't let you load old saves.

All I can say is either downgrade the game (probably hard to do, Google) or start fresh and either play it through, or cheat to get back to where you were. Sorry, mate.

ajca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 ajca
Member since 2004 • 791 Posts
huh, thats odd -- I would just re-install the game (aka downgrade) - are there any major things in that patch that you need?
Helbrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Helbrec
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts
Is this the first stalker? If so its the 1.0-1.1 patch which caused your old save not to work. Another reason i dislike stalker.
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

Yea, first STALKER. Is this just going to happen for the 1.0-1.1 conversion or should I expect that everytime I update the game it willl void my save games.

I'm thinkin of just startin the game over, those couple of hours won't be too missed

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
yes start a new game, its a better option than playing the original unpatched games as it has quite a few number of bugs