Sony was going to do the same as Microsoft!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HelpWithPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HelpWithPC
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts

delete this topic, my bad.

but if you want to know go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6h9l5Gb5hE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

should have posted in sys wars.

Doesnt matter though. I believe him. I said many times that if one did it, the other would too and that publishers wouldnt have double standards across both platforms.

I kept being told I was wrong.....

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@darksusperia:

100% positive this is true. there is no way one console would do it and the other wouldnt. it would cause too many problems and too inconsistent an experience for the consumer.

sony was just a hell of a lot smarter than MS, realize what they were doing, and reversed it before the damage was done.

my money is on the day 1 patch being a stealth patch that removes all the DRM crap that was initially supposed to be a part of the console.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

I'm pretty sure Sony said that they don't desire a internet focused console due to many people not having the internet many years ago,also shortly after the announcement of the PS4 (February was it?) they stated that it won't require an Internet connection; Kotaku did a article about it I suggest you look it up.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

@SirSlimyScrotum said:

I'm pretty sure Sony said that they don't desire a internet focused console due to many people not having the internet many years ago,also shortly after the announcement of the PS4 (February was it?) they stated that it won't require an Internet connection; Kotaku did a article about it I suggest you look it up.

DRM=/= Online required

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

all this drm crap these days. i miss the 90's

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RevanBITW

@nicecall said:

all this drm crap these days. i miss the 90's

Ah right, when games would come out buggy and there was no way for the developers to release patches. The good ol' days.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

@RevanBITW said:

Ah right, when games would come out buggy and there was no way for the developers to release patches. The good ol' days.

Developers would put up patches on their publisher's support website. There were also download sites like Fileplanet where patches were posted.

Sony had better make sure that no console ships with DRM software, even with the day 1 patch. I'm sure some curious hackers will be able to hack the pre-patch code and discover the DRM. It could be a huge problem for Sony, if this rumor is true. The rumor seems a bit far fetched to me. Didn't MS and Sony both reveal this stuff at the same trade show, E3 2013?

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RevanBITW

@Falconoffury said:

@RevanBITW said:

Developers would put up patches on their publisher's support website. There were also download sites like Fileplanet where patches were posted.

Sony had better make sure that no console ships with DRM software, even with the day 1 patch. I'm sure some curious hackers will be able to hack the pre-patch code and discover the DRM. It could be a huge problem for Sony, if this rumor is true. The rumor seems a bit far fetched to me. Didn't MS and Sony both reveal this stuff at the same trade show, E3 2013?

I was thinking of consoles and who cares what Sony originally planned to do, they wanted DRM too ofc but saw the backlash and chosed otherwise, thats what matters. DRM is already the standard for Steam and I'm not seeing people complaining there, the real issue is the subscription based online multiplayer for the new consoles.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

@RevanBITW said:

@Falconoffury said:

@RevanBITW said:

I was thinking of consoles and who cares what Sony originally planned to do, they wanted DRM too ofc but saw the backlash and chosed otherwise, thats what matters. DRM is already the standard for Steam and I'm not seeing people complaining there, the real issue is the subscription based online multiplayer for the new consoles.

People dont complain about steam cause it gives you so much back in return.

the consoles give you nothing and just take take take.

Thats the difference.