SilverBlade1805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SilverBlade1805
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

Hey guys,as you can see I'm trying to get into PC Gaming. I've been a console gamer and I will continue to be.However PCs are more capable than consoles,PC Gaming is also very...how do I put it,easy? Meaning you can download most games while being lazy and not going out.Not all though.What Classics(or Future Classics :P) do you suggest? All genres are fine with me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts
  • Divinity: Original Sin (cRPG)
  • Empire Earth (RTS)
  • Half-Life Series with Mods (Shooter and other)
  • Planescape Torment; Baulders Gate; Icewind Dale; Neverwinter Nights (classic cRPGs)
  • Civilization 4 or 5 (Turn-Based Strategy)
  • Any of the Elder Scrolls games with mods (Action-Adventure RPG)
  • Any multi-platform game that looks interesting that you haven't played yet.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

HL and HL2

Portal

Crysis

Red Alert 2 (and 3)

Starcraft 2

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#4 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Planetside 2

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Crysis, Crysis 3, Unreal Tournament III, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Counter Strike GO, Team Fortress 2 (free), Path of Exile (free), War Thunder (free), Assetto Corsa.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Crysis and Halflife 2

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

i was in the same situation as you many months ago. Playing as a Medic in Team Fortress 2 really helped me get used to the keyboard & mouse and helped me learn that game. I highly suggest it.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@behardy24: Damn man, you've been here since Jan and you nearly have as many posts as me. You must have a lot to say!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

Just buy the games you already like that is on the PC. PC gaming does not demand the use of keyboard and mouse only, you can use a controller for most multiplatform games. I suggest trying the games you are most familiar with before jumping on the archaic keyboard and mouse.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex, Mount & Blade: Warband, Crysis, Diablo 2: LoD, Starcraft 2

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@SilverBlade1805: I recommend, first of all, SINGLEPLAYER* games that get you familiar with a mouse and keyboard.

RTSs (real-time strategy, such as Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Warcraft, and so forth) games, as well as their "slower-paced" counterparts TBSs (turn-based strategy games, such as the all-mighty Civilization series), will get you familiar with precise mouse movements and strategic, adaptive thinking. At the risk of sounding elitist, there is a large amount of variety on PC that does not come to consoles, and you will find yourself playing games (at least in this genre) that you have not touched on consoles.

For general keyboard familiarity, you cant go wrong with any SINGLEPLAYER* games that stress the traditional WASD configuration: it's a very organic feeling...eventually; your middle three fingers rest softly on WAD (with one ready to tap the S key, when the time to backpeddle arrives), your thumb on the spacebar (to jump), and your pinky on CTRL (to crouch) or SHIFT to sprint. The numeric keys are at your whim (1-0), ready to equip any weapon, tool, or ability you desire. Concerning games in this area, there are a lot: I personally recommend:

Halflife 2, plus episodes.

TES: Skyrim**

I would recommend more, but truthfully, these two games have kept me so focused and involved, and yet are so incredibly basic (to their benefit, I might add; nailing the fundamentals is an often overlooked attribute) that theyre perfect for "learning the ropes" of PC gaming

*I suggest singleplayer, at least at first, solely because it will take time to acclimate to controlling one's self on the PC. Multiplayer is competitive and, sometimes, discouraging and I'd hate to turn away a prospective PC gamer because of a few bad apples. Learn to play, then kick some ass :)

**Skyrim has the benefit of modding, a huuuuuuuuuuuge benefit of PC gaming. I often think of this as one of the best perks of gaming and, while some "hardcore" gamers might not be fond of Skyrim's "dumb-down" mechanics, for a blossoming PC gamer it not only provides a basic, simple experience, but an incredible amount of longevity due the mod scene.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@behardy24 said:

i was in the same situation as you many months ago. Playing as a Medic in Team Fortress 2 really helped me get used to the keyboard & mouse and helped me learn that game. I highly suggest it.

Hmmm while I might have stressed singleplayer games to encourage learning, this raises a good point: a tougher learning curve (playing with people as opposed to AI), might be better.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
  • Theme Hospital
  • Little Big Adventure
  • Little Big Adventure 2
  • Slave Zero
  • Total Anihilation
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Hotline Miami
RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were groundbreaking at the time of their release. But in no way are they interesting to play, except from a historical perspective, once you've played modern games that have iterated on what they've achieved. So I don't see why any of you would suggest him to play games like that. It may even turn him off from PC gaming.

In terms of games that simply dont exist or arent possible on consoles, you should play games like Faster Than Light, Civ 5, Dota 2, Metro 2033 and Last Light, Marvel Heroes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@RevanBITW said:

Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were groundbreaking at the time of their release. But in no way are they interesting to play, except from a historical perspective, once you've played modern games that have iterated on what they've achieved. So I don't see why any of you would suggest him to play games like that. It may even turn him off from PC gaming.

In terms of games that simply dont exist or arent possible on consoles, you should play games like Faster Than Light, Civ 5, Dota 2, Metro 2033 and Last Light, Marvel Heroes.

Such wisdom is a rare find on the Internet especially with regards to PC gaming. Great suggestion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@behardy24: Damn man, you've been here since Jan and you nearly have as many posts as me. You must have a lot to say!

Yup =P

I'm the 5th top poster on GD with 2000 posts and most of my other posts are either in OT or scattered. This site is the only place which I visit on a daily basis nowadays (aside from RockPaperShotgun) which is why I post a lot. Also, I have a weird obsession of enjoying my post count going higher and higher which is probably the main reason why I post so much.

jaykowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaykowalski
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

hello all!

I wanted to ask you if you've played the game Monster Legends Hack ? Recently, this game is very popular and also decided to play it :) I am impressed with this game and I would recommend it to anyone who likes strategy games Browser :)

SuperSpudDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuperSpudDude
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

If you have ideas of the category you would like to play then visit

https://www.g2a.com/r/d-p07-70guy

it has loads of games on it and if you like the you can buy them quite cheap :)