• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

Just thought id share..

....Sold my gtx580 today, to get a new exhaust for my car :'(

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Better not be some obnoxious ricer exhaust.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
That's not good.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
Unless you needed a new one..fail...cool your car sounds better if that's what you really wanted.
Nethemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nethemis
Member since 2011 • 155 Posts

Better not be some obnoxious ricer exhaust. C_Rule

please explain Ricer?

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jonleeprice

Its louder yes :D but ricer.....nah and that isnt a term that is used in the uk, its generally what yanks say to describe a modded car thats an import.

jcbullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jcbullen
Member since 2008 • 865 Posts

You urgently needed money for a performance exhaust?

NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NailedGR
Member since 2010 • 997 Posts

Ricer is a deragatory term for a japanese modded car, like what you see in fast and the furius, which is what started the craze.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jonleeprice

You urgently needed money for a performance exhaust?

jcbullen
My standard one was f##ked and needed replacing.....just thought id get a stainless one instead of standard crap ;)
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jonleeprice

Ricer is a deragatory term for a japanese modded car, like what you see in fast and the furius, which is what started the craze.

NailedGR

LOL fast and furious did NOT start the craze of modding cars be it japanese or any other make ricers/boy racers what ever you wish to call them have been around for years and years and actually influenced the films..........

NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NailedGR

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

jonleeprice

LOL fast and furious did NOT start the craze of modding cars be it japanese or any other make ricers/boy racers what ever you wish to call them have been around for years and years and actually influenced the films..........

Where did I say it didn't exist before the films? I said the films started the craze, i.e. made putting lights under the car popular.

jcbullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcbullen

[QUOTE="jcbullen"] My standard one was f##ked and needed replacing.....just thought id get a stainless one instead of standard crap ;)jonleeprice
Ah, that makes sense then.

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

jonleeprice

Yeah that's true, but the movies brought that "lifestyle" more into the mainstream. I remember a bunch of my friends in high school started going nuts with adding spoilers, rims and lights to their cars after that came out. It was pretty silly.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

NailedGR

Where did I say it didn't exist before the films? I said the films started the craze, i.e. made putting lights under the car popular.

But it didnt, maybe in the us or where ever you are from but in the uk it has been going for years and years before the films, tbh since the films came out it has died of alot due to massive insurance hikes for young drivers. I remember going to the motor show in earls court , hummmm must have been around 20 years ago as i was with my parents, and they had a Max Power area with fully "pimped" cars under car neons massive ice installs, crazy colours.

I guess your youngish and have just never noticed it before.

NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NailedGR

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"] LOL fast and furious did NOT start the craze of modding cars be it japanese or any other make ricers/boy racers what ever you wish to call them have been around for years and years and actually influenced the films..........

jonleeprice

But it didnt, maybe in the us or where ever you are from but in the uk it has been going for years and years before the films, tbh since the films came out it has died of alot due to massive insurance hikes for young drivers. I remember going to the motor show in earls court , hummmm must have been around 20 years ago as i was with my parents, and they had a Max Power area with fully "pimped" cars under car neons massive ice installs, crazy colours.

I'm 45.

There weren't even japanese performance cars worth driving until the late 90's.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

NailedGR

I'm 45.

Google Max Power show 1999 and put it on images (first thing i googled, and look at the cars).

As for no good *** cars

Nissan pulsar gtir 90-94

Mitsibushi gto born in 1990

Nissan 300zx 89-2000 You want me to continue.......you clearly have no idea what your talking about :p

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

NailedGR

I'm 45.

Last shape supra 92-02 honda nsx born 1990 Nissan skyline r32 1989 Lol i can keep going if you wish me to :)
NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NailedGR

those are all mediocre, sorry

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jonleeprice

NailedGR
Your a tit.......
NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NailedGR

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

jonleeprice

Your a tit.......

You call me names, but claim the 300z is better than the 240z

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="NailedGR"]

NailedGR

Your a tit.......

What do cars from the 70's have to do with anything? you said there were NO GOOD *** CARS TILL THE LATE 90's, i get the feeling your just trying to get a reaction, i therefore say grow up, at your age you should know better. ;)
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="NailedGR"]

NailedGR

Your a tit.......

TC- I feel your pain. I hope you can get a good replacement GPU soon, but of course the car comes first.

I love how this thread has gone completely off topic! I don't mind because we're talking about cars. I have to jump in here, having owned multiple Z-cars. I have a lot of experience in a 260z, 300zx Z31, Z32, and have owned a Z31 and 2 350z's, including my current 07 350z HR.

There are those who will always say that the 240z is the best... or the entire S30 lineup in general (240z to 280z). They were the lightest, and the first. They are also the cars that really started getting Japanese sports cars rolling onto the US market. There can be no argument that they are legendary. However, the only Z generations that I would say are inferior to the S30 as sports cars are the 280zx (especially the dog-slow N/A), and the 300zx Z31 N/A. All of the other Z-cars are faster and better-handling than the S30.

I'm a little confused about the direction and consistency of your arguments too. You went so far as to say that there weren't any Japanese performance cars worth driving before the late 90's, and then proceded to imply that the 240z was better than the 300zx. Those 2 arguments don't really work together, so something has to give.

There have been numerous Japanese peformance cars since the 70's that have been at least respectable. They typically outhandle American performance cars, with the possibleexception of the last couple of generations of Corvette and Viper. If you think that cars like the 2JZ Supra, R32-R34 Nissan Skyline GTR, 300zx Z32, Mazda RX-7, and Honda/Acura NSX aren't worth driving, you're probably one of maybe 10 people on the planet who feel that way. Those cars are still very respectable today, and some were world-class performers in their day. There's a reason why a 1994 Supra in good shape can still bring 30-40k. They were mid-13 second cars with sub-5 second 0-60 times in an era where almost nothing was doing that. Still one of the best-looking cars on the road, IMO. I'm not sure what your standards are, but it seems like anything that didn't come from Ferrari, Porsche, or Lambo would qualify as mediocre from your comments so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f
deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f
Member since 2004 • 1036 Posts
Did you get cherry bombs? LOL
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"] Your a tit.......hartsickdiscipl

TC- I feel your pain. I hope you can get a good replacement GPU soon, but of course the car comes first.

I love how this thread has gone completely off topic! I don't mind because we're talking about cars. I have to jump in here, having owned multiple Z-cars. I have a lot of experience in a 260z, 300zx Z31, Z32, and have owned a Z31 and 2 350z's, including my current 07 350z HR.

There are those who will always say that the 240z is the best... or the entire S30 lineup in general (240z to 280z). They were the lightest, and the first. They are also the cars that really started getting Japanese sports cars rolling onto the US market. There can be no argument that they are legendary. However, the only Z generations that I would say are inferior to the S30 as sports cars are the 280zx (especially the dog-slow N/A), and the 300zx Z31 N/A. All of the other Z-cars are faster and better-handling than the S30.

I'm a little confused about the direction and consistency of your arguments too. You went so far as to say that there weren't any Japanese performance cars worth driving before the late 90's, and then proceded to imply that the 240z was better than the 300zx. Those 2 arguments don't really work together, so something has to give.

There have been numerous Japanese peformance cars since the 70's that have been at least respectable. They typically outhandle American performance cars, with the possibleexception of the last couple of generations of Corvette and Viper. If you think that cars like the 2JZ Supra, R32-R34 Nissan Skyline GTR, 300zx Z32, Mazda RX-7, and Honda/Acura NSX aren't worth driving, you're probably one of maybe 10 people on the planet who feel that way. Those cars are still very respectable today, and some were world-class performers in their day. There's a reason why a 1994 Supra in good shape can still bring 30-40k. They were mid-13 second cars with sub-5 second 0-60 times in an era where almost nothing was doing that. Still one of the best-looking cars on the road, IMO. I'm not sure what your standards are, but it seems like anything that didn't come from Ferrari, Porsche, or Lambo would qualify as mediocre from your comments so far.

I have my old 460 back in to its not to bad, thanks though :) And you comments on cars are totally spot on :)
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 C_Rule

NailedGR
Not really, though that is what a lot of people seem to think it is. It describes a car that has had a lot of visual work done, but next to no performance upgrades.
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

C_Rule

Not really, though that is what a lot of people seem to think it is. It describes a car that has had a lot of visual work done, but next to no performance upgrades.

i thought rice burner was a term insulting japanese/asian cars. Most rice burners are actually more American than american cars themselves.

jcbullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jcbullen

1990 Honda NSX is a badass early '90s Japanese sport car.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Ricer fad is out is all about vip-ing your cars nowaday. Think cambering, giant rims, big kits, lowering your car on lexus, bmw, or even random cars -.- as hideous as ricers but in a different form, its nothing new but the "vip style" craze is nuts around here. Those people carry plywood in their trunk to get up on driveways b.c they are so low.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

C_Rule

LOL you do understand that calling something rice because it is japanese is derogatory and racist, right? The original term was rice rocket. Which was basically a suped up japanese car, usually driven by an asian. Eventually the word evolved into ricer.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

Ricer fad is out is all about vip-ing your cars nowaday. Think cambering, giant rims, big kits, lowering your car on lexus, bmw, or even random cars -.- as hideous as ricers but in a different form, its nothing new but the "vip style" craze is nuts around here. Those people carry plywood in their trunk to get up on driveways b.c they are so low.

Bikouchu35
That made my day. {people carry plywood in their trunk to get up on driveways b.c they are so low} HAHAHA I never seen this done. But I want to just so i can LOL at them.
neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I'm 45.

NailedGR

I'm not going to argue with you on the "worth driving" part of your comment, but I did have a friend in high school that had a cherry red 1991 Honda Prelude that he decked out.

Lowering springs that dropped 2 (or 2.5 inches), custom made body kit, performance exhaust, headers, flywheel, spark plugs/wires, rims....had a short shifter installed.....that's all I remember. This was back in 96. He spent a good chunk of change on it, it looked really good and there wasn't another car like that in our area.

The retard sold it off in 97 to an aquaintence and purchased an ugly 95 Accord that had so many problems - we all told him not to sell his car and buy that POS, but the damn fool didn't listen - he was really pissed when the transmission dropped out after about 3 months.

The guy that bought his Prelude crashed it about 3 months after he bought it (feel asleep at the wheel, or so he told us)....anyways. I wouldn't say the 91 Prelude was worth driving, but it was one hell of a car after he got done with it.

Nethemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nethemis
Member since 2011 • 155 Posts

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

jonleeprice

i know what it means, but i also do know where you are coming from this new generation is quickly to call most imports a ricer without even knowing half the modded parts on it which have costed money over someone with pepboys parts on it. that is why i asked being it has been all day and not a reply from c-rule on the sub as is that is why i asked him the question, then again there are prolly only a small fraction of gear heads on here. btw even if it is off topic what manufactuer did you get for an exhuast i prefer hks/greedy.

HavocEbonlore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 HavocEbonlore
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

NailedGR

Agreed, the films started the craze. Before it was kind of here and there, but I noticed an increase in that area of car culture.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hartsickdiscipl

"Ricer" used to refer to asian cars/bikes, but has gained a broader meaning over time. Now it can refer to any car that has cheesy-looking visual upgrades but nothing to really improve the performance. Spoilers, decals, loud exhaust, etc.. Typically sport compacts are riced-out the most often, but I've even seen minivans with side pipes and spoilers.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 C_Rule

"Ricer" used to refer to asian cars/bikes, but has gained a broader meaning over time. Now it can refer to any car that has cheesy-looking visual upgrades but nothing to really improve the performance. Spoilers, decals, loud exhaust, etc.. Typically sport compacts are riced-out the most often, but I've even seen minivans with side pipes and spoilers.

hartsickdiscipl
Yes, this says it the best. Ricer shouldn't be used for all Japanese imports.
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

[QUOTE="NailedGR"]

Nethemis

i know what it means, but i also do know where you are coming from this new generation is quickly to call most imports a ricer without even knowing half the modded parts on it which have costed money over someone with pepboys parts on it. that is why i asked being it has been all day and not a reply from c-rule on the sub as is that is why i asked him the question, then again there are prolly only a small fraction of gear heads on here. btw even if it is off topic what manufactuer did you get for an exhuast i prefer hks/greedy.

Lol couldnt afford stuff in that region at the mo, so i got a Powerflow custom cat back.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Good. Now you could buy a GTX 680. Win, win.
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jonleeprice
Good. Now you could buy a GTX 680. Win, win.Elann2008
Thats my thinking in a couple of months.........just wont tell the missis yet ;)
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Good. Now you could buy a GTX 680. Win, win.jonleeprice
Thats my thinking in a couple of months.........just wont tell the missis yet ;)

You have a hell of a nice "backup" card.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]Good. Now you could buy a GTX 680. Win, win.hartsickdiscipl

You have a hell of a nice "backup" card.

Meh its only a 460......does the job though :)
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

C_Rule

Yes, this says it the best. Ricer shouldn't be used for all Japanese imports.

Then why use the rice term at all? It's pretty offensive.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
Since we are talking about cars here, American and European>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese :P But I do have a soft spot with Nissan and their Skyline, but that's it Well, your car is important anyway and hopefully you can get enough money for a new GPU
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jonleeprice
[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]Since we are talking about cars here, American and European>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese :P But I do have a soft spot with Nissan and their Skyline, but that's it Well, your car is important anyway and hopefully you can get enough money for a new GPU

Tnx man :)
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blaznwiipspman1

Since we are talking about cars here, American and European>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese :P But I do have a soft spot with Nissan and their Skyline, but that's it Well, your car is important anyway and hopefully you can get enough money for a new GPUFireEmblem_Man

if american cars didnt suck so much ass and crap out at 160k, then yeah they'd be decent cars

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]Since we are talking about cars here, American and European>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese :P But I do have a soft spot with Nissan and their Skyline, but that's it Well, your car is important anyway and hopefully you can get enough money for a new GPUblaznwiipspman1

if american cars didnt suck so much ass and crap out at 160k, then yeah they'd be decent cars

Dont forget about their inability to go round corners ;)
Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

Could we at least get a pic of the new exhaust?

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jonleeprice

Could we at least get a pic of the new exhaust?

Rusteater
Site wont let me even copy and paste words never mind put pics up
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]Since we are talking about cars here, American and European>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese :P But I do have a soft spot with Nissan and their Skyline, but that's it Well, your car is important anyway and hopefully you can get enough money for a new GPUjonleeprice

Dont forget about their inability to go round corners ;)

i don't even mind that. My favorite car so far that I looked at and would love to own is the Dodge Charger, but in my life the two American cars ive owned have crapped out or started to crap out at exactly 160k. One 1998 dodge caravan had a transmission failure, the second an oldsmobile cutlass supreme had a gasket leak. Both poblems cost more to fix than the value of the vehicles at the time. The japanese car ive owned, a 1998 toyota corolla was handed down to me and only now at 300k km, is the transmission starting to slip. I'll stick with japanese cars untill american manufacturers can get their sht together.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hartsickdiscipl

Since we are talking about cars here, American and European>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese :P But I do have a soft spot with Nissan and their Skyline, but that's it Well, your car is important anyway and hopefully you can get enough money for a new GPUFireEmblem_Man

I think you're insane for saying that. In terms of reliability, Japanese >> American and European. In terms of build quality, SOME European> SOME Japanese > most if not all American. Performance depends on the model and price bracket. Typically the fast Eurocars are quite a bit more expensive than either. I think the Japanese have made the best overall package for a couple of decades.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I think you're insane for saying that. In terms of reliability, Japanese >> American and European.

hartsickdiscipl

More >>>>, cheaper to fix and my old car has yet to die on me.

Top gear did a segment where this old toyota truck survives after being flooded with ocean water, fire, and a drop from an imploding building without changing a single part just basic tools.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

I think you're insane for saying that. In terms of reliability, Japanese >> American and European.

Bikouchu35

More >>>>, cheaper to fix and my old car has yet to die on me.

Top gear did a segment where this old toyota truck survives after being flooded with ocean water, fire, and a drop from an imploding building without changing a single part just basic tools.

I saw that episode. It was one of the more impressive things I've ever seen. This isn't anywhere near that, but you wouldn't believe the number of Nissan 300zx's that I've seen with over 250,000 miles, still running strong. Obviously those cars would be driven harder than your average car, so I found that particularly notable.