So... who's picking up Warlords of Draenor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I'm still on the fence. On one hand it looks like a great expansion that could be as good as TBC but on the other hand it could be fun for only a month or two before getting burned out like I did MoP. Another reason why I'm on fence is because I'm unsure whether to spend my bucks on WoD or I could get Dragon Age Inquisition a week later instead.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@Kjranu: I did quit wow for 2 years ago , yesterday they sent me 7 days free . I logged in and start jumping in iron forge .... i missed the days i was raiding , i wanna to go back , but still i don't think i have the time , or even if the game is good or not ... :D

hahahaha

the most thing i miss about it is the community :SSSSSSSSS

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@Kjranu said:

I'm still on the fence. On one hand it looks like a great expansion that could be as good as TBC but on the other hand it could be fun for only a month or two before getting burned out like I did MoP. Another reason why I'm on fence is because I'm unsure whether to spend my bucks on WoD or I could get Dragon Age Inquisition a week later instead.

I'm getting it...already bought it.

You're going to read a lot of dramatic whining about the game on this board though. People will tell you it sucks now and all kinds of stuff like that. They will even post fabricated dramatic list of issues with the game that are blown out of proportion.

Personally I still really enjoy it and think it's still one of the most fun games out there.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Not planning on buying it any time soon, if at all. Pandaland was a huge disappointment. I didn't think things could get worse after Cata, but they managed it some how. Plus they are making healing and tanking even more stressful, which means I'm still only going to play my pure-DPS characters (I used to love tanking and healing in BC and Wrath). The worse part is this is another Orc-centric expansion, I am beyond tired of the Orc storyline after BC, Cata, and Pandaland. It always boils down to the Orcs leaders making terrible decisions that f*** up the world for everyone else and this time they don't even have the bloodlust as an excuse.

So yeah, going to pass on this one, the Orcs were always boring and cliche, this is just going to crank the dial up to 11. They could have done something with the Emerald Dream or another planet fighting against the legion, but no, they just rehash the WC2 storyline and call it a day. Bleh.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Kjranu said:

I don't think anyone could tell you if it's good or not unless he tested it before, but depends on your friend IMO if they don't pick up the expansion, there's no reason to play alone.

The new Dragon Age don't fill my expectations so my recommendation is to get Warlords expansion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Not me.

I got 7 days free game time for WoW and logged in to see the changes, then realized it's still the same boring game.

Fans say quests have changed and Warlords will bring more story quests back, but I just don't see it.

Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts

I'll pass.

Left Wrath of the Lich King pissed off because I got involved in the "end game" and let all of the children in the end game get to me even though I knew better.

Returned for Cataclysm and two days later couldn't remember why.

Came back for Mists of Pandaria and left before finishing the new zones because I got bored.

I hear Warlords of Dreanor is an alternate timeline that resets it all the way back to just before the first strategy game. This reminds me of the usually lame tweak\reset Hollywood and comics like to do in order to revitalize an IP. Blizzard spent so much time dropping one hint after another about things coming up in the future that it makes this alternate timeline idea on the orc home world even more disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@FelipeInside: Says the guy who has never had a maxxed level character........

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Not at launch.

Maybe once it comes down in price, unless, the endgame is really, really good. But nothing I heard about it sounds promising.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Advid-Gamer said:

@FelipeInside: Says the guy who has never had a maxxed level character........

Says the guy that hasn't left his basement...

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Already purchased the game and took off Thursday and Friday for a 4 day weekend... Now to just get the kids at Nana's house on a weekday................................ lol...