So, there's a Pokemon MMO out and it's amazing.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

http://pokemmo.eu/

Thank me later fellow GSers.

I just installed this and it's very well done. 

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

Actually looks pretty cool. Might have to check this out.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
lol first thing that happens when i click it is they say i'm likely a hacker or a spambot and should stay the f*ck away. ok then.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]lol first thing that happens when i click it is they say i'm likely a hacker or a spambot and should stay the f*ck away. ok then.

What are you talking about?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]lol first thing that happens when i click it is they say i'm likely a hacker or a spambot and should stay the f*ck away. ok then.

"ATTENTION REQUIRED! One more step to access pokemmo.eu Why am I seeing this page? Your IP address based on the country, region or network has been flagged by the website owner." that's what.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
At first I thought a spammer made this thread, but then I saw you, a regular and I can't believe it...somebody actually made a Pokemon MMO as it's suppose to be done, thanks for the link, will try it sooner or later.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chrisrooR
At first I thought a spammer made this thread, but then I saw you, a regular and I can't believe it...somebody actually made a Pokemon MMO as it's suppose to be done, thanks for the link, will try it sooner or later.DanielDust
It's actually great. I've been playing with my roommate for a bit now. You can make groups, clans and duel people. You can run around the whole game and play through everything ahhhh the nostalgia is a' killin' me :P
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]lol first thing that happens when i click it is they say i'm likely a hacker or a spambot and should stay the f*ck away. ok then.

"ATTENTION REQUIRED! One more step to access pokemmo.eu Why am I seeing this page? Your IP address based on the country, region or network has been flagged by the website owner." that's what.

Hmmm, not sure what's going on :? sorry Bruno. Here's a youtube link to some gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0ujQ0HB5Ng
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] What are you talking about?

Hmmm, not sure what's going on :? sorry Bruno. Here's a youtube link to some gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0ujQ0HB5Ng

yeah i've seen that before. it's not like i can't get past it with some captcha (and 'optional message to the webmaster'), i just found it absurd that he'd stop me from even visiting his website just because of where i live.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] "ATTENTION REQUIRED! One more step to access pokemmo.eu Why am I seeing this page? Your IP address based on the country, region or network has been flagged by the website owner." that's what.

yeah i've seen that before. it's not like i can't get past it with some captcha (and 'optional message to the webmaster'), i just found it absurd that he'd stop me from even visiting his website just because of where i live.

Not absurd at all, it is a very common way to try to combat spam bots.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] Hmmm, not sure what's going on :? sorry Bruno. Here's a youtube link to some gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0ujQ0HB5Ng

he's banning an entire country under the assumption that everyone in it is a spambot. well, if he wanted my animosity, he got it.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Will probably try it if/when Path of Exile starts to bore me.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
not sure if spam. =P
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
How long until Nintendo shuts this down? Or has it been going for quite a while?
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
How is this legal and what regions do they have?
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Gotta try this out.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chrisrooR
How long until Nintendo shuts this down? Or has it been going for quite a while?UCF_Knight
Not sure how long it's been going on, probably a month or so.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chrisrooR
How is this legal and what regions do they have?Led_poison
No idea about the legality, but hey, join up while it's still running amirite?
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Seems interesting enough... but on the other hand i don't want to join and become hooked then all of a sudden Nintendo shut it down due to copyright laws.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I recall seeing this a few months ago, probably the best pokemon mmo out there. 

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]How long until Nintendo shuts this down? Or has it been going for quite a while?chrisrooR

I believe this project is a few months old 

As long as it is non-profit, Nintendo wont be arsed taking legal action. So unless they try to monetize the product I see no need to worry.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS
it's pokemon firered with a bunch of other players running around.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chrisrooR
It's entirely non-profit, and there are legal stipulations on the website that actually seem to make it entirely legal - as long as you take responsibility for having your own *legal* copy of a ROM file.
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

I can't believe I actually signed up for this. Bye bye, free time, bye bye backlog

branman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 branman1990
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Wow this does look good haha.

K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]How long until Nintendo shuts this down? Or has it been going for quite a while?Maroxad

As long as it is non-profit, Nintendo wont be arsed taking legal action. So unless they try to monetize the product I see no need to worry.

Are you certain of this? I'm almost sure I have heard of some other Pokemon project that was shut down by Nintendo before, regardless of being non-profit.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] Not sure how long it's been going on, probably a month or so. K4ss3r

Are you certain of this? I'm almost sure I have heard of some other Pokemon project that was shut down by Nintendo before, regardless of being non-profit.

Pretty certain of it.

I remember in the FAQ of another pokemon mmo, it was even stated they got permission from Nintendo.

Of course, they may have changed their stance since then. It should also be noted that Nintendo only owns a third of the IP (technically half, since they own a third of one of those companies). The other 2 thirds belong to The Pokemon Company and Game Freak.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

They haven't been taken down since they don't distribute any copyrighted material. It requires that you already have a ROM of the Firered/Leafgreen, and it just modifies the assets to connect to their servers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I played it for a few days last week, it's pretty awesome. Looking forward to the updates.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chrisrooR

I played it for a few days last week, it's pretty awesome. Looking forward to the updates.

Postmortem123
I know! I'm reliving part of my childhood, except it's way better :P
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] yeah i've seen that before. it's not like i can't get past it with some captcha (and 'optional message to the webmaster'), i just found it absurd that he'd stop me from even visiting his website just because of where i live.

he's banning an entire country under the assumption that everyone in it is a spambot. well, if he wanted my animosity, he got it.

That is not how these things work. He is most likely using a database of known ip ranges that have been reported as spam bots. If you read the description it says your ip has been flagged based on those criteria, its not just mentioning your country alone.
BombingSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BombingSystems
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

Just D/L the FireRed version and I have to say this is pretty dang cool! But I was wondering, when you D/L the Game ,you have the options to use Heart Gold or Soul Silver Roms.. does this mean you can have those in MMO style? or will it still be FireRed style graphics? kinda a dumb question lol