So I'm looking for a racing game. . .

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ubergusterfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ubergusterfan
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

I am looking for a racing game. I have some very specific requirements for the game I would like to buy.

1. I want it to be cars. Not RCs, motorcycles, ATVs, or karts, but cars.

2. the cars need to be non-livery cars. I have Dirt 3, and while it's super fun and I thoroughly enjoy it, I don't like the fact that the cars are all liveried up. (I don't care if liveried is a word, I used it. Move on.)

3. while I would be ok with some racetrack courses, I would prefer there to be some street racing involved as well.

4. I would prefer it to be eye candy as well. I know people will say graphics aren't everything, and I agree. But in this case, I want the game to look good. Meaning probably 2010 or newer at least. NFS Hot Pursuit looks good, and meets most of those requirements, but I want to know if there is anything better.

I would actually prefer a game like Midnight Club 3, back in the PS2/Xbox era. That game was awesome sauce. Lots of great looking street cars, and they were modifiable. That was the best part. I loved changing the look of the cars, adding custom hoods, rims, doors, etc. If anybody knows a game like that, one that is not Midnight Club: LA, I would love to hear it. It seems that customizability has left games, for the most part.

I have had my eye on Assetto Corsa, but the fact that it's still in early access has deterred me. Anybody familiar with that game? Should I take the plunge? Are there any other games I should look at getting? Is NFS Hot Pursuit going to be my best bet? I heard that was better than any of the other NFS games since then, but what am I missing?

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

Uhhh... So you're comparing everything to Need for Speed and Midnight Club, but looking forward to Assetto Corsa? They're two different kinds of racing games - NFS and MC are arcade racers while AC is a hardcore simulator.

The only two titles I can think of fitting your weird criteria more or less (rather less because who the **** wants a racing game without paint jobs on cars) are Flatout Ultimate Carnage and Test Drive Unlimited 2. Take it or leave it.

Xian269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Xian269
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would highly recommend this downloadable game http://www.needformadness.com/

It's a fun arty styled game with cars. You can make your OWN cars too, and design them how you want. There is multiplayer, you can either race and do stunts or smash up other cars, and it shows the damage on your car. It's an insanely fun game I would recommend it, even for just quick plays. And a new feature is clans too. I think you should check it out. ;)