So how many games do you people play simultaneously?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

Just a random question. Do you people beat a game before moving on to the next, or do you have several games installed simultaneously so that you can switch between them? If so, then how many games do you play at once?

In my case, although sometimes I do keep many games installed on my hard disk, I usually stick to playing one game until I beat it, and only then move on to the next game. On very rare occasions when I do play more than one game simultaneously, they're of completely different genres, like one being a first person shooter and the other being a racing game.

P.S. Obviously, I'm only referring to single player games here, because only they usually have endings. In case of multi player, I do play several games simultaneously.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@funkyzoom said:

Just a random question. Do you people beat a game before moving on to the next, or do you have several games installed simultaneously so that you can switch between them? If so, then how many games do you play at once?

In my case, although sometimes I do keep many games installed on my hard disk, I usually stick to playing one game until I beat it, and only then move on to the next game. On very rare occasions when I do play more than one game simultaneously, they're of completely different genres, like one being a first person shooter and the other being a racing game.

P.S. Obviously, I'm only referring to single player games here, because only they usually have endings. In case of multi player, I do play several games simultaneously.

I try to avoid games with story or games that are just similar or even ones that may make me forget about the previous title I have been playing. Right now, for the past week, I have been playing Dark Souls it is so immersive I will not tempt playing another RPG or something that may immerse me until I finally beat it. I would not mind playing an occasional game of Halo or Civ5, though.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

I play as many games as I feel like as long as they hold my interest if I lose interest I just go on to another games I may end up coming back weeks or months later and play a game again. Right now its mainly Battlefield 3 and Sleeping Dogs and a little bit of Sonic All Star Racing,Crysis 3, Batman Arkham City, and Alice Madness Returns.

I tried for a while to force myself to beat games I did initially enjoy before moving on to other games but honestly was not having as much fun. Sure I don't end up beating alot of games I play because of this but I enjoy gaming more this way and isn't that really the main reason we play games to enjoy them?

Also I like to keep most of my games installed on my hardrive even I'm not playing them I have a 2TB harddrive I split into 2 1TB partion one for data the other for data I don't like to uninstall games I only have around 100gb left though but I can install them on my data partion which has alot left.

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

I've a tendency to binge on heavy story driven or time sink games when I get them until I throughly complete them. But saying that at the minute I'm playing through Valkyria Chronicles 2, Turok 1 & 2 and Shadow Warrior, while I'm also in the new Command & Conquer alpha (It's pretty rubbish, so it's not taking up too much time).

If I'm replaying games, which I do a lot, I'll normally play them in chunks with a few going at the same time.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By funkyzoom

@redskins26rocs said:

@funkyzoom said:

I try to avoid games with story or games that are just similar or even ones that may make me forget about the previous title I have been playing. Right now, for the past week, I have been playing Dark Souls it is so immersive I will not tempt playing another RPG or something that may immerse me until I finally beat it. I would not mind playing an occasional game of Halo or Civ5, though.

Ouch, that's a LOT of games!

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By funkyzoom

@DJ_Headshot said:

I play as many games as I feel like as long as they hold my interest if I lose interest I just go on to another games I may end up coming back weeks or months later and play a game again. Right now its mainly Battlefield 3 and Sleeping Dogs and a little bit of Sonic All Star Racing,Crysis 3, Batman Arkham City, and Alice Madness Returns.

I tried for a while to force myself to beat games I did initially enjoy before moving on to other games but honestly was not having as much fun. Sure I don't end up beating alot of games I play because of this but I enjoy gaming more this way and isn't that really the main reason we play games to enjoy them?

Also I like to keep most of my games installed on my hardrive even I'm not playing them I have a 2TB harddrive I split into 2 1TB partion one for data the other for data I don't like to uninstall games I only have around 100gb left though but I can install them on my data partion which has alot left.

I agree with your point that games are for enjoyment, but as for me, all my enjoyment comes to naught if I leave a game unfinished. Of course, I never aim for 100% completing unless its a REALLY good game, but still I always beat the story mode or the campaign of one game before moving on to the next one.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@funkyzoom said:

@redskins26rocs said:

@funkyzoom said:

Ouch, that's a LOT of games!

Like I said I try to, and I have a feeling Dark Souls is pretty long (50+ hr so far) so it maybe a challenge to not play anything else. Hopefully, I am done by this weekend.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Usually just one at a time if they are single player games. However with MP type games I bounce between games multiple times a day.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Maybe upwards of 3, usually 1 or 2

ModifiedCPU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ModifiedCPU
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I only play Multiplayer based games lately on the PC.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Depends on what has my interest at the time. At the moment I've got a campaign going in Rome 2, been playing The Witcher EE again as well as some BF4 Beta and a bit of Company of Heroes 2 on the side.

ThatKidCriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 ThatKidCriss

Usually around 4-5 games but lm trying not to play simultaneously games that are heavy strory driven.

twistmibile123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By twistmibile123

@redskins26rocs: Yes I do the same things first finish the game and then jump to another game.

I do play more than one game at once but I play one on my computer and other on my device at the same time.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

less than 5. i typically keep at least one multiplayer shooter, one online RPG, and one competitive game (some of these can overlap) to satisfy my cravings.

apart from that i play anything i feel like.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

1 story-driven game

1 online fps

1 driving/sim/RTS

So usually 2-3 games at a time depending on mood

Aparthide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aparthide
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

-Rage

-Rayman Legends

-Radiant Historia

-PS2

-Heavy Rain

-MGS2

I guess these are the games I'm currently playing. There's actually more games I still need to finish but I have this weird habbit of playing a game until a certain point and then just dropping it for a couple of weeks or even months. I don't even know why I do that.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Somtimes I get to the point where I overwhelm myself. I just finished GTA V last night, so now I have Ni No Kuni, Pokemon X, Luigis Mansion, FFXIV ARR, and random fighting games all going at the sametime. Not to mention the backlog I haven't even started....

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

I enjoy games less when I am playing too many titles/first or second playthroughs all at once I have learned. So, I will make my first playthrough on a game that is usually heavy on story be my main game. Like others have posted, I will also have some light-on-story PVP and multiplayer games be in the mix. Then I will jump on to some ol' standbys that I've already completed a few times that offer something different than my main game. My line-up as of October 22nd 2013 looks like this:

Main Game right now is Batman: Arkham City.

PVP multiplayer games: Gotham City Impostors, Alliance of Valiant Arms and some Crysis 2 here and there.

Palette cleansers are Saints Row 3 for the driving and the original Borderlands for the crazy-ass guns.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

I usually play AAA titles in a single run (as in, I don't play other games while playing them), because they're for the most part short. If I'm playing a game that's longer (as is currently the case with Arkham City), I'll usually alternate it with other, shorter games I can enjoy in small periods - such as Spelunky, Teleglitch and whatnot.

Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

I'm kinda anal about this. Only one game at a time. I move on when I've finished the final level/boss fight. Not before.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Play a lot mostly though about 10 games yearly..SimCity, nba2k14 right now, borderlands 2 from time to time..Batman is my next adventure this week..Just beat gta 5, kozzy keeps getting me into games ive never tried, wolf among us for one..There is about 30 games on my pc atm on steam ive got loaded at any given time..Play them all when I feel like it...Xcom ill play now an than, im even re-playing skyrim atm..

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The only game that I'm playing with a campaign is Mass Effect (The trilogy set). I also have Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 installed. But, I've resisted the urge to play them until I finish the first.

Otherwise, I'm playing games that I've finished. I'm having a blast simply immersing myself in Far Cry 3's world. I reset the outposts and then captured a number of them. That way, I have some safe (Rakyat-controlled) areas. Then, I just venture into merc/pirate areas and spread mayhem. If I'm pursued, I lure them back into friendly territory.

I also have Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, Hard Reset, C&C 3, and Napoleon Total War. All the games mentioned are installed on both desktop PC and laptop.

Edit:

No fast travel. If my vehicle gets blown out from under me (happens a lot), I have to make it back to friendly territory by whatever means except fast travel/warp via safe houses.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#24 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I tend to play one per platform.

So right now it's Devil May Cry on PC and The Last Story on Wii. I tend to have access to the Wii on a more limited basis since it's in the main room where everyone uses the TV, whereas with my PC I can play without hogging the television.

Just a few days ago however it was Valdis Story: Abyssal City on PC and Skyward Sword on Wii. Once I beat my current batch of games on each system I'll swap to new ones.

As far as my phone, anything goes for that really.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Too many! I’m currently playing:

Grid 2

Age Of Empires 2 HD

Anno 1407 and 2070

Flashback remake

DMC

Divinity: Dragon Commander

Hard reset

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Metro Last Light

Civ 5

Sleeping Dogs

Chaos On Deponia

Serious Sam HD

Ni No Kuni

Some of the strategy games are ongoing mind and I never really put them down.

Shockingly I do actually finish most games eventually. Some that I play for a decent time but don't end up enjoying too much do get left.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Too many bro,

Guild Wars 2 ,

League of Legends

Prime World

Half Life 2

Path of Exile

Borderlands 2

Assassin Creed 3

Mortal Combat 2013

Mafia 2

Legends of Dawn

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1500 Posts

Not more than 3 games. 1 campaign max, 1 online shooter and Civ V here and there. So it's better than my love life haha.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Not more than 3 games. 1 campaign max, 1 online shooter and Civ V here and there. So it's better than my love life haha.

Heh. I was going to point out that the less I am dating the more PVP eats up my multiplayer. If all is right with the world and I am oversexed, co-ops like Killing Floor and L4D2 see more of my time. These days, unfortunately, I am trying to double-tap as many headshots into people as possible. But that's all probably TMI. :-O

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Currently playing NFS World, PlanetSide 2 - online games so dunno if that counts

Mafia 2 replaying again on hard difficulty and Witcher 2

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

Usually I play one story-oriented game and maybe an MMO or sth.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Well i have a lot of games installed, but I tend to focus on beating one single player game at a time while also playing a number of multiplayer games (BF4, GW2, L4D2, the occasional CoD round)

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#32 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10557 Posts

I typically keep about 20-30 games on my main gaming PC, and play around 3 or 4 at once. One is always the primary; the game I play most of the time, and the others are "change-ups" for when things get a bit too repetitive on my primary game and I need a quick change of pace or scenery.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

At the moment I am working throught the campaigns for: Red Alert, Tiberium Wars, Generals and Commandos 3. Online with those and Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander and World at War.

Others are Simcity 4, X: Beyond the Frontier and I just finished 1953: KGB unleashed on tuesday.

I'm waiting on Xenonauts, Starbound, Grim Dawn, Survarium and might try Path of Exile again some time.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

It depends on how good the game is. If the game is really good I won't play any other games until I finish it. I hardly play multi-player games anymore.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127472 Posts

90% of the time it is only one game at the time. However atm I am playing both Devil Survivor (Nintendo DS), Skyrim and Saints Row IV (both on PC). With the occasional battle in Age of Empires 2 :P

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

At a time I usually play several games, although mostly it's CSS/CSGO + random game 1 or 2. I don't beat a lot of games anymore.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

I only play 1 or 2 single player campaigns at once. I'll switch around between different racing games and different online games, though...

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

One or two. Just finished the story in GTAV and plan to start on The Lost Crown: A Ghost Hunting Adventure tomorrow and still occasionally do more optional stuff in GTAV.

rissbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rissbo
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts

I try to focus on one game because as soon as i pick up another one, chances are that I'll leave the one I was playing to collect dust. In my younger and more vulnerable years I did play more than a few simultaneously.

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

right now im doing Batman AO & Borderlands 2. I also want to get into Civ5, i got it for free from green man gaming but havent touched it yet. Ive never really been into that genre but after watching some videos it looks like fun once i learn it. so i guess two, soon to be three.

Retrocloud01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Retrocloud01

I can't play more than 2 story-driven game at a time. More than that and I am unable to sustain my interest in those as I have so little time to play so many games. As for MP games, I play them when I feel like it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@funkyzoom said:

Games that end i usually play until done and then move on. Also most of the time the games i get is games that keep me interested so no need to play other games.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I always play two games at a time. One PC game and one PS3 game. I play them until I finish them and move on. When I finish all my PS3 games, I will play two PC games at a time. I am currently playing The Cave on PC and Knytt Underground on PS3.