Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army is frickin awesome!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -

Just played an hour of it and having a blast! Pure arcade shooting fun, recommend you guys check it out.

#2 Posted by BattleSpectre (6888 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, also thanks again for that free copy of Bioshock, it works a treat from what i've played so far. I've always wanted to try out these Sniper Elite games even though the ratings are average so it's worth a shot for the right price i guess.

#3 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -
No prob dude. Also Nazi zombie army is twice as fun as sniper elite v2 and only $15 :D
#4 Posted by G-Lord (2134 posts) -

Good to hear. The fact that it is standalone makes it really tempting. I guess I'll check if I can convince some friends to get it ;).

#5 Posted by PcGamingRig (7143 posts) -

Release game that isn't quite as good as people expected

Sales not as good as expected

Add zombies

???????????????

Profit?

#6 Posted by MyopicCanadian (8345 posts) -

What's it like in terms of content?  Is there a campaign or do you just pick and choose maps to play on?  It looked interesting, but I'm not sure how much was really being offered for the price.

#7 Posted by Renevent42 (5606 posts) -
Totally agree! As far as what the game is like: -Game is separated out into chapters, 5 in total. There is a story and each chapter moves the campaign forward. With that said, the overall design is similar to L4D in that each chapter is a collection of "maps" with saferooms between each section. The difference is there is no loading between the map sections and the entire chapter plays out seamlessly. -There is a wide selection of WW2 era weapons to use including sniper rifles, machine guns, pistols, shotguns, and even RPG's. You also have a nice assortment of grenades and trap items. You can lay trip mines for instance where you set down the mine, then can lay out the trip wire across a hall or something so if a zombie walks over the line, the mine explodes. -Weapon handling is great. Weapons feel like they pack a nice punch and sound the part too. Zombies react convincingly when shot, so every round fired has a lot of visual/audio feedback. -The game is based on the Sniper Elite games, so sniping plays a large part. From what I understand all sorts of physics is involved including muzzle velocity, wind, bullet drop, etc. Never played the other games in the series but sniping is fun as hell in this game. -I just mentioned sniping, but don't want you to think this is some slow paced game where you snipe enemies from a balcony. You traverse maps, take cover, get caught out in the open, lay traps, and many places fight hordes of zombies. In certain spots it gets VERY hectic. -The visuals of the game are fantastic. Dark, eerie, and they do an amazing job of giving you that 80's horror movie vibe. Atmosphere is great! -Along with the great job they did with the visual atmosphere, they did an equally great job with the sound effects and music. Weapons sound great, tons of background sounds with the zombies wailing in the distance, and the music is very good when it kicks in at certain spots. Overall for $12 (now $15) the game is a steal. The production values elevate the game well above the price of admittance. I highly recommend the game.
#8 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -

What's it like in terms of content?  Is there a campaign or do you just pick and choose maps to play on?  It looked interesting, but I'm not sure how much was really being offered for the price.

MyopicCanadian
There is a full campaign which you can play either as single player or co-op. As for length, I don't know but probably last average shooter length. For $15 I say it's pretty value for money.
#9 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]Totally agree! As far as what the game is like: -Game is separated out into chapters, 5 in total. There is a story and each chapter moves the campaign forward. With that said, the overall design is similar to L4D in that each chapter is a collection of "maps" with saferooms between each section. The difference is there is no loading between the map sections and the entire chapter plays out seamlessly. -There is a wide selection of WW2 era weapons to use including sniper rifles, machine guns, pistols, shotguns, and even RPG's. You also have a nice assortment of grenades and trap items. You can lay trip mines for instance where you set down the mine, then can lay out the trip wire across a hall or something so if a zombie walks over the line, the mine explodes. -Weapon handling is great. Weapons feel like they pack a nice punch and sound the part too. Zombies react convincingly when shot, so every round fired has a lot of visual/audio feedback. -The game is based on the Sniper Elite games, so sniping plays a large part. From what I understand all sorts of physics is involved including muzzle velocity, wind, bullet drop, etc. Never played the other games in the series but sniping is fun as hell in this game. -I just mentioned sniping, but don't want you to think this is some slow paced game where you snipe enemies from a balcony. You traverse maps, take cover, get caught out in the open, lay traps, and many places fight hordes of zombies. In certain spots it gets VERY hectic. -The visuals of the game are fantastic. Dark, eerie, and they do an amazing job of giving you that 80's horror movie vibe. Atmosphere is great! -Along with the great job they did with the visual atmosphere, they did an equally great job with the sound effects and music. Weapons sound great, tons of background sounds with the zombies wailing in the distance, and the music is very good when it kicks in at certain spots. Overall for $12 (now $15) the game is a steal. The production values elevate the game well above the price of admittance. I highly recommend the game.

Nice summery of the game, totally agree.
#10 Posted by sloakz (379 posts) -

Yes i am loving this game, hope they get good sales and we can get some DLC

#11 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I was looking at this for 2 weeks now.. it was only $12 for pre-order. I think I might pick this one up after hearing your opinion on the game.
#12 Posted by timma25 (1131 posts) -

Is it worth picking up if you thought sniper elite v2 was completely awful? Maybe zombie nazis can make up a long way...

#13 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -

Is it worth picking up if you thought sniper elite v2 was completely awful? Maybe zombie nazis can make up a long way...

timma25
I thought sniper v2 was crap and boring but this is run and gun not stealth and doesn't take itself seriously at all so yeah.
#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I've been hearing surprisingly good things about it, which is making me consider a purchase.

#15 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

I've been hearing surprisingly good things about it, which is making me consider a purchase.

SPYDER0416
I know that $15 isn't too much to ask but I"m willing to bet that this game will blow up during the Steam sale for 50% off, or even lesser price tag of $5. The co-op looks like it could be a lot of fun.
#16 Posted by nutcrackr (12834 posts) -
actually looks pretty fun, is this PC only atm? Rebellion seems to be loving their steam sales.
#17 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -
actually looks pretty fun, is this PC only atm? Rebellion seems to be loving their steam sales. nutcrackr
pc exclusive