Slow internet while downloading

#1 Posted by Zinalu (15 posts) -

It's nothing strange really that your internet might become slow while downloading, but in my case I wonder why, I got myself a new stationary computer since my laptop overheated while playing games and it was a bit slow playing in general, so I got a better computer, the thing about the slow internet is that when I downloaded games on my laptop it barely affected the internet speed and I could surf normally with just a few seconds delay when loading pages, but on my stationary it's almost impossible to surf while downloading games, and I wondered why, in my laptop I have windows 8 and on my stationary Windows 7 Ultimate, if that has anything to do with it.

#2 Posted by thehig1 (819 posts) -

Same problem for me too, always wondered why my Internet is basically unusable while downloading something, but only on that device (the desktop) other devices work fine on the same wifi while the desktop is downloading

#3 Posted by FelipeInside (25030 posts) -

@zinalu said:

It's nothing strange really that your internet might become slow while downloading, but in my case I wonder why, I got myself a new stationary computer since my laptop overheated while playing games and it was a bit slow playing in general, so I got a better computer, the thing about the slow internet is that when I downloaded games on my laptop it barely affected the internet speed and I could surf normally with just a few seconds delay when loading pages, but on my stationary it's almost impossible to surf while downloading games, and I wondered why, in my laptop I have windows 8 and on my stationary Windows 7 Ultimate, if that has anything to do with it.

Because it's using the same network cable and channel.

#4 Posted by Zinalu (15 posts) -

@FelipeInside I actually use the SAME cable in the stationary that I used to my laptop before and it still acts diffrently from when I downloaded on my laptop.

#5 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2402 posts) -

maybe some other resource of your pc has reached its capacity, such as HD read capacity or RAM? although that seems highly unlikely i can't think of a reason why this should happen.

#6 Posted by Zinalu (15 posts) -

I could barely use the internet while downloading the patch for Assassins creed black flag and when I downloaded Elsword, but now when I'm downloading World of warcraft, internet isn't affected at all....This is strange.

#7 Edited by GTR12 (8888 posts) -

What's a stationary? I'm serious, ive never heard anyone use that term when talking about PC's.

#8 Posted by 10854 (100 posts) -

ooh yummy a mystery

#9 Posted by 10854 (100 posts) -

@GTR12 said:

What's a stationary? I'm serious, ive never heard anyone use that term when talking about PC's.

me too didn't know pc's had pends and stuff inside. Should have read the manual.

#10 Edited by Zinalu (15 posts) -

Oh dear I'm so sorry.

In Swedish we call this a "stationary computer"

I didn't think about that it probably was called something else in English, I was way to focused on the internet problem!

#11 Posted by kraken2109 (12948 posts) -

He means a desktop PC, rather than a laptop

#12 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23360 posts) -

How fast were you downloading? Were you maxing your connection on your desktop and maybe not on your laptop?

If they both maxed it, then it's buffer bloat issue.

#13 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2566 posts) -

Isnt that normal for internet to be slow while downloading? P.S. VERIZON SUCKS

#14 Posted by Horgen (109953 posts) -

Isnt that normal for internet to be slow while downloading? P.S. VERIZON SUCKS

He is Swedish... The internet there is fast for the most of it...

#15 Posted by woomar (109 posts) -

What is your connection speed ?

What kind of Ethernet card you have ?