SLI & Crossfire on same pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kitty (114200 posts) -

Awesome, but I don't think I'd ever do this. :P

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

Pointless.

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (7000 posts) -

Pointless.

Not really, some games are more optimized to Nvidia while other for AMD, it IS basically pointless if you pick 780ti which is highest end but in terms of medium level or low level GPUs - I see a reason of combining both.

You'd also need high end MOBO that enables you 2 way SLI and 2x CrossFire - which kinda take all of your money, instead of investing into more powerful GPU.

#4 Posted by Horgen (109935 posts) -

Well if you got the money, but those 290X gotta be burning hot in there.

#5 Posted by Code135 (789 posts) -

Just looking at how the GPUs are all hugging each other makes me shed tears. decent cable management but damn that case is in need of a liquid nitrogen-type of a cooling ... because water cooling won't be able to handle all the heat when gaming ... there is practically no way for air to circulate and cool the GPU via the fans ...

#6 Posted by PredatorRules (7000 posts) -

@Code135 said:

Just looking at how the GPUs are all hugging each other makes me shed tears. decent cable management but damn that case is in need of a liquid nitrogen-type of a cooling ... because water cooling won't be able to handle all the heat when gaming ... there is practically no way for air to circulate and cool the GPU via the fans ...

What? you do know, in that vid it's either 2 AMD will be running or 2 Nvidia, they can't be running all 4 of em' together.

Besides you don't need liquid nitrogen cooling for 4 GPUs to vent all of the heat, that's why Full Tower cases are made for.

#7 Edited by Cwagmire21 (5883 posts) -

Don't know if anyone actually watched the whole video, but he brings up a good point. All this proprietary GPU technology is like console exclusives.

#8 Edited by kitty (114200 posts) -

Don't know if anyone actually watched the whole video, but he brings up a good point. All this proprietary GPU technology is like console exclusives.

Yeah he does. I watched it before posting. :) I'm always watching stuff by him or tech of tomorrow, thought I'd post this since it seemed interesting and different.